About the PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 Aftermarket Amplifier Interface
Your amp will sound better than the factory system
Your amp will sound better than the factory system
You can make a less-than-ideal factory system actually sound premium by replacing the weak factory amplifier with a more powerful aftermarket amp. PAC's AmpPRO interface consists of a module and a vehicle-specific T-harness that make the job much easier. Now, you can install an amplifier of your own without losing any of your vehicle's factory audio features like warning chimes, navigation prompts, and Bluetooth functions.
Simple to install
The package's T-harness plugs into the factory radio and vehicle harness. The small module fits behind the dash, converting your radio's speaker outputs into six preamp-level outputs ready for connection to your amp. The factory radio controls, such as volume, balance, and fade, will work as before for your front and rear speakers. A separate wired remote level control lets you adjust the volume of the subwoofer channels from your front seat. An optional add-on module, PAC's APA-TOS1 adapter, provides an optical digital output for your high-end digital processors and amplifiers to handle.
An app for tweakers
After downloading the AmpPRO PC App and connecting to your Windows-run PC via USB, you can access the factory 3-band parametric equalizer (EQ) and customize the tone of your system to perfection. The app also lets you adjust chime volume, the system's minimum volume level, and update the product firmware when needed.
Important Note: This AmpPRO interface simplifies the installation of a car amplifier (not included). You'll also need to purchase anything required to install your new amp: an amp wiring kit, speaker wire (to replace factory wiring), and RCA cables.
- amplifier replacement module and T-harness
- works with select 2014-up Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, RAM, and Maserati vehicles
- 6-channel RCA outputs (front, rear, subs)
- switchable 5- or 4-volt RMS output
- retains factory radio controls and audio features
- wired remote level control for sub channels
- remote turn-on lead for amplifiers
- AmpPRO PC App, available from PAC, lets you adjust minimum and chime volumes and 3-band EQ via your Windows-run PC
- optional TOSLINK adapter provides digital output
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AP4-CH41
What's in the box:
- Amplifier integration interface module
- 6' Rotary-knob cable
- Installation Instructions
PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 Aftermarket Amplifier Interface reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 Aftermarket Amplifier Interface
Amplifier Integration Interface: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 simplifies the installation of aftermarket amplifiers in select Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, & Ram vehicles, both with and without factory amplifiers. (Please enter your vehicle information to confirm compatibility.) With the AmpPRO AP4-CH41, you can improve your vehicle's audio performance while keeping the original radio's fit, finish, and features.
- The factory radio and factory amplifier (when equipped) must remain connected in the vehicle and be operational in order to use the PAC AmpPRO interface.
- If you are only using the PAC AmpPRO interface to add a subwoofer amplifier, the factory amplifier will still power the other speakers in the vehicle.
Vehicle Compatibility: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 amplifier integration interface is compatible with select versions of the following 2013-2018 Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, & Ram vehicles.
|Wrangler Unlimited (JL)||2018-2019|
6Ch Pre-Outs: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 provides a 6-channel pre-amp output for use with aftermarket amplifiers. Using the full-range, fixed level factory radio output the AP4-CH41 delivers a variable 5V RMS pre-amp output with fading, balance, equalization, and level control capabilities.
Non-Fading Level Control Knob: Channels 5-6 (Sub) of the AP4-CH41 are non-fading outputs. The output level of channels 5-6 can be controlled using the supplied level control knob. The level control knob comes with a 6' cable which plugs into the interface module and should be mounted in an accessible location.
Data Controlled Remote Turn-On: A data controlled remote amplifier turn on wire is also provided by the PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41. The remote turn-on current is rated at 2-amps. If more current is needed an external relay must be used.
Retained Factory Audio Features: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 also retains all audio from other vehicle features such as factory Navigation Prompts, Bluetooth, uConnect, and Warning Chimes.
Minimum & Chime Volume: If the minimum volume of your factory radio is too loud once the AP4-CH41 is installed, you can manually set the level of the minimum volume using either the programming button on the side of the interface or the factory SWC (Steering Wheel Controls) in conjunction with the supplied level control knob. You can also use AmpPRO PC app. You can also adjust the chime volume level.
AmpPRO PC App: Using the AmpPRO PC App (for Windows PC only) allows you to configure user interface options such as Minimum Volume Level, Chime Volume Level, and a 3-Band EQ from your Windows computer or laptop. The app can also be used to update product firmware.
- Minimum & Chime Volume Level: From the app you can set the minimum volume level of the factory radio, as well as the chime volume level.
- 3-Band EQ: Enables the 3-band EQ (Bass-Mid-Treble) with frequency and Q-factory adjustment. The Bass Frequency can be set to 60, 80, 100, or 120Hz; while the Bass Q-Factor can be set to 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, or 2.0. The Mid Frequency can be set to 500, 1k, 1.5k, or 2.5k; while the Mid Q-Factor can be set to 0.75, 1.0, 1.25, or 1.5. The Treble Frequency can be set to 7.5k, 10k, 12.5k, or 15k; while the Treble Q-Factory can be set to 0.75 or 1.25.
- Firmware: The AmpPRO app will also allow you to update the interface with new firmware as it becomes available.
Note: These AmpPRO PC App settings can be adjusted with the module installed in the vehicle or on the bench. However, it is recommended to make the adjustments with the module installed, and the factory radio on so that the changes can be heard.
Dip Switch: Set dip switch 2 to "ON" to lower the RCA output voltage to 4V. Set the dip switch 2 "OFF" to keep the RCA output voltage at 5V. Dip switches 1-3-4 are not used.
Optional Toslink Add-On Module: When used in conjunction with PAC's APA-TOS1 (541APATOS1; sold separately), the AP4-CH41 can provide a variable 2-channel fiber optic digital audio output (toslink). Toslink fiber-optical cable also sold separately.
Optional Amplifier Harness: The APH-CH01 installation harness (541APHCH01, sold separately) simplifies speaker wire connections when using one the PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 to add an aftermarket amplifier or amplifiers in select vehicles that feature factory amplified sound systems. The APH-CH01 keeps you from having to cut or modify your vehicle's original factory wiring, providing "plug-n-play" connection at the vehicle's original factory amplifier location (you will need to make hardwire connections at the aftermarket amplifier/s).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
9 questions already asked