About the PAC RP4-GM41 Wiring Interface
Installing a new car stereo can often mean losing your vehicle's steering wheel audio controls and other factory features. PAC's RP4-GM41 wiring interface solves this problem, allowing you to install a new receiver in your 2013-2016 Chevrolet vehicle while retaining your steering wheel controls, warning chimes, and factory Bose amplifier. The interface also supplies the connections you need to install a multimedia or navigation receiver. You can also assign two radio functions to each SWC button by using short press/long press functionality. Warranty: 1 year.
Important Note: This wiring interface reatins steering wheel controls with compatible car stereos made by Alpine, Blaupunkt, Clarion, Dual, Jensen, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, and Valor.
PAC RP4-GM41 Wiring Interface reviews
Comes ready to go a couple plugs and done easy to do with detailed instructions
Pros: No programing
1 of 1 found this helpful
Top shelf!!! Quality goods at a great price. Everything lines up as expected!!!
0 of 1 found this helpful
More details on the PAC RP4-GM41 Wiring Interface
Radio Replacement Interface: The PAC RP4-GM41 interface allows an aftermarket head unit replacement of the factory navigation or non-navigation radio in select General Motors vehicles with 29-bit v2 GM-LAN databus system. Using this interface will retain factory features such as steering wheel controls (SWC), Warning Chimes, and Bose amplifier when the original radio is removed. The RP4-GM41 also provides data bus driven outputs such as retained accessory power (RAP), vehicle speed sensor (VSS), illumination, reverse trigger, and parking brake.
Retained Features: The PAC RP4-GM41 will retain the following factory equipped features of your vehicle.
- Factory Amplifier: In vehicles with a factory amplified system (including Bose), the factory amplifiers are retained. It can be used in vehicles with or without a factory amplified system.
- Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.): The ignition power source of many GM vehicles keeps the radio on until one of the doors is opened. This feature is called the R.A.P.(retained accessory power). The RP4-GM41 will retain this feature.
- Warning Chimes: The PAC RP4-GM41 will retain your vehicle's factory warning chimes when the OEM radio is replaced with an aftermarket stereo.
- Steering Wheel Control (SWC): The PAC radio replacement interface also lets you keep your GM vehicle's factory steering wheel controls (no additional adapter required, but some hardwiring in the vehicle's dash is required). You even get to program two radio functions to each SWC button by using short press long press dual command functionality.
Note: This radio replacement interface adapter does not retain OnStar.
Navigation Outputs: The PAC radio replacement interface provides a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, and a Reverse Gear output to make installing an aftermarket Navigation radio simpler and less time consuming.
Vehicle Compatibility: The RadioPro4 (RP4-GM41) is compatible with select 2010-up GM vehicles fitted with a factory navigation or non-navigation radio, OnStar, and featuring the GM-LAN 29-bit v2 databus system with 44-pin connector harness. Compatible vehicles as of 12/19/2016 include -
- In the Chevy Cruze, Chevy Equinox, and GMC Terrain the separate LCD screen above the factory radio will not be retained.
- In 2010-2015 Chevy Equinox and GMC Terrain vehicles, you must use firmware version 1.2.3a.4 or higher. These same model vehicles equipped with factory navigation are not compatible.
- In a 2015-up Chevy Trax, you must use firmware version 1.2.3a.4 or higher.
- In the Chevy Malibu, models with factory navigation are not compatible.
- Click here for the most up-to-date list of compatible vehicles.
Radio Select Switch & Programmable SWC: The radio select rotary switch on the side of the interface must be adjusted to the proper radio setting before plugging the interface into the vehicle. The interface comes pre-programmed for all of the vehicle's factory SWC functions and does not require programming, unless you wish to re-assign the SWC functions to different buttons (up to two commands per button). The SWC functions can be easily programmed; see control settings and functions below. The interface retains programming even if your vehicle's battery is disconnected.
|Control Functions||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-|
|Preset +/-||Track +/-||Play||Search +/-||Track +/-||Track +/-||Preset +/-||Preset +/-||Preset +/-||Track +/-|
|Track +/-||Band/Disc +||Track +/-||Band||Cursor up/down||Play/OK||Track +/-||Track +/-||Track +/-||Disc +/-|
|Power||Preset/Disc -||Disc/FM +||Send||OK||Band||Band||Band||Band||OK|
|Play/Enter||Select||Disc/AM -||End||***||Cursor Up /Down||***||Phone Menu||***||***|
|Band/Program||Attenuation||Answer||***||***||Answer/ Hang-up||***||Answer Call||***||***|
|Phone Receive /Reject||Phone Receive /Reject||Voice Dial||***||***||***||***||End Call||***||***|
|End||Voice Dial||On/Off Hook||***||***||***||***||Voice Activation||***||***|
Note: The SWC harness contains a Blue/Yellow wire and a 3.5mm connector. You will only use one of the connectors, based on your type of aftermarket radio. The Blue/Yellow wire supports Kenwood, Newer JVC, OEM and Blaupunkt radios. The 3.5mm jack supports Alpine, Jensen, Older JVC, Clarion, Pioneer, Sony, Valor, and Dual radios. Not compatible with Soundstream head units.
Wiring Connection Chart: The included wiring harness features the following hardwire connections.
|Red||+12 Volt Accessory|
|Yellow||+12 Volt Constant|
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/Black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker +|
|Gray/Black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/Black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Purple||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Purple/Black||Right Rear Speaker -|
|Red/White||Parking Brake Detection (-)|
|Light Green||Reverse Output (+)|
RadioPRO App: PAC offers a Windows compatible RadioPRO App software program to help you configure the interface.
1 question already asked