About the Peripheral iPod® adapter
It's true you can listen to your iPod in the car without replacing your factory stereo. All it takes is a CD changer-compatible factory stereo and this iPod2car adapter kit from Peripheral.
Just install the iPod2car adapter in an out-of-the-way spot, connect it to your radio with the included vehicle-specific cable adapter, and hook up your iPod. You'll be listening to all of your favorite tracks through your car speakers in no time. This kit is compatible with the factory radios in select General Motors vehicles, including Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Isuzu, Pontiac, and Toyota.
The iPod2car interface allows you to access iPod functions, including track up/down, fast forward, and rewind, with your radio's buttons even if your car has steering wheel radio controls. The iPod itself stays active, so you can access all of your playlists and filters. And you won't have to worry about sound quality. The wired connection ensures the best possible performance from your portable player.
Once everything is installed, you'll be able to access the iPod by pressing "CD" or "AUX" on your radio. And the iPod2car will even charge your iPod while it's plugged in. A dash mount for your iPod is included.
Note: If you haven't already, please enter your vehicle information or call a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to make sure this vehicle-specific cable adapter will work in your car.
- iPod connection adapter for select GM factory stereos
- controls track selection and fast forward/rewind
- iPod remains active, allowing for access to all of your playlists
- charges your iPod battery
- includes an 11' cable for your iPod and vehicle-specific connection cable
- includes dash mount
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PXDPKG
What's in the box:
- iPod2car Interface
- 11' Docking cable (has a dock connector on one end and a round 8-pin connector on the other end)
- PXHGM1 harness
- PXHGM2 harness
- PXHGM3 harness
- Flexible dash mount with self-adhesive pads
- AC vent mount (comes in three separate pieces)
- Installation Manual
- Note on mounting cradle
Peripheral iPod® adapter reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Peripheral iPod® adapter
Features & specs
|Adapter Type||iPod audio in w/ iPod control|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The iPod2car Interface allows you to control an iPod directly from your factory radio, in select vehicles. The iPod2car delivers CD quality sound directly into the factory system via the CD changer port and eliminates the use of RF modulators. The factory radio enables track selection and fast forward/rewind just like using a CD changer. In addition, the iPod2car allows you to keep full control of the iPod from the click wheel. The iPod2car also keeps the batteries in the iPod charged. For all vehicles, you will have to disconnect any external CD changer to install the iPod2car.
Note: The iPod2car is designed to be used with Generation 3, 4, Mini and Photo iPods. The iPod2car is also compatible with the iPod nano.
Vehicle Compatibility: The supplied harnesses are compatible with select GM vehicles, including Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and Saturn.
Note: Please use the "What Fits My Car?" feature on the website to determine compatibility with your specific vehicle.
Vehicle Specific Harnesses: Depending on your vehicle, you will need one of the following harnesses:
- PXHGM1: One end of the harness connects to the iPod2car Interface and one end connects to the factory system. On the interface end, the cable has a clear rectangular 22-pin (6 pins present) female connector that plugs into the iPod2car Interface. On the opposite end, the cable has an 11" jumper section that interfaces with the factory system. The jumper section has a black rectangular 9-pin female connector on one end and a white rectangular 9-pin male connector on the other end.
- PXHGM2: One end of the harness connects to the iPod2car Interface and one end connects to the factory system. On the interface end, the cable has a clear rectangular 22-pin (7 pins present) female connector that plugs into the iPod2car Interface. On the opposite end, the cable has a white rectangular 21-pin (7 pins present) male connector that interfaces with the factory system.
- PXHGM3: One end of the harness connects to the iPod2car Interface and one end connects to the factory system. On the interface end, the cable has a clear rectangular 22-pin (6 pins present) female connector that plugs into the iPod2car Interface, and 8" constant and ground leads. On the opposite end, the cable has a 7" jumper section that interfaces with the factory system. The jumper section has a black rectangular 12-pin (10 pins present) female connector on one end and a gray rectangular 12-pin (10 pins present) male connector on the other end.
Radio Display During iPod Operation: The iPod2car Interface does not send any information from the iPod to the radio. This means that the disc and track numbers shown on the display will not reflect the song number on the iPod due to the complex nature of the music library.
Steering Wheel Controls: If your vehicle's steering wheel controls have the ability to select track and control the forward and rewind functions of your factory CD changer, then they will also control these same functions on the iPod.
Programming the iPod2car: The interface has eight dip switches located on its side. Different vehicles require different switch configurations. Once you have determined the correct harness for your vehicle, you will need to program the iPod2car Interface. A Dip Switch Configuration Chart in the Instruction Manual tells which configuration is right for your vehicle.
Note: The dip switches must be set before the interface is plugged into the vehicle.
Installation Location: Most installations will require you to remove the factory radio in order to plug in the vehicle specific harness. Some vehicles may require you to connect the interface to a factory pre-run CD changer cable. The location of these CD changer cables will vary by vehicle. Some common locations of these cables are in the trunk, behind the glove box, and in or under a center console.
Cradle: The supplied cradle has adjustable, padded grip arms that hold the iPod in place. A self-adhesive, flexible bracket allows you to mount the cradle to any flat or slightly curved surface on your vehicle's dash or center console. You can also mount the cradle to a vent, using the supplied vent mounting bracket.
- Interface: W=3.243", H=1.228", D=3.262" (5.586" with cables)
- Cradle: W=2.731" to 4.895" (takes into account the adjustable grip arms that hold the iPod in place), H=4.345", D=1.488"
The Peripheral iPod® adapter replaces these items
- Connect Peripheral's iPod2Car adapter to your GM factory stereo