About the Stinger RB10JW18B Jeep Package
Trick out your Jeep with a HEIGH10 receiver
Trick out your Jeep with a HEIGH10 receiver
Jeeps aren't exactly known for their audio-friendly design, but sometimes you just need to upgrade your cockpit with a big honkin' touchscreen that makes everything look and sound totally boss. The RB10JW18B package from Stinger includes a HEIGH10 digital multimedia receiver with a 10" capacitive touchscreen display, plus a mounting kit that retains the factory look of most 2018-20 Wrangler JL and 2020 Gladiator JT models without cutting or modifications to the dash, along with retention of your front and rear factory cameras. What's more is this package features RadioPRO Advanced app, which actually upgrades your Jeep's ability to convey key information to you, so you can get even more out of your on- and off-road adventures.
Stinger's got you covered
Stinger's package not only lets you get more out of your Jeep, it's almost plug-and-play, so you can get all the joy without much cutting or splicing of wires. This kit features a handsome mounting panel, plus all the wiring and modules you'll need to make a seamless upgrade with the 10" HEIGH10 screen. You'll keep nearly all of the factory features you love, while adding advanced camera triggers, steering wheel controls, and factory amplifier control (if your Jeep is already amplified).
Gorgeous 10" floating display
The HEIGH10 modular receiver from Stinger takes advantage of the limited dash real estate your Jeep has to offer by bringing the screen out of the dash, so you have a great view that's as unrestrained as your Jeep-loving spirit. You can use the capacitive touchscreen to control your audio sources and climate settings, enjoy video (while parked), and utilize road-friendly phone apps. The bezel offers a handful of buttons and a multifunction volume knob for quick access to main controls, and you'll employ some of your Jeep's factory buttons, too. The touchscreen display offers customizable tabs for pulling up your most-used functions and audio sources, and you can add your own images for custom backgrounds.
Informative Jeep-specific screens
This kit lets you tap directly into your Jeep's diagnostic port. Stinger's RadioPRO Advanced app gives you unique and customizable views of your Jeep on the 10" display, including:
- Vehicle Drivetrain: transfer case, axle and sway bar status, current position (latitude/longitude), altitude, steering angle
- Vehicle Information: tire pressure with custom pressure threshold, current vehicle status (including door open/closed/removed), view and clear check engine status
- Vehicle Gauges: battery voltage, oil temperature, oil pressure, transmission temperature, coolant temperature, and more
- Vehicle Off-Road: pitch, roll, GPS coordinates, compass
- Vehicle Performance: speed, RPM, current/best 0-60 mph time and brake distance, current/best quarter-mile time
Stinger equipped the HEIGH10 with a vibrant 25-watt RMS per channel amplifier, so it'll breathe new life into your Jeep's speakers. And if you're eager to add an amp and/or subs, you have 4-volt preamp outputs for the front, rear, and sub, plus independent sub controls. High- and-low pass crossovers, time correction, and a 15-band graphic EQ round out this receiver's audio tweaks.
Plenty of connections, including HDMI
No need to fret over your Jeep's factory connections — this kit offers two USB ports, turning the console plug into your base for Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. The rear USB port can play music and video files from your thumb drive or charge your devices while you drive. An A/V input lets you add a DVD or CD player if you're still into discs. You also get an A/V output for connecting additional monitors. And a rear digital optical output offers convenient hookup to a number of optional advanced digital signal processors so you can really dial in your music.
The HEIGH10 also features an HDMI input, allowing you to connect most compatible Android smartphones and devices. With the correct HDMI cable connected, you'll be able to view video content from your phone or a portable Blu-ray Disc™ player on the HEIGH10 screen while parked.
The best smartphone options
iPhone® or Android™, the Stinger HEIGH10 shows you the best of your phone:
- Android Auto: If you connect an Android device, Android Auto integrates the Android platform into your driving experience in a non-distracting way. You'll have voice control access to Google Maps, weather, music, your phone, text messages, plus easy access to many of your favorite apps. Get more info at https://www.android.com/auto.
- Apple CarPlay: CarPlay integrates your iPhone® into the driving experience, putting iPhone content at the driver's voice command with minimal distraction. That means easy access to your music library, your phone, messages, navigation, and many third-party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
Ready for satellite radio
The HEIGH10 lets you add SiriusXM satellite radio programming to the receiver with an optional tuner and a subscription, so you can enjoy your favorite programming from coast to coast. And SiriusXM Replay lets you pause, rewind and replay up to an hour of radio programming in case you need to make a quick pit stop and don't want to miss anything important.
