About the PAC APSUB-GM61 AmpPRO SUB Wiring Interface
Modern cars often make it tough to add a subwoofer to your audio system. PAC's APSUB-GM61 interface allows you to add an amp and sub to the factory system in your GM-built vehicle. The package includes an amp installation module, a GM-specific harness, and a wired remote. The vehicle-specific wiring harness connects the amp module to the factory databus and supplies an unequalized 5-volt preamp signal for your sub amp. The interface also allows you to select a center frequency to boost or cut to tailor bass response to your personal preference.
This package also includes a wired remote control for adjusting your sub's level, along with a harness that allows you to bypass your Automatic Noise Cancellation (ANC) system which interferes with strong bass. You'll be able to upgrade your bass response with a minimum of fuss while retaining the functions, controls, and familiarity of your factory radio. If you're looking for a simple way to add some bass to your GM vehicle, the APSUB-GM61 gives everything you need to get the job done.
This interface is designed for select 2014-19 Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC cars and trucks.
- connect an aftermarket amp and subwoofer to your GM vehicle's sound system
- package includes amp installation module, GM-specific harness, noise cancellation bypass harness, and wired remote
- amplifier module supplies 5-volt preamp signal for subwoofer amp
- options include flat frequency response or user-selectable center boost/cut frequency
- GM-specific harness simplifies installation
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # APSUB-GM61
What's in the box:
- 24" T-Harness (20- & 8-pin plugs) w/inline 3A mini-ATO fuse
- 5" ANC Bypass harness
- AmpPRO module
- Remote level-control (attached 6' cable w/ 2-pin Molex plug)
- Instruction manual
PAC APSUB-GM61 AmpPRO SUB Wiring Interface reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PAC APSUB-GM61 AmpPRO SUB Wiring Interface
Amplifier Integration Interface: The PAC AmpPRO APSUB-GM61 lets you add an aftermarket subwoofer amplifier (sold separately) to select 2014-2019 Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC vehicles with data-bus controlled factory sound systems, both Bose and non-Bose. With the AmpPRO APSUB-GM61, you can improve your vehicle's audio performance while keeping an original radio's fit, finish, and features. The included T-harness lets you interface the factory wiring, while retaining the original factory sound system.
- The factory radio and factory amplifier must remain connected in the vehicle and be operational in order to use the PAC AmpPRO interface.
- The factory radio's speed-controlled volume and surround mode (if applicable) will have no effect on the APSUB-GM61's output signal.
Vehicle Compatibility: The PAC AmpPRO APSUB-GM61 amplifier integration interface is compatible with the following 2014-2019 Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC vehicles with a MOST data-bus controlled factory sound system (20-pin & 8-pin MS-CAN connectors). The factory radio must be an IO4, IO5, or IO6 model, either Bose or non-Bose. The radio model number can be found on the RPO (Regular Production Option) code list, which is either inside the glove box, on the trunk floor, or on the driver's door jamb.
2Ch Subwoofer Pre-Outs: The PAC AmpPRO APSUB-GM61 provides a 2-channel non-fading subwoofer pre-amp output for use with aftermarket sub amplifiers and powered subwoofers. Using the full-range, fixed level factory radio output, in conjunction with data-bus CAN messages, the APSUB-GM61 delivers a 4V or 5V RMS pre-amp output (selectable). The output signal has a 350Hz/24dB per octave low-pass crossover applied to it.
Non-Fading Level Control Knob: The two APSUB-GM61 pre-outs are non-fading outputs. The output level of these channels can be controlled using the supplied level control knob. The level control knob comes with a 6' cable which plugs into the interface module and should be mounted in an accessible location.
Note: If the level control knob is not connected, the default subwoofer output level will default to 100%.
Data Controlled Remote Turn-On: A data controlled remote amplifier turn on wire is also provided by the PAC AmpPRO APSUB-GM61. The remote turn-on is rated at 2A of current. If more current is needed an external relay must be used.
ANC Bypass: If your vehicle includes a factory ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) system, an ANC bypass harness is included. This will keep the ANC system from trying to cancel out the bass generated by the newly installed aftermarket subwoofer.
Retained Factory Audio Features: The PAC AmpPRO APSUB-GM61 also retains all audio from other vehicle features such as factory Navigation Prompts, Bluetooth, OnStar, and Warning Chimes.
AmpPRO PC App: Using the AmpPRO PC App (for Windows PC only) allows you to configure user interface options such as Minimum Volume Level, Enable/Disable Factory EQ, and set Bass Center Frequencies and Q Factor, from your Windows computer or laptop. The app can also be used to update product firmware.
- Minimum Volume Level: From the app you can set the minimum volume level of the factory radio.
- EQ Enabled: Lets you enable/disable the factory EQ bass-band from affecting the subwoofer output.
- Bass Frequency/Q Factor: The AmpPRO app will also allow you to set the center frequency of the bass-band on the factory EQ, as well as the Q Factor for the frequency. This setting only affects the sub output and does not change the factory EQ for the rest of the speakers.
Note: These AmpPRO PC App settings can be adjusted with the module installed in the vehicle or on the bench. However, it is recommended to make the adjustments with the module installed, and the factory radio on so that the changes can be heard.
Dip Switch: Set dip switch 2 to "ON" to lower the RCA output voltage to 4V. Set the dip switch 2 "OFF" to keep the RCA output voltage at 5V. Dip switches 3-4 are used for troubleshooting Sync & Bluetooth. Dip switch 1 is not used.
1 question already asked