About the PAC RP4-VW11 Wiring Interface
PAC's RP4-VW11 wiring interface lets you replace the factory radio in select 2002-up Volkswagen vehicles. You'll retain your factory steering wheel audio controls, the full entertainment system, and the use of your factory amplifier, if present. The interface supplies all navigation outputs and accessory power. Warranty: 1 year.
Important Note: If you have a factory amp in your vehicle, you'll lose the ability to fade from front to rear when you install a new car stereo. (See Details.) See Details for a list of compatible car stereos.
- 2002-2005 Vehicles: This interface only works when the factory radio is a double-DIN (4" tall) radio, and does not provide a reverse output trigger.
- 2004-2007 Touareg: If your VW has factory navigation, this interface will not work with your digital amplified sound system.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this model is compatible with your vehicle.
More details on the PAC RP4-VW11 Wiring Interface
Radio Replacement Interface (for Volkswagen): The PAC RadioPRO 4 Radio Replacement Interface (RP4-VW11) allows the replacement of the original factory radio in select Volkswagen vehicles with an upgraded aftermarket head unit. It has been engineered to interface seamlessly with the automobile's computer data bus system, as well as retain important safety and convenience features; such as:
- Factory amplified audio systems (including Dynaudio & Fender)
- Steering wheel controls (SWC)
- Rear seat entertainment (RSE)
- Navigation based outputs (including vehicle speed sensor, reverse, & parking brake).
- Retained accessory power (RAP)
Vehicle Compatibility: The RadioPRO 4 (RP4-VW11) is compatible with select 2002-2013 Volkswagen vehicles with factory LSFT-CAN databus radios. Compatible vehicles as of 3/12/2013 include:
- Premium Amplified Systems: In Premium Amplified Systems only two input channels can be used from the aftermarket radio, therefore there will be no fading capability of the aftermarket stereo. The RAP feature is not available in 2010+ vehicles equipped with a premium amplified system.
- 2002-2005 Vehicles: In these year vehicles the RP4-VW11 does not provide a Reverse output trigger. This signal is unavailable on the data bus. You must be replacing a factory Double-DIN radio. If the vehicle came equipped with a Single-DIN radio, the RP4-VW11 is not compatible.
- 2004-2007 Touareg: Does not retain digital audio amplified system seen when the vehicle is equipped with a factory navigation radio.
Radio Select Switch: The radio select rotary switch on the side of the interface must be adjusted to the proper radio setting before plugging the interface into the vehicle.
|# Dial||Radio Manufacturer|
|7||Dual, Pioneer, Sony|
- 2009+ CC, 2010+ EOS/Golf/GTI/Jetta/Passat/Rabbit, 2011+ Tiguan: These vehicles equipped with a Multi Function Display (MFD), the screen must be set to audio mode for all buttons to program correctly. The OK & Back buttons can be programmed, but they will also control the MFD.
- 2004-2010 Touareg: You can only program the Volume Up/Down buttons.
SWC Compatible: The interface comes pre-programmed for all of the vehicle's factory SWC functions and does not require programming, unless you wish to re-assign the SWC functions to different buttons. The SWC functions can be easily programmed; see control settings and functions below. The interface retains programming even if your vehicle's battery is disconnected.
Switch Position 1 2 3 4 5 7 Radio Alpine JVC Kenwood Clarion Valor Dual Pioneer Sony Control Functions Volume +/- Volume +/- Volume +/- Volume +/- Volume +/- Volume +/- Volume +/- Volume +/- Mute Mute Mute Mute Mute Mute Mute Mute Source Source Source Source Source Source Source Source Preset +/- Track +/- Play Search +/- Track +/- Preset +/- Preset +/- Preset +/- Track +/- Band/Disc + Track +/- Band Cursor up/down Track +/- Track +/- Track +/- Power Preset/Disc - Disc/FM + Send OK Band Band Band Play/Enter Select Disc/AM - End *** *** Phone Menu *** Band/Program Attenuation Answer *** *** *** Answer Call *** Receive (phone) Phone Receive/Reject *** *** *** *** End Call *** End Voice Dial *** *** *** *** Voice Activation *** *** Power *** *** *** *** *** ***Note: The SWC harness contains a Blue/Yellow wire and a 3.5mm connector. You will only use one of the connectors, based on your type of aftermarket radio. The Blue/Yellow wire supports Kenwood, Newer JVC, OEM and Blaupunkt radios. The 3.5mm jack supports Alpine, Jensen, Older JVC, Clarion, Pioneer, Sony, Valor, and Dual radios. Not compatible with Soundstream head units.
Multi Function Display (MFD) Compatible: When used in any of the following vehicles equipped with a Multi Function Display (MFD)..
- 2009+ CC, 2010+ EOS/Golf/GTI/Jetta/Passat/Rabbit, 2011+ Tiguan: ..the audio screen will display the SWC functions as they are pressed on the steering wheel. It will also display "Programming Mode" whenever the programming button on the side of the interface is pressed. The Blue/White remote input wire must be hooked up and the MFD must be in .audio mode for these features to be displayed.
- 2006-2009 Golf/GTI/Jetta/Passat, 2007-2009 EOS/Rabbit: ..the up & down arrows on the SWC that also control the MFD come programmed with functions but the SWC will control both the radio and the MFD. These buttons can be removed by reprogramming the interface and not programming these buttons
Notes: In vehicles equipped with factory Bluetooth, the factory telematics module must be disconnected in order to use the Phone & Voice buttons. Not disconnecting the telematics module will result in the MFD switching to phone mode every time the Phone or Voice buttons are pressed. The telematics module can usually be found under the passenger seat.
Wiring Connection Chart:
|Red/White||Parking Brake Output (-)|
|Blue/white||Radio On Input|
|Red||Accessory Output (10A)|
|Orange/white||Illumination Output (+)|
|Green||Reverse Output (+)|
|Blue/white||Amp Turn On Input|
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Grey||Right Front Speaker +|
|Grey/black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Purple||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Purple/black||Right Rear Speaker -|
RadioPRO App: PAC offers a Windows compatible RadioPRO App software program to help you configure the interface.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked