About the PAC iSimple PDXP Adapter
You can listen to your iPod — including newer iPods, like the nano, classic, and iPhone — in the car without replacing your factory stereo. All it takes is a CD changer-compatible factory stereo, a vehicle-specific cable adapter, and this iSimple PDXP adapter box. Just install the iSimple PDXP adapter box in an out-of-the-way spot, connect it to your vehicle's radio with the cable adapter, and hook up your iPod. You'll be listening to all of your favorite tracks through your car speakers in no time.
The iSimple PDXP adapter allows you to control the party with your radio buttons (even steering wheel controls if you have them) — including controls for track up/down, fast forward, and rewind. The iPod itself stays active, too, giving you access to all of your playlists and filters. And you won't have to worry about sound quality. The wired connection ensures the best possible performance from your portable player.
Once everything is installed, you'll be able to access the iPod by pressing "CD" or "AUX" on your radio. And the iSimple PDXP will even charge your iPod while it's plugged in. Peripheral gives you everything you need to bring iPod convenience on the road.
Note: If you haven't already, please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if we have a vehicle-specific cable adapter that'll connect the iSimple PDXP to your vehicle.
Compatibility Note: Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
- iPod connection adapter for factory stereo
- works with newer iPods, including nano, classic, and iPhone
- controls track selection and and fast forward / rewind
- the iPod remains active, allowing for access to all of your playlists
- charges your iPod battery
- includes an 11-1/2' cable for your iPod
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PXDP
What's in the box:
- iPod adapter
- 11.5' iPod interface cable
- Owners manual
PAC iSimple PDXP Adapter reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PAC iSimple PDXP Adapter
FeaturesFactory Radio Compatibility: The iSimple PXDP interface allows select iPods/iPhone to be connected to the factory radio with CD-changer controls, using a vehicle specific cable (sold separately). Your vehicle must be equipped with or have the ability to support an external CD changer. Please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to see if your vehicle and factory radio are compatible.
- Not compatible with radios that have a built-in 6 disc changer.
- Not compatible with any factory external audio source such as XM tuner, CD changer, or Cassette player. These devices must be disconnected and will no longer function.
iPod Control Compatibility: The iPod is controlled using the CD Changer commands on the factory radio (or steering wheel if equipped). Track skip forward/backward and fast forward/rewind within a song work just like on a CD. The controls on the iPod remain active so you have full playback control. The iPod2car interface does not disable any functionality of the iPod. The iSimple PXDP also charges iPod battery when connected. The iSimple PXDP interface is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features when connected to a compatible OEM (factory) radio using a Peripheral vehicle specific cable (sold separately); as of 4/30/2013.
|iPod Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Radio||iPod/iPhone||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
- Requires the Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter or Lightning to 30-pin cable (both, sold separately).
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked