About the PAC AmpPRO AP4-TY13 Aftermarket Amplifier Interface
Your amp will sound better than the factory system
Your amp will sound better than the factory system
You can make your Toyota's less-than-ideal factory system actually sound premium by replacing the weak factory amplifier with a more powerful aftermarket amp. PAC's AmpPRO interface consists of a module and a vehicle-specific T-harness that make the job much easier. Now, you can install an amplifier of your own without losing any of your vehicle's factory audio features like warning chimes, navigation prompts, and Bluetooth® functions.
Simple to install
The package's T-harness plugs into the factory radio and vehicle harness. The small module fits behind the dash, converting your radio's speaker outputs into six preamp-level outputs ready for connection to your amps. The factory radio controls, such as volume, balance, and fade, will work as before for your front and rear speakers. A separate wired remote level control lets you adjust the volume of the subwoofer channels from your front seat. An optional add-on module, PAC's APA-TOS1 adapter, provides an optical digital output for your high-end digital processors and amplifiers to handle.
An app for tweakers
After downloading the AmpPRO PC App and connecting to your Windows-run PC via USB, you can access the factory 3-band parametric equalizer (EQ) and customize the tone of your system to perfection. The app also lets you adjust the system's minimum volume level and update the product firmware when needed.
Important Note: This interface does not retain your factory radio's speed-controlled volume, DSP, or surround sound mode.
Installation Note: This AmpPRO interface simplifies the installation of a car amplifier (not included). You'll also need to purchase anything required to install your new amp: an amp wiring kit, speaker wire (to replace factory wiring), and RCA cables.
- amplifier replacement module and T-harness
- works with select 2018-20 Toyota-built vehicles
- 6-channel RCA outputs (front, rear, sub)
- 5 volts RMS output
- retains most factory radio controls and audio features
- does not retain speed-controlled volume, DSP, or surround sound mode
- wired remote level control for sub channels
- remote turn-on lead for amplifiers
- AmpPRO PC App, available from PAC, lets you adjust minimum volume and 3-band semi-parametric EQ via your Windows-run PC
- optional TOSLINK adapter provides digital output
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AP4-TY13
What's in the box:
- Amplifier integration module
- T-Harness w/inline 3A mini-ATC fuse
- Rotary control w/attached 6' cable
- Installation instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PAC AmpPRO AP4-TY13 Aftermarket Amplifier Interface
Amplifier Integration Interface: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-TY13 simplifies the installation of aftermarket amplifiers in select Toyota vehicles with factory data-bus controlled JBL or JBL Synthesis premium amplified sound systems. With the AmpPRO AP4-TY13, you can improve your vehicle's audio performance while keeping an original radio's fit, finish, and features.
- The AmpPRO AP4-TY13 gets installed at the factory amplifier location.
- If you are only using the PAC AmpPRO interface to add a subwoofer amplifier, the factory amplifier will still power the other speakers in the vehicle.
Vehicle Compatibility: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-TY13 amplifier integration interface is compatible with the following 2018-2020 Toyota vehicles with factory data-bus controlled JBL or JBL Synthesis premium amplified sound systems.
Note: Your Toyota vehicle must be equipped with a JBL system. To verify compatibility in Toyota, look for a JBL logo on the radio.
6Ch Pre-Outs: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-TY13 provides a 6-channel pre-amp output for use with aftermarket amplifiers. Using the full-range, fixed level factory radio output, in conjunction with data-bus CAN messages, the AP4-TY13 delivers a variable 5V RMS pre-amp output with fading, balance, equalization, and level control capabilities.
Non-Fading Level Control Knob: Channels 5-6 (Sub) of the AP4-TY13 are non-fading outputs. The output level of channels 5-6 can be controlled using the supplied level control knob. The level control knob comes with a 6' cable which plugs into the interface module and should be mounted in an accessible location.
Data Controlled Remote Turn-On: A data controlled remote amplifier turn on wire is also provided by the PAC AmpPRO AP4-TY13. The remote turn-on is rated at 2A of current. If more current is needed an external relay must be used.
Retained Factory Audio Features: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-TY13 also retains all audio from other vehicle features such as factory Navigation Prompts, Bluetooth, Safety System, and Warning Chimes. The Toyota Safety Connect (SOS) can also be retained (see Installation Instructions).
Notes: The factory radio's speed controlled volume, DSP, and surround sound mode are not supported by the AP4-TY13.
Minimum & Chime Volume: If the minimum volume of your factory radio is too loud once the AP4-TY13 is installed, you can manually set the level of the minimum volume using either the programming button on the side of the interface or the factory SWC (Steering Wheel Controls) in conjunction with the supplied level control knob. You can also use AmpPRO PC app. You can also adjust the chime volume level.
AmpPRO PC App: Using the AmpPRO PC App (for Windows PC only) allows you to configure user interface options such as Minimum Volume Level, Chime Volume Level, and a 3-Band EQ from your Windows computer or laptop. The app can also be used to update product firmware.
- Minimum & Chime Volume Level: From the app you can set the minimum volume level of the factory radio, as well as the chime volume level.
- Chime Enabling: This lets you enable or disable the radio "beep" tone that is heard when pressing radio buttons. It is also possible to disable the beeps using the factory radio's menu.
- 3-Band EQ: Enables the 3-band EQ (Bass-Mid-Treble) with frequency and Q-factory adjustment. The Bass Frequency can be set to 60, 80, 100, or 120Hz; while the Bass Q-Factor can be set to 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, or 2.0. The Mid Frequency can be set to 500, 1k, 1.5k, or 2.5k; while the Mid Q-Factor can be set to 0.75, 1.0, 1.25, or 1.5. The Treble Frequency can be set to 7.5k, 10k, 12.5k, or 15k; while the Treble Q-Factory can be set to 0.75 or 1.25.
- Firmware: The AmpPRO app will also allow you to update the interface with new firmware as it becomes available.
Note: These AmpPRO PC App settings can be adjusted with the module installed in the vehicle or on the bench. However, it is recommended to make the adjustments with the module installed, and the factory radio on so that the changes can be heard.
DIP Switches: Four DIP switches can be used for the following:
- Switch #1: Set to On for 2-channel mode.
- Switch #2: Lets you select the pre-out voltage, either 4V or 5V.
- Switch #3: When set to On, gives a +8dB boost to the input signal of the module.
- Switch #4: Not used, and should be set to the Off position.
Optional Toslink Add-On Module: When used in conjunction with PAC's APA-TOS1 (541APATOS1; sold separately), the AP4-TY13 can provide a variable 2-channel fiber optic digital audio output (toslink). Toslink fiber-optical cable also sold separately.
1 question already asked