Built-in Bluetooth allows you to use the HEIGH10 receiver for hands-free calling and music streaming through your smartphone. Stinger includes an external microphone for a crystal-clear conversations.
The RB10JW18B comes with a GPS antenna, so it's ready for a navigation upgrade for those times when your phone's mapping apps just won't cut it. You can add an optional microSD™ card with map data for the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands, including over one million helpful points of interest.
Add multiple views
Stinger includes a module to incorporate your factory backup cam but also gives you inputs to use up to three more aftermarket cameras (not included) for left, right, and front mounting. Perfect for treacherous off-roading! High-definition camera images will continue to look pretty swell on the HEIGH10's screen, no matter where they're mounted.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital media receiver (does not play discs)
- 10" capacitive touchscreen
- custom-fit receiver designed for 2018-up Jeep Wrangler JL and 2020-up Jeep Gladiator models
- includes all wiring harnesses and modules
- retains nearly all factory features, including steering wheel controls
- RadioPRO Advanced app displays vehicle and engine performance data on touchscreen
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
Jeep Features Retained:
- steering wheel audio controls
- climate controls (dual or single zone)
- backup and front cameras
- amplifier and fader
- USB ports
- parking sensors, blind spot, forward collision, lane sense, and others
- heated seats and steering wheel
- auxiliary switch panel and on-screen vehicle settings menu
- works with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- built-in Android and iPhone control (see Details for info on compatibility with specific smartphones and apps)
- wireless streaming audio with aptX
- FLAC, WAV, MP3, WMA, AAC music playback via USB
- 15-band graphic equalizer
- time correction
- high- and low-pass crossovers
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- ready for iGO navigation system:
- maps of the United States (all states), Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands
- separate mapping microSD card purchase required
- inputs: HDMI input, two USB inputs, rear A/V input (RCA), backup camera input, and adapters for up to three more cameras
- outputs: two video outs; shared audio output; optical digital output; 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings, video display, and other features on this receiver
- built-in amplifier (25 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RB10JW18B
What's in the box:
- Stinger HEIGH10 (UN1810):
- 10" Touchscreen monitor
- Source unit (15A fuse)
- 19" Video display harness
- 19" Power display harness
- Wiring harness
- Mic harness
- Multi-camera harness
- SWC harness
- SiriusXM harness
- GPS antenna (attached 16.5' cable terminated by FAKRA connector)
- Microphone (attached 9.75' cable terminated by a male mono-minijack connector)
- Self-adhesive bracket
- Self-adhesive magnetic pad
- Display bracket
- Angle bracket
- Metal L-bracket
- 2 Backstraps
- Four M4x6mm screws
- Four M4x10mm screws
- Four M4x12mm screws
- Two M4x14mm screws
- Two M4x12mm screws
- Six M6x10mm screws
- Six #10x3/8" screws
- Cleaning cloth
- Installation Guide
- Warranty Registration Card
- User Guide Download Card
- PAC SRK-JW18EH:
- Display mounting panel
- Radio module mounting bracket
- Radio replacement interface module (CH4A-JW18)
- PAC-LINK interface module (PL1)
- HD camera retention module (RPA-HD1)
- Chime speaker
- 8" USB hub retention adapter
- 7' USB port retention adapter
- AM/FM antenna adapter
- Satellite antenna adapter
- Main wiring harness
- 18" Data harness
- 6" Data harness
- CAN-Bus connection harness
- 12" HDMI cable
- 2 Side-brackets
- 2 Machine screws
- 2 Wing-nuts
- 4 Counter-sunk ISO-screws
- 4 Pan-head ISO-screws
- 6 Panel clips
- Two-side tape
- 2 Self-adhesive pads
- 13 Wire-ties
- Installer Setup Guide
- User Guide Download Card
Stinger RB10JW18B Jeep Package reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Stinger RB10JW18B Jeep Package
Vehicle Specific Kit & Radio Replacement Interface
Floating Touchscreen Design
Android & iPhone Integration
AM/FM Radio + SiriusXM-Ready
Amplifier & Audio Section
Optional Navigation & Camera Inputs
Vehicle Specific Kit & Radio Replacement Interface
Vehicle Compatibility: The included PAC SRK-JW18EH Integration & Installation Kit enables you to replace the factory radio in your 2018-up Jeep Wrangler JL or 2020-up Jeep Gladiator JT with the Stinger HEIGH10 digital multimedia receiver, while retaining many of your Jeep's important factory features and adding upgraded features and convenience of the Stinger digital multimedia receiver. All mounting hardware, interface modules, and cables are included. No modification to the Jeep's dash or sub-dash is required
Note: The included radio/vehicle integration harness replaces the wiring harness that comes in the box of the Stinger HEIGH10 digital multimedia receiver.
