About the PAC AmpPRO AP4-TY12 Aftermarket Amplifier Interface
Your amp will sound better than the factory system
Your amp will sound better than the factory system
You can make your Toyota's less-than-ideal factory system actually sound premium by replacing the weak factory amplifier with a more powerful aftermarket amp. PAC's AmpPRO interface consists of a module and a vehicle-specific T-harness that make the job much easier. Now, you can install an amplifier of your own without losing any of your vehicle's factory audio features like warning chimes, navigation prompts, and Bluetooth® functions.
Simple to install
The package's T-harness plugs into the factory radio and vehicle harness. The small module fits behind the dash, converting your radio's speaker outputs into six preamp-level outputs ready for connection to your amp. The factory radio controls, such as volume, balance, and fade, will work as before for your front and rear speakers. A separate wired remote level control lets you adjust the volume of the subwoofer channels from your front seat. An optional add-on module, PAC's APA-TOS1 adapter, provides an optical digital output for your high-end digital processors and amplifiers to handle.
An app for tweakers
After downloading the AmpPRO PC App and connecting to your Windows-run PC via USB, you can access the factory 3-band parametric equalizer (EQ) and customize the tone of your system to perfection. The app also lets you adjust the system's minimum volume level and update the product firmware when needed.
Important Note: This interface does not retain your factory radio's speed-controlled volume, DSP, or surround sound mode, nor will it retain its Easy Speak function. This AmpPRO interface simplifies the installation of a car amplifier (not included). You'll also need to purchase anything required to install your new amp: an amp wiring kit, speaker wire (to replace factory wiring), and RCA cables.
- amplifier replacement module and T-harness
- works with select 2012-up Toyota-built vehicles
- 6-channel RCA outputs (front, rear, subs)
- 5 volts RMS output (switchable to 4 volts)
- retains factory radio controls and audio features
- wired remote level control for sub channels
- remote turn-on lead for amplifiers
- AmpPRO PC App, available from PAC, lets you adjust minimum volume and 3-band EQ via your Windows-run PC
- optional TOSLINK adapter provides digital output
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AP4-TY12
What's in the box:
- Amplifier integration interface module
- 6' Rotary-knob cable
- Installation Instructions
PAC AmpPRO AP4-TY12 Aftermarket Amplifier Interface reviews
Worked well for my Toyota Tundra. I used this to connect to my factory head unit to my new pioneer 5 channel amp and eliminated the factory jbl amp
Pros: Plug n play
Cons: Seems a little pricey
1 of 1 found this helpful
18 tundra. Did not work with remote wire and also did not work properly when using navigation. Returned.
1 of 1 found this helpful
More details on the PAC AmpPRO AP4-TY12 Aftermarket Amplifier Interface
Amplifier Integration Interface: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-TY12 simplifies the installation of aftermarket amplifiers in select Toyota & Lexus vehicles with factory data-bus controlled JBL or JBL Synthesis premium amplified sound systems. With the AmpPRO AP4-TY12, you can improve your vehicle's audio performance while keeping an original radio's fit, finish, and features.
- The factory radio and factory amplifier must remain connected in the vehicle and be operational in order to use the PAC AmpPRO interface.
- If you are only using the PAC AmpPRO interface to add a subwoofer amplifier, the factory amplifier will still power the other speakers in the vehicle.
Vehicle Compatibility: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-TY12 amplifier integration interface is compatible with the following 2012-2018 Toyota & Lexus vehicles with factory data-bus controlled JBL or JBL Synthesis premium amplified sound systems (28-pin, 10-pin, & 6-pin IE Bus).
Notes: Your Toyota or Lexus vehicle must be equipped with a JBL system. To verify compatibility in Toyota, look for a JBL logo on the radio. In Lexus, compatible applications will have a center channel or factory subwoofer.
- Toyota Notes: Between 2012-2015 Toyota used two different styles of connectors. In order for the AP4-TY12 to be compatible, the radio must have the 10/6-pin BHA1761 style connector. Vehicles equipped with the 20-pin BHA8113 style connector are not compatible. Check out Crutchfield's "Find What Fits Your Vehicle" to see if your particular Toyota model is compatible.
- Lexus Notes: Lexus vehicles equipped with the Mark Levinson system or navigation are not compatible. The Lexus CT200h must be equipped with a factory center channel and factory subwoofer.
6Ch Pre-Outs: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-TY12 provides a 6-channel pre-amp output for use with aftermarket amplifiers. Using the full-range, fixed level factory radio output, in conjunction with data-bus CAN messages, the AP4-TY12 delivers a variable 5V RMS pre-amp output with fading, balance, equalization, and level control capabilities.
Non-Fading Level Control Knob: Channels 5-6 (Sub) of the AP4-TY12 are non-fading outputs. The output level of channels 5-6 can be controlled using the supplied level control knob. The level control knob comes with a 6' cable which plugs into the interface module and should be mounted in an accessible location.
Data Controlled Remote Turn-On: A data controlled remote amplifier turn on wire is also provided by the PAC AmpPRO AP4-TY12. The remote turn-on is rated at 2A of current. If more current is needed an external relay must be used.
Retained Factory Audio Features: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-TY12 also retains all audio from other vehicle features such as factory Navigation Prompts, Bluetooth, Safety System, and Warning Chimes. The Toyota Safety Connect and Lexus Enform (SOS) can also be retained (see Installation Instructions).
Notes: The factory radio's speed controlled volume, DSP, and surround sound mode are not supported by the AP4-TY12. It also does not support retention of the Easy Speak function.
Minimum & Chime Volume: If the minimum volume of your factory radio is too loud once the AP4-TY12 is installed, you can manually set the level of the minimum volume using either the programming button on the side of the interface or the factory SWC (Steering Wheel Controls) in conjunction with the supplied level control knob. You can also use AmpPRO PC app. You can also adjust the chime volume level.
AmpPRO PC App: Using the AmpPRO PC App (for Windows PC only) allows you to configure user interface options such as Minimum Volume Level, Chime Volume Level, and a 3-Band EQ from your Windows computer or laptop. The app can also be used to update product firmware.
- Minimum & Chime Volume Level: From the app you can set the minimum volume level of the factory radio, as well as the chime volume level.
- 3-Band EQ: Enables the 3-band EQ (Bass-Mid-Treble) with frequency and Q-factory adjustment. The Bass Frequency can be set to 60, 80, 100, or 120Hz; while the Bass Q-Factor can be set to 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, or 2.0. The Mid Frequency can be set to 500, 1k, 1.5k, or 2.5k; while the Mid Q-Factor can be set to 0.75, 1.0, 1.25, or 1.5. The Treble Frequency can be set to 7.5k, 10k, 12.5k, or 15k; while the Treble Q-Factory can be set to 0.75 or 1.25.
- Firmware: The AmpPRO app will also allow you to update the interface with new firmware as it becomes available.
Note: These AmpPRO PC App settings can be adjusted with the module installed in the vehicle or on the bench. However, it is recommended to make the adjustments with the module installed, and the factory radio on so that the changes can be heard.
Dip Switch: Set dip switch 2 to "ON" to lower the RCA output voltage to 4V. Set the dip switch 2 "OFF" to keep the RCA output voltage at 5V. Dip switch 1 for Two-Channel mode. Dip switches 3-4 are not used.
Optional Toslink Add-On Module: When used in conjunction with PAC's APA-TOS1 (541APATOS1; sold separately), the AP4-TY12 can provide a variable 2-channel fiber optic digital audio output (toslink). Toslink fiber-optical cable also sold separately.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?