About the Xantrex XPower 400 Plus
Make the most of your travel time! Xantrex's XPower 400 Plus power inverter converts your vehicle's cigarette lighter (or DC power outlet) into two grounded 115-volt AC outlets. You can power a laptop computer, camcorder, 20" TV/VCR combos, or most 27" TVs.
The unit shuts down with a warning light if battery power gets low. For loads over 150 watts, a fused, direct connection to car battery is required (check with a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 for details).Details:
- 320 watts continuous power (600 watts surge)
- two 3-prong, 115-volt AC outlets
- automatic shutdown with low battery power
- cooling fan
- 35" cord with DC lighter plug and hardwire
- 3' battery cables for direct connection to vehicle battery
- 6-1/2"W x 2-3/8"H x 4-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
What's in the box:
- DC-to-AC power inverter
- 3' Positive battery cable
- 3' Negative battery cable
- 35" Lighter plug cable (has a DC lighter plug on one end and two power rings on the other end)
- Owner's Guide
Xantrex XPower 400 Plus reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Xantrex XPower 400 Plus
3-prong AC Outlets: This unit can plug directly into your car's cigarette lighter or connect directly to your vehicle's battery, supplying standard AC power (115-volt, 60 Hz) through two 3-prong outlets. You can power several appliances if the total rating of all the appliances does not exceed 320 watts.
Note: For loads that exceed 150 watts, you must connect the power inverter directly to your vehicle's battery.
Low Battery Alarm and Shutdown: As the battery discharges, its voltage decreases. When the power inverter senses that the voltage at its DC input has dropped to 10.7 volts, an alarm is sounded. If the voltage drops below 10 volts, the inverter shuts down.
Overload Shutdown: If you connect an AC load that is rated too high or a load that draws excessive surge power, the inverter shuts down.
Over Temperature Shutdown: The inverter shuts down automatically if it exceeds its safe operating temperature.
High Input Voltage Shutdown: If a defective battery charging system causes the battery voltage to rise to a dangerously high level, the inverter shuts down.
Cooling Fan: The cooling fan is designed to operate only when output power is greater than approximately 100 watts. When the inverter is turned on, the fan may operate momentarily.
- Continuous Output Power: 320 W
- Five Minute AC Output Power: 400 W
- AC Output Surge Capacity: 600 W
- DC Input Voltage Range: 10-15 volts DC
- Battery Drain with no AC Load: 0.2 amps