Factory Look Dash Kit: The PAC SRK-JW18EH Integration & Installation Kit mounts the Stinger HEIGH10 digital multimedia receiver in the dash of your 2018-up Jeep Wrangler JL or 2020-up Jeep Gladiator JT for a factory look and finish.
Retained Factory Features: The PAC SRK-JW18EH Integration & Installation Kit is able to retain the following factory equipped features of your 2018-up Jeep Wrangler JL or 2020-up Jeep Gladiator JT.
- Backup and front cameras in full high-definition with reverse and +12V triggers
- Dual zone factory climate control from factory controls or radio's touchscreen
- Factory amplifier with balance and fade; power and volume can be controlled from factory controls or Stinger radio
- Factory USB ports; the factory USB port inside the center console of your Jeep will function for Apple Carplay and Android Auto; all other USB ports can be used for USB thumbdrives and charging only
- Safety alerts; including parking sensors, blind spot, forward collision, lane sense, and others
- Steering wheel controls, heated seats, and heated steering wheel
- Auxiliary switch panel & on-screen vehicle settings menu
Note: Your Jeep must be equipped with the above factory features in order for the PAC SRK-JW18EH to retain them.
User Customization Screens: The PAC SRK-JW18EH Integration & Installation Kit allows you view your Jeep's off-road data on the screen of the Stinger digital multimedia receiver. Visual off-road data includes -
- Performance gauges for battery voltage, oil temperature & pressure, transmission temperature, coolant temperature, fuel pressure, intake air temperature, ignition timing, engine run time, and more
- Transfer case position & front tire angle
- Current position (latitude/longitude) & Altitude above sea level
- Tire pressure with custom pressure threshold
- Current vehicle status ( including door open/closed/removed)
- View and clear check engine status
Important Notes: The PAC SRK-JW18EH Integration & Installation Kit does not retain the following factory features.
- Cluster Display Features (including Compass, Clock, Phone pop-ups, and Navigation pop-ups)
- Factory amplifier's speed controlled volume
- Uconnect features such as access to Remote Start/Lock/Unlock, SOS/Assist, Vehicle Location Service, and WiFi-Hotspot
- SiriusXM Guardian Services and SiriusXM Radio
Two-Piece Configuration: The Stinger HEIGH10 (UN1810) digital multimedia receiver features a two-piece floating display configuration with an external 10" capacitive touchscreen monitor and a separate source unit. The floating 10" touchscreen monitor and source unit mount in the vehicle's dash using the included PAC SRK-JW18EH Integration & Installation Kit.
10" Capacitive Touchscreen: The 10" floating capacitive touchscreen monitor delivers a high-quality image with highly responsive touchscreen operation. It has a resolution of 1024 x 600 (1,843,200.0 total pixels) with a high contrast ratio, crystal clear display, and vivid text. Capacitive touchscreen operations include touch, swipe, and drag.
- Backgrounds (Wallpaper): You can choose from 9 preset background images (wallpaper) or upload 3 of your own images from a USB thumbdrive. Uploaded images must be in JPEG or PNG file format with a resolution of 1024 x 600.
- Dimmer & Brightness Settings: You can manually adjust the LCD touchscreen monitor's brightness for day and nighttime viewing. You can also setup the unit to have the display dim when you turn your vehicle's lights on (the orange wire of the wiring harness must be connected to your vehicle's headlight circuit).
- Date/Time Display: The receiver offers date (Month/Date/Year) and time (12 or 24 hour) display
Parking Brake Wire: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in touchscreen monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the light green wire (within harness) must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged. The parking brake wire must also be connected and the parking brake engaged for certain setup functions and menu options. While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the head unit's menu screens/settings, source information, metadata, and album artwork; as well as use CarPlay and Android Auto.
