About the PAC RP4-FD11 Wiring Interface
PAC's RP4-FD11 radio replacement interface lets you replace the factory radio in select 2005-up Ford, Lincoln, Mazda, and Mercury vehicles. You'll still retain your factory steering wheel audio controls, rear seat entertainment (RSE) system, retained accessory power (RAP), and the use of your Ford factory amplifier, if present.
The RP4-FD11 interface eliminates the need for the steering wheel audio control adapter that's usually required for a Ford-built vehicle, saving you some more cash. Warranty: 1 year.
Important Note: You'll lose your fader control if you have an amplified system in your vehicle. The RP4-FD11 adapter does not work with your SYNC system; you'll need PAC's MS-FRD1 adapter to maintain that functionality. See Details for a list of compatible car stereos.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this model is compatible with your vehicle.
What's in the box:
PAC RP4-FD11 Wiring Interface owner's manual
- Radio replacement/SWC interface module (for Ford/Lincoln/Mercury)
- RP4-FD11 wiring harness
- 12" Steering wheel control harness (4-pin connector to 3.5mm/blue wire)
PAC RP4-FD11 Wiring Interface reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the PAC RP4-FD11 Wiring Interface
Radio Replacement Interface: The RadioPro4 (RP4-FD11) is a radio replacement and SWC (steering wheel control) interface that comes pre-loaded with amplifier retention and SWC software, navigation based output signals, plus firmware that retains many of the vehicle's original safety and convenience features when replacing the factory radio with an aftermarket head unit.
Vehicle Compatibility: The RP4-FD11 interface allows the replacement of a factory radio in select Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles with the CAN-bus system. The RadioPro4 (RP4-FD11) is compatible with select 2005-up Ford, Lincoln, Mercury vehicles with MSCAN databus radios.
|Explorer Sport Trac||2007-2010|
- Not compatible with 2008 F-250/350/450 with XL trim (fleet vehicles).
- Only compatible in base model 2013-2014 F150 trucks equipped with the center stack radio.
Retained Features: Using this interface will retain factory features such as steering wheel controls (SWC), Aux input, rear seat entertainment (RSE), rear seat control (RSC) and, the factory audio amplifier whenever the original radio is removed. The RP4-FD11 also provides data bus driven outputs such as retained accessory power (RAP), vehicle speed sensor (VSS), illumination, reverse trigger, and parking brake.
- If the vehicle is equipped with the Sony factory stereo system, adjust the fader to your preferred front/rear setting before the factory radio is removed. Neither the aftermarket radio nor the RP4-FD11 interface has the ability to adjust the factory amplifier's fader.
- The RadioPro4 (RP4-FD11) does not retain your vehicle's factory SYNC system.
Steering Wheel Control: The interface comes pre-programmed for all of your compatible vehicle's factory SWC functions and does not require programming, unless you wish to re-assign the SWC functions to different buttons. The SWC functions can be easily programmed (see instructions). The interface will retain programming even if your vehicle's battery is disconnected. The SWC harness contains a Blue/Yellow wire and a 3.5mm connector (you will only use one of the connectors, based on your type of aftermarket radio)
- The Blue/Yellow wire supports Kenwood, Newer JVC, OEM and Blaupunkt radios.
- The 3.5mm jack supports Alpine, Jensen, Older JVC, Clarion, Pioneer, Sony, Valor, and Dual radios.
- Not compatible with Soundstream head units.
RadioPRO App: PAC offers a Windows compatible RadioPRO App software program to help you configure the interface.
34 questions already asked
I had Crutchfield do the connection on the radio to truck harness with the steering wheel control module. Saved so much time, it's worry every penny! And it looks so neat. I did my Jeep before by myself and it took a long time.
Joe from Osceola, IN