About the PAC MS-FRD1 Wiring Interface
PAC's MS-FRD1 interface lets you replace the factory radio in select 2008-up Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles that use the Microsoft SYNC® system. You'll retain use of all SYNC system functions in vehicles with Sony®, THX®, Audiophile, and Shaker audio systems, as well as audio systems without external amplifiers. The audio from the SYNC system plays through your aftermarket stereo's auxiliary input.
You can also retain use of your factory steering wheel control system (adapter required), plus keep your rear-seat entertainment system and Sirius tuner, if present. Vehicles equipped with a radio that has an internal satellite radio tuner will not be able to retain the factory satellite radio. Warranty: 1 year.
Note: Your aftermarket stereo must have an auxiliary input to hear audio from the SYNC system. Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this interface will work with your vehicle.
What's in the box:
- SYNC retention radio replacement interface
- SYNC retention display/controller
- Vehicle harness
- Radio harness
- Display/Controller harness
- 9" Antenna adapter
- Installation/Operation instructions
PAC MS-FRD1 Wiring Interface reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PAC MS-FRD1 Wiring Interface
Overview: The PAC MS-FRD1 Radio Replacement Interface with Microsoft SYNC retention allows the replacement of the factory radio in select 2008-up Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles. The MS-FRD1 will maintain operation of the SYNC system in vehicles with Sony, THX, Audiophile, and Shaker audio systems; along with audio systems without external amplifiers. The MS-FRD1 allows audio from the SYNC system to play through the aftermarket radio's auxiliary input. This interface will also retain an external factory Sirius Satellite Radio tuner as well as Rear Seat Entertainment (if the factory satellite tuner is built into the factory radio chassis, it cannot be retained). Microsoft SYNC or the factory Sirius tuner can be controlled from the Steering Wheel Controls or from the separate multi-function LCD display.
Note: Aftermarket radio must have an auxiliary input in order for the SYNC audio to be heard.
Vehicle Compatibility Chart: last updated December 12/13/2016
|Edge 2008-2011||MKS 2009-2012|
|Escape 2009-2012||MKT 2010-2012|
|Expedition 2009-2013||MKX 2008-2010|
|Explorer 2008-2010||MKZ 2008-2012|
|Explorer Sport Trac 2008-2010||Navigator 2009-2010|
|Flex 2009||Mariner 2009-2011|
|Focus 2008-2010||Milan 2008-2011|
|Fusion 2008-2010||Mountaineer 2008-2010|
- Aftermarket radio must have an auxiliary input in order for the SYNC audio to be heard.
- Not compatible in vehicles equipped with navigation.
- Vehicles equipped with a radio that has an internal satellite radio tuner will not be able to retain the factory satellite radio.
- 2011 vehicles require revision 126.96.36.199 or higher.
- Must be revision 188.8.131.52 or higher to retain Ford "MyKey" features.
SYNC Functions: The PAC MS-FRD1 retains all function of the SYNC system, including:
- Voice Recognition Music Search
- Auxiliary Input
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming
- Bluetooth Phone
- Turn-by-Turn Navigation
- 911 Assist
- Vehicle Health Report
Note: Aftermarket radio must be set to the Auxiliary input to hear SYNC, USB, Bluetooth Media, Satellite Radio, or Line-In audio. Phone call audio and SYNC Voice Prompts will always be heard no matter what mode your aftermarket radio is in.
LCD Display/Controller: In vehicles that are equipped with an OEM external LCD display (excluding Lincoln MKS, MKT, and MKZ) all SYNC, Bluetooth, and Satellite Radio text will be displayed on the vehicle's OEM screen. In vehicles that are not equipped with an OEM external LCD display; all SYNC, Bluetooth, and Satellite Radio Text will be displayed on the included LCD Display/Controller. The LCD Display/Controller has four functions:
- Menu Button: Pressing this button will bring up the menu of available options for the current SYNC mode.
- Text Button: If you want to see other text options available from SYNC, pressing this button will cycle through your available text options.
- OK Button: This will make menu selections and pause the USB/Bluetooth Audio source when not in the menu.
- Scroll Knob: This works just like the track forward and track back buttons on the SWC (steering wheel controls). If you are in a menu mode, it will cycle through available menus.
Note: These functions only work when the interface is On and in SYNC, Phone, or Satellite Radio mode.
Wiring: Provides RAP accessory output wire, reverse trigger wire, illumination output wire, parking brake wire, and VSS wire.
SWC Output Connector: The MS-FRD1 provides a SWC (steering wheel control) output connector attached to the included radio harness for use with an optional PAC steering wheel control adapter (541SWIRC, sold separately); , allowing you to retain your vehicle's steering wheel controls once your factory radio is replaced with a new aftermarket head unit.
- SYNC Retention Radio Replacement Interface: 3.515" (w) x 0.975" (h) x 3.595" (d)
- SYNC Retention Display/Controller: 4.435" (w) x 1.455" (h) x 1.095" (d)