Rotary Knob & Push-Button Controls: In addition to its 10" capacitive touchscreen, there are 4 push-buttons and a 3-way rotary knob along the bottom edge of the touchscreen that operate Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, Voice Recognition (for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay), Home Menu, and Previous/Next Track. The unit offers variable color button illumination; choose from Amber, Red, Aqua, Green, Blue, or White
Android Auto: The Stinger HEIGH10 (UN1810) receiver supports the Android Auto app for Android smartphones running OS Lollipop (5.0 or newer). Your compatible Android smartphone must be connected to the receiver's top rear-panel USB port (USB-1) via the the USB cable that came with your smartphone (a USB extension cable may be required and sold separately), plus be paired via Bluetooth (your vehicle's parking brake needs to be engaged to initially setup Android Auto). Android Auto extends the Android platform into your car in a way that's purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into a simple on-screen user interface. It's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead. Features of Android Auto include -
- Google Assistant: The receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google Assistant using the head unit's external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the "mic" button or say "OK Google" to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, or listen to music.
- Google & Waze Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit's touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You can even listen to music from your Android Auto device or other connected source device while using Google Maps. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone's music library through the receiver via Google Play Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You also get access to online music and radio stations from Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Slacker Radio, & Tune-In. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo. Click here for a list of all compatible app for Android Auto.
- Make sure you plug in your Android smartphone to the HEIGH10 (UN1810)'s top rear-panel USB port (USB-1) with a USB-IF certified cable (not compatible with the bottom rear-panel USB-2 port). Use a USB cable that is under 6' long and avoid using any extension cable.
- The initial setup for Android Auto requires that your vehicle be stopped and the parking brake is engaged. You will need to connect the parking brake wire of the receiver's harness to your vehicle's parking brake circuit for the head unit to recognize that the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone. You cannot have an Android Auto smartphone and Apple CarPlay iPhone plugged in at the same time.
- Click here to learn more About Android Auto and to see what phones are compatible.
Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay is a smarter, safer way to use your USB-connected iPhone 5 or newer (running iOS 7.1+) with Lightning-connector in the car, while you stay focused on the road. Simply plug your compatible iPhone into the receiver's top rear-panel USB port (USB-1). Apple CarPlay takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and integrates them into the Stinger HEIGH10 (UN1810). Apple CarPlay offers an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, view maps, listen to music, and access messages from your compatible iPhone through the HEIGH10 (UN1810) in-dash receiver. With Apple CarPlay, you can control these functions from the HEIGH10 (UN1810) receiver's 10" touchscreen or activate Siri for minimized distraction.
- Maps: Through Apple CarPlay, the power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via Google Maps or Waze instead of CarPlay. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have their own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone: With Apple CarPlay, you can use the HEIGH10 (UN1810)'s interactive touchscreen or ask Siri to make calls, return calls, and check voicemail. To dial a phone number, simply tap the "Phone" icon and Siri will ask you who you want to call. Using the touchscreen you can manually enter a phone number from the on-screen keypad, scroll through contacts, or select from recent and miss calls. In addition, you get access to your voicemails via touchscreen and Siri. When a call comes in, simply tap the "Phone" icon to answer. You'll carry on your side of the conversation through the included external microphone, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's speakers. You can emphasize or weaken the volume level of the microphone. You can also select which car speaker outputs the caller audio; you can select All, Front-Left, Front-Right, or Front-Left/Right.
- Text Messages: Apple CarPlay also lets you enjoy a better and safer way of text messaging with friends and family when you're on the road, through the receiver and Siri. Through your voice commands, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages so that you never have to glance at your phone while behind the wheel. When a new message comes in a banner will come across the screen and Siri will read back the message for you. Text messages cannot be read or typed from the head unit's touchscreen to prevent driver distraction.
- Music Library: CarPlay lets you access your music in your iPhone's music library, plus iTunes radio from the HEIGH10 (UN1810). You can browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Song, etc.. just like you would on your iPhone from the HEIGH10 (UN1810)'s touchscreen. You can also use Siri to find and play back your music. The HEIGH10 (UN1810)'s touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background. Tap the Now Playing icon on the receiver's capacitive touchscreen and see song, artist, album information with Album Art displaying in the background. From the Now Playing screen you also get basic playback function, like Play/Pause, Previous Next/Track, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Repeat/Shuffle.
