About the PAC RP4-AD11 Wiring Interface
PAC's RP4-AD11 wiring interface lets you replace the factory radio in select 2004-13 Audi vehicles with or without factory amplified systems. You'll retain your factory steering wheel audio controls and the use of your factory amplifier and subwoofer (if present). The interface also supplies the databus-driven output you'll need to keep your retained accessory power (RAP), as well as the outputs you'll need to install a navigation receiver.
Important Note: When you install a new car stereo, you'll lose the ability to fade from front to rear if you have the Bose or Symphony audio system.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this model is compatible with your vehicle.
- install an aftermarket receiver in select 2004-15 Audi vehicles
- works with amplified and non-amplified systems
- retains your steering wheel audio controls and factory amplifier and sub (does not retain fader)
- supports RAP (Retained Accessory Power); provides a 12-volt switched accessory output
- supplies VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor), illumination, reverse trigger, and parking brake outputs for navigation receivers
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RP4-AD11
What's in the box:
- Radio replacement module (for Audi)
- Wiring harness (RP4-AUDI11-HAR-A)
- Wiring harness (RP-AUDI11-HAR-B)
- SWC harness
PAC RP4-AD11 Wiring Interface reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PAC RP4-AD11 Wiring Interface
Radio Replacement Interface (for Audi): The PAC RP4-AD11 interface allows the replacement of a factory radio in select Audi vehicles. Using this interface will retain factory features such as the factory amplifier and steering wheel controls, as well as RAP (Retained Accessory Power) and warning chimes. The RP4-AD11 also provides data controlled outputs, such as a 12V accessory output and navigation outputs.
Vehicle Compatibility: The RadioPRO 4 RP4-AD11 is compatible with the following 2004-2015 Audi vehicles.
Factory Amplifier & Sub: The PAC RadioPRO RP4-AD11 will retain your Audi's factory amplifier (Bose or Symphony) & factory subwoofer. However, this interface will not support fading of the factory amplified audio system. The interface features RCA connectors that plug into your aftermarket radio's front & rear channel pre-outs. The RP4-AD11 will also work in vehicles without a factory amplified audio system.
Note: The RP4-AD11 comes with two harnesses - one for factory amplified audio systems and one for factory non-amplified audio systems (you will only use one of these harnesses).
Programmable SWC: The interface comes pre-programmed for all of the vehicle's factory SWC functions and does not require programming, unless you wish to re-assign the SWC functions to different buttons or create secondary functions. Use of this interface also allows you to program two radio functions to each SWC button by using short press/long press dual command functionality. The SWC functions can be easily programmed; see default SWC button assignments and programming options in the included Instructions.
- The blue/yellow wire of the SWC harness can be used with Kenwood and newer JVC aftermarket head units that features a blue/yellow SWC wire.
- The 3.5mm jack of the SWC harness can be used with Alpine, older JVC, Clarion, Jensen, Pioneer, Sony, & Dual/Axerra aftermarket head units with a 3.5mm SWC input.
Note: The radio select rotary switch on the side of the interface must be adjusted to the proper radio setting before plugging the interface into the vehicle. See Instructions for the appropriate settings.
Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.) & Warning Chimes: The ignition power source of many Audi vehicles keeps the radio on until one of the doors is opened. This feature is called the R.A.P. (retained accessory power). The RP4-AD11 will retain this feature, as well as factory warning chimes.
Data Controlled Outputs: The RP4-AD11 provides data controlled outputs, such as a 12V accessory output and navigation outputs, to make installation of an aftermarket head unit simpler and less time consuming.
- +12V Accessory Output: In many Audi vehicles, there is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, which requires the installer to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio. PAC's RP4-AD11 is designed to provide a data controlled +12V switched accessory output (red wire).
- Navigation Outputs: The PAC radio replacement interface provides data controlled outputs for navigation radio installation; including a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, and Reverse Gear output. This makes installing an aftermarket navigation head unit simpler and less time consuming.
Programmable +12V Output: The Red/White wire on the interface can be programmed via the RadioPRO app to provide a pulsed or latched 12v output which can then be assigned to any of the vehicle's factory SWC buttons. When assigned, the factory SWC button will activate the pulsed or latched output to control external accessories
RadioPRO App: PAC offers a Windows compatible RadioPRO App software program to help you configure the interface. Use of the RadioPRO App allows you to do the following.
- Aftermarket radio Parking Brake Sequencing
- Adjust warning chime volume level
- Update Product Firmware
- Read Firmware/Hardware Versions
- Access Product User Manuals
Note: The interface must be connected to the vehicle and your Windows laptop when using the RadioPRO App.
The PAC RP4-AD11 Wiring Interface replaces these items
- lets you replace the factory radio in select 2004-up Audi vehicles
- retains use of factory-installed Bose or Symphony audio system
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked