About the iSimple iPod® Interface Kit for GM
Listen to your iPod — including newer models, like the nano, classic, and iPhone — and access all of its playlists using the controls on your General Motors factory stereo. This iSGM73 kit from iSimple includes a PXDP iPod2Car iPod interface and all the cables needed to hook it up to select GM car stereos. Just connect the interface to the back of your factory stereo via the included GM-specific cable, then plug in your iPod and go.
This iPod2Car interface lets you control the music with your radio buttons — even steering wheel controls if you have them — including controls for track up/down, fast-forward, and reverse. If you prefer, you can use the iPod's Click Wheel instead of the radio buttons. You won't have to worry about sound quality in either case — the wired connection ensures the best possible performance from your music. The iPod interface will even charge your iPod while it's plugged in. Warranty: 1 year.
Note: If you haven't already, please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if the included adapter cables will work with your vehicle.
Compatibility Note: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone device with a Lightning connector, then you will also need Apple's Lightning to 30-pin adapter. Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
- iPod connection adapter for select General Motors factory stereos
- works with newer iPods, including nano, classic, and iPhone
- controls track selection and fast-forward / reverse
- iPod remains active, allowing for access to all of your playlists
- charges your iPod battery
- includes an 11-1/4' cable for your iPod and three vehicle-specific connection cables
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ISGM73
What's in the box:
- iSimple PXDP iPod Interface (Version: 1.5.1)
- 11.25' Docking cable (has a dock connector on one end and a round 8-pin connector on the other)
- PXHGM1 harness
- PXHGM2 harness
- PXHGM3 harness
- Installation Manual
iSimple iPod® Interface Kit for GM reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the iSimple iPod® Interface Kit for GM
Overview: The iSimple Interface allows you to control an iPod directly from your factory radio in select vehicles. The iSimple delivers CD quality sound directly into the factory system via the CD changer port and eliminates the use of RF modulators. The factory radio enables track selection and fast forward/rewind just like using a CD changer. In addition, the iSimple allows you to keep full control of the iPod from the click wheel. The iSimple also keeps the batteries in the iPod charged. If the OEM CD changer is present, you will have to disconnect it to install the iSimple adapter.
Vehicle Compatibility: The supplied harnesses are compatible with select GM vehicles, including Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and Saturn.
Note: Please enter your vehicle information to confirm compatibility.
Vehicle Specific Harnesses: Depending on your vehicle, you will need one of the following harnesses:
- PXHGM1: One end of the harness connects to the iSimple Interface and one end connects to the factory system. On the interface end, the cable has a translucent rectangular 22-pin (6 pins present) female connector that plugs into the iSimple Interface. On the opposite end, the cable has an 12" jumper section that interfaces with the factory system. The jumper section has a black rectangular 9-pin female connector on one end and a white rectangular 9-pin male connector on the other end.
- PXHGM2: One end of the harness connects to the iSimple Interface and one end connects to the factory system. On the interface end, the cable has a translucent rectangular 22-pin (7 pins present) female connector that plugs into the iSimple Interface. On the opposite end, the cable has a white rectangular 21-pin (7 pins present) male connector that interfaces with the factory system.
- PXHGM3: One end of the harness connects to the iSimple Interface and one end connects to the factory system. On the interface end, the cable has a translucent rectangular 22-pin (6 pins present) female connector that plugs into the iSimple Interface, and 8" constant power and ground leads. On the opposite end, the cable has a 7" jumper section that interfaces with the factory system. The jumper section has a black rectangular 12-pin (10 pins present) female connector on one end and a gray rectangular 12-pin (10 pins present) male connector on the other end.
Made for iPod/iPhone Compatible: The iSimple ISGM73 features an Apple 30-pin connector for direct connection to your Apple iPod or iPhone with a 30-pin port. If you have a newer iPod/iPhone device with a Lightning connector, then you will also need Apple's Lightning to 30-pin adapter or cable (sold separately).
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Radio Display During iPod Operation: The iSimple Interface does not send any information from the iPod to the radio. This means that the disc and track numbers shown on the display will not reflect the song number on the iPod due to the complex nature of the music library.
Steering Wheel Controls: If your vehicle's steering wheel controls have the ability to select track and control the forward and rewind functions of your factory CD changer, then they will also control these same functions on the iPod.
Programming the iSimple: The interface has eight dip switches on the side. Different vehicles require different switch configurations. A chart on Peripheral's web site shows the correct harness and dip switch configuration for your vehicle.
Note: The dip switches must be set before the interface is plugged into the vehicle.
Installation Location: Most installations will require you to remove the factory radio in order to plug in the vehicle specific harness. Some vehicles may require you to connect the interface to a factory pre-run CD changer cable. The location of these CD changer cables will vary by vehicle. Some common locations of these cables are in the trunk, behind the glove box, and in or under a center console.
The iSimple iPod® Interface Kit for GM replaces these items
- Connect an iPod portable music player to your factory stereo system
- includes vehicle-specific connectors for select GM-built vehicles
10 questions already asked