- Audio Apps & Podcasts: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, podcasts, sports, news, and audiobooks - including Pandora, Tidal, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn Radio, Slacker Radio, Vox, Stitcher, MLB.com At Bat, CBS Radio News, NPR One, OverCast, Audiobooks.com & Audible (subscriptions and fees may app). Control them from the head unit's touchscreen or Siri just like you would from your iPhone. Your iPhone's touchscreen remains unlocked during CarPlay connection, so you are able to access additional music apps and listen to them through the receiver; however these apps offer no control or display information from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Apple HomeKit Compatible: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- Apple CarPlay is compatible with iPhone 5 or newer running iOS 7.1 or newer.
- Make sure your plug in your iPhone 5 or newer to the HEIGH10 (UN1810)'s top rear-panel USB port (USB-1) with an Apple certified Lightning-to-USB cable (not compatible with the bottom rear-panel USB-2 port). Use a USB cable that is under 6' long and avoid using any extension cable.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
- You cannot have an Android Auto smartphone and Apple CarPlay iPhone plugged in at the same time.
Smartphone Music Playback: If you don't desire Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, you can simply connect your Apple iPod/iPhone device with Lightning Connector or Android MTP compatible device via USB for music playback and control through the Stinger HEIGH10 (UN1810). Make sure to plug your compatible Apple iPod/iPhone or Android MTP device to the unit's top rear-panel USB port (USB-1).
- Android MTP Compatible: The receiver supports MTP for playback & control of stored music files on your Android (OS 4.0+) device through the receiver's rear-panel USB port. In this mode, you get basic playback control (like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track), plus song/artist information on the receiver's LCD screen. During MTP connection, you cannot use your Android smartphone's touchscreen to control music playback and you cannot select music apps from your smartphone for playback. However, you can continue to listen to stored music on your Android smartphone through the head unit while you check your Calendar, Facebook, Texts, etc on your phone. You smartphone's battery will also be charged while connected via USB (5V/1.5A).
- iPod/iPhone Compatible: The unit's rear-panel USB port can also be used to connect your Apple device with Lightning connector to the head unit. You'll need a Lightning-to-USB cable to connect your Apple device with Lightning connector to the head unit. The USB connection allows for audio playback (stored music and music apps), music browsing (artist/album/song.), song/artist/album display (including album art), and charging of your compatible iPhone or iPod.
- Only the top rear-panel USB port (USB-1) is compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone and Android MTP devices. The bottom rear-panel USB port (USB-2) does not support Apple iPod/iPhone or Android MTP.
- You cannot have an Apple iPod/iPhone and a Android MTP device plugged in at the same time.
- Older Apple iPod/iPhone devices with a 30-pin connector and Android AOA 2.0 devices are not supported.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Stinger HEIGH10 (UN1810) supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 4/27/2022):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||CarPlay||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio|
- The Stinger HEIGH10 (UN1810) does not support older 30-pin Apple iPod/iPhone devices.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
GPS Antenna: The included GPS antenna is required for CarPlay, Android Auto, and optional iGO navigation.
Cellular & Data Plan Requirements: Access to CarPlay and Android Auto apps will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Your compatible Apple or Android device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
Smartphone Charging: The Stinger HEIGH10 (UN1810) will also charge (5V/1.5A) your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS smartphone device while connected via USB with the vehicle's ignition switch set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position.
Bluetooth 4.2: The Stinger HEIGH10 (UN1810) is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 4.2 allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.4 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the receiver.
Secure Simple Pairing: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the HEIGH10 (UN1810) without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When an already paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units.
Simple Secure Pairing: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the HEIGH10 (UN1810) without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. You can pair multiple Bluetooth devices with the head unit, but only can be used at a time. When an already paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units.
Hands-Free Communication: The Stinger HEIGH10 (UN1810) allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled smartphone. The receiver will display the caller's phone number and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer or end a call through the head unit's front-panel controls. The HEIGH10 (UN1810) allows you to carry on the phone conversation using the built-in front-panel mic or the included external microphone and your car audio speakers. Your music will mute automatically during a call. You can make a call using the receiver's LCD touchscreen via its on-screen keypad, your phone's transferred phonebook, or a list of your most recent calls.
Note: You can adjust the unit's Bluetooth volume level and microphone gain.
Wireless Audio Streaming w/ aptX: The Stinger HEIGH10 (UN1810) allows wireless play back of stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or other device using a Bluetooth connection. In addition to supporting Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, the head unit offers support for aptX. With aptX you get "CD-quality" type sound (16-bit/44.1kHz) from a Bluetooth-enabled source device that also supports aptX (like many Android smarpthones). You can control basic music playback functions, like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track from the head unit (advanced music browsing will still be done from your Bluetooth source device). The unit will also display song/artist information (no Album art).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Dual USB Ports: The Stinger HEIGH10 (UN1810) is equipped with two rear-panel USB (type-A) ports that allow you to connect a USB MSC (mass storage class) devices, such as a USB thumbdrive formatted in FAT 32 or NTFS. The unit supports playback of a variety of audio, video, and photo files on a compatible USB MSC device. You'll be to control basic playback & search functions from the digital multimedia receiver, as well as view song/artist/album information (including Album Art). The USB ports (5V/1.5A) can also be used to charge your USB-enabled device.
- Audio Files: MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV, and OGG (up to 48kHz)
- Video Files: AVI, MPEG 1/2/4, MOV, FLV, and VOB (up to 1080p)
- Photo Files: JPEG, GIF, PNG, and BMP (up to 1024 x 600)
Notes: Both USB ports support USB MSC playback. However, only one USB MSC device can connected at one time. If you have USB devices plugged into both USB ports, the unit will not recognize the second USB device.
HDMI Input: The digital multimedia receiver is outfitted with a rear-panel HDMI input for the connection of an external audio/video source device with an HDMI output, such as a Blu-ray player or game console. The HDMI input can also be used to mirror the display of a compatible Apple iPhone or Android smartphone using the appropriate adapters (sold separately). The HDMI input provides video and audio playback, but not control. Playback functions will still need to be controlled from your HDMI-connected device (not the in-dash head unit). The HDMI input will support up to 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p video; as well as 2ch PCM audio.
Note: For safety reasons, video images from the HDMI input cannot be displayed on the receiver's touchscreen monitor without the vehicle's parking brake engaged.
AV Input: The Stinger HEIGH10 (UN1810) has rear-panel AV input that consists of a composite video input and stereo RCA inputs. You can use the AV input to connect an external audio/video device, such as a DVD player or TV tuner (sold separately.)
Note: For safety reasons, video images from the AV input cannot be displayed on the receiver's touchscreen monitor without the vehicle's parking brake engaged.
AV Output: The Stinger HEIGH10 (UN1810) offers an AV output that consists of two composite video output jacks and a shared stereo RCA output for connection of an external rear entertainment system, such as a rear headrest or overhead monitor (sold separately). The AV output can transmit audio/video content from the unit's AV-input or a connected USB MSC device, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not. Both video outputs will display the same video signal.
Note: CarPlay, Android Auto, & HDMI are not supported by the AV output.
Optical Digital Output: There is a rear optical (toslink) digital output on the back of the Stinger HEIGH10 (UN1810) that allows you to output a digital audio signal to an external digital audio processor (sold separately). The optical digital output supports up to 48kHz audio.
AM/FM Radio + SiriusXM-Ready
AM/FM Tuner: The Stinger HEIGH10 (UN1810) is equipped with a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You store up to 18 FM and 12 AM stations as presets. Presets can be manually chosen or you can have the unit automatically select presets for each band.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Stinger HEIGH10 (UN1810) is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 150+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include -
- Display Information: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Channels & Categories: The head unit displays a list of available SiriusXM channels and channel categories to choose from.
- Replay & Direct Tuning: Replay allows you to pause, rewind and replay up to 1 hour of live SiriusXM Satellite Radio. Using the on-screen keypad you can even directly enter a channel number.
- Presets & Parental Controls: You can store up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets. In addition, channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
25W x 4Ch Amp: The Stinger HEIGH10 (UN1810) receiver is equipped with a 25 watt (RMS) x 4 channel amplifier.
6Ch/4V Pre-outs: The HEIGH10 (UN1810) features front, rear and subwoofer 4.0-volt pre-outs. The front and rear speaker pre-outs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer pre-outs output are non-fading.
Sub Controls: The sub pre-out offers independent subwoofer controls - including a Low-Pass Crossover (see below), Phase (0 or 180 degrees) and Level (0-15).
High-Pass & Low-Pass Crossovers: The unit offers a high-pass crossover for the front and rear speaker outputs or pre-outs, as well as a low-pass crossover for the sub pre-out. You can indicate the Frequency (25/40/63/80/100/160/250Hz), Slope (-6/-12/-18dB), and Level (-12 to 0) independently for the front and rear high-pass crossovers, as well as the subwoofer low-pass crossover. You can save up to six crossover presets.
Time Correction: Time Correction compensates for the uneven distances between the speakers and your (the listeners) ears. Time Correction delays signals from the closest speaker(s), so that all the sound arrives at the listening position at the same time, giving the listener a more accurate, life like stereo image. To set Time Correction, select a listening position (for example - driver seat); then measure from each speaker to the listening position and input the speaker distance values. You can store up to six Time Correction presets.
Equalizer: The digital multimedia receiver features a 15 band graphic equalizer and offers 6 EQ presets. You can choose from Rock, Hip-Hop, Electronic, Jazz, Pop, or User. The User preset lets you manually adjust the 15 band graphic equalizer.
Loudness: The Loudness function boosts low and high frequencies when listening at low volume levels.
Source Gain: Adjusting the Source Gain will allow gain/volume adjustments for individual sources. You can independently adjust the source level of the Radio, Android Auto, CarPlay, Bluetooth, AV-IN, and USB for smoother volume level transition between sources.
Start Volume: You can set the turn-on and default volume of the head unit's Main Source, Bluetooth Phone (Talk/Ring), Navigation Voice Prompts, and Voice Control Assistants from 0 to 40.
Beep Confirmation: The in-dash digital multimedia receiver provides an audible beep to confirm button operation (this can be turned On or Off).
Optional iGO Navigation: Stinger's SE-P14 l navigation microSD card (sold separately) contains iGO navigation software that allows you to add navigation maps to the HEIGH10 (UN1810) in-dash digital multimedia receiver. You'll get on-screen navigation maps with audible and visual guidance - including TTS (text-to-speech), Lane Information & Signposts, Speed & Safety Alerts, plus millions of POIs (points-of interests).
- Navigation Software & Maps: The iGO navigation software provides turn-by-turn visual and voice assistance to your selected destination. The software quickly calculates step-by-step directions to any destination available on the included on-screen navigation map. The map database was created using high-resolution aerial and land based data collection. Map coverage includes the United States (all 50 states), Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands with over 1,000,000 points-of-interests from TomTom;.
- Map Updates: iGO offers periodic updates (purchase fees will apply) for data such as roads, new addresses, and other navigational information that will keep the navigation system up to date and provide the best possible experience. For updates and add-on options, please visit www.naviextras.com (requires Windows XP or newer; not compatible with Mac). A free program called "Toolbox" can be downloaded from this website so you can create a copy of your map as a backup, as well as assist in easily checking for updates and optional features that are available.
Note: While the map database was judged to be as accurate as possible at the time of its release (2019), a map database can never be 100% accurate. Road information that is maintained in the map databases, such as turn restrictions or road names may change over time.
4 Camera Inputs: The Stinger HEIGH10 (UN1810) is outfitted with 4 camera inputs, each consisting of a composite video jack. There is a dedicated backup camera input with a reverse trigger wire and audio input, plus 3 other camera inputs with trigger wires. These camera inputs allow you to add-on an optional rearview camera, frontview camera, and two sideview cameras. The camera images will display on the touchscreen monitor of the Stinger HEIGH10 (UN1810).
- Backup Camera Input: The video from the backup camera input will automatically display on the unit's touchscreen monitor when your vehicle is shifted into Reverse gear (the purple/white wire of the wiring harness must be connected to your vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.0 second. The backup camera input also has an audio input for connecting a backup camera with microphone.
- Other Camera Inputs: In addition to the dedicated backup camera input, there are 3 other composite video camera inputs that can be used to connect front and side view cameras. You can even label the cameras Outside, Aux, Inside, Bed, or Trailer. Each camera has its own +12V trigger wire.
- The optional PAC VS41 4 Camera Switcher (sold separately) can be added, allowing each camera to be triggered automatically based on the vehicle's status.
- The camera feature is meant as a driving aid only; never solely rely on the cameras while driving. In addition to using the cameras, always look around you to make sure everything is clear when making in vehicle maneuvers
8 questions already asked