About the PAC RP5-GM51 Wiring Interface
PAC's RP5-GM51 wiring interface lets you replace the factory radio in select 2014-up General Motors vehicles, and still retain your factory warning chimes and your steering wheel audio controls. The interface also works with the OnStar system and the front/rear park assist. If you're installing a navigation receiver, this interface provides retained accessory power (RAP), vehicle speed sensor (VSS), and other crucial connections. Warranty: 1 year.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this interface is compatible with your vehicle.
What's in the box:
- Radio replacement/SWC interface module (for GM LAN 29-bit databus)
- Chime module
- Vehicle harness (RP5-GM51-HAR)
- Radio harness
- SWC harness (4-pin connector to 3.5mm/blue wire)
- Antenna adapter
PAC RP5-GM51 Wiring Interface reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PAC RP5-GM51 Wiring Interface
Radio Replacement Interface: The PAC RP5-GM51 interface allows an aftermarket head unit replacement of the factory navigation or non-navigation radio in select General Motors vehicles with 29-bit GM-LAN databus system. Using this interface will retain factory features such as OnStar, Park Assist, steering wheel controls (SWC), and Warning Chimes, when the original radio is removed. The RP5-GM51 also provides data bus driven outputs such as retained accessory power (RAP), vehicle speed sensor (VSS), illumination, reverse trigger, and parking brake.
- OnStar: This radio replacement interface is designed to retain the factory OnStar emergency services system and turn-by-turn voice prompts that would normally be lost when your factory radio is replaced by an aftermarket head unit.
- Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.): The ignition power source of many GM vehicles keeps the radio on until one of the doors is opened. This feature is called the R.A.P. (retained accessory power). The RP5-GM51 will retain this feature.
- Warning Chimes: The PAC RP5-GM51 will retain your vehicle's factory warning chimes through the included external chime module.
- Navigation Outputs: The PAC radio replacement interface provides a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, Mute, and a Reverse Gear output to make installing an aftermarket Navigation radio simpler and less time consuming.
- Park Assist Retention: You get to keep your vehicle's factory front & rear park assist functionality. If you wish to retain the factory reverse camera you must solder an RCA end onto the factory backup camera signal wires.
- Steering Wheel Control (SWC): The PAC radio replacement interface lets you keep your GM vehicle's OEM steering wheel controls (no additional adapter required, but some hardwiring in the vehicle's dash is required). You even get to program two radio functions to each SWC button by using short press long press dual command functionality.
- Auxiliary Input: The PAC radio replacement interface also allows you to retain the factory AUX Input jack. The included set of RCA plugs will pass the audio from the factory input jack to your aftermarket radio. Note: The aftermarket radio must have an Aux or Audio input for this to work.
Note: This interface does not retain the vehicle's factory Bose audio system; you will need to bypass the Bose factory system. If the vehicle has a factory amplifier (Bose), the speaker wires of this interface will need to be extended and run to behind the vehicle's rear seat and connected to the factory amplifier output wires. The amplifier is located at the bottom center of the rear wall of the vehicles cabin.
Vehicle Compatibility: The RadioPro4 (RP5-GM51) is compatible with select 2014-up GM vehicles fitted with a factory navigation or non-navigation radio, OnStar, and featuring the GM-LAN 29-bit databus system with 20-/16-pin connector harness.
|Silverado (1500 series)||2014|
|Sierra (1500 series)||2014|
Radio Select Switch & Programmable SWC: The radio select rotary switch on the side of the interface must be adjusted to the proper radio setting before plugging the interface into the vehicle. The interface comes pre-programmed for all of the vehicle's factory SWC functions and does not require programming, unless you wish to re-assign the SWC functions to different buttons (up to two commands per button). The SWC functions can be easily programmed; see control settings and functions below. The interface retains programming even if your vehicle's battery is disconnected.
|Control Functions||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-|
|Preset +/-||Track +/-||Play||Search +/-||Track +/-||Track +/-||Preset +/-||Preset +/-||Preset +/-||Track +/-|
|Track +/-||Band/Disc +||Track +/-||Band||Cursor up/down||Play/OK||Track +/-||Track +/-||Track +/-||Disc +/-|
|Power||Preset/Disc -||Disc/FM +||Send||OK||Band||Band||Band||Band||OK|
|Play/Enter||Select||Disc/AM -||End||***||Cursor Up /Down||***||Phone Menu||***||***|
|Band/Program||Attenuation||Answer||***||***||Answer/ Hang-up||***||Answer Call||***||***|
|Phone Receive /Reject||Phone Receive /Reject||Voice Dial||***||***||***||***||End Call||***||***|
|End||Voice Dial||On/Off Hook||***||***||***||***||Voice Activation||***||***|
Note: The SWC harness contains a Blue/Yellow wire and a 3.5mm connector. You will only use one of the connectors, based on your type of aftermarket radio. The Blue/Yellow wire supports Kenwood, Newer JVC, OEM and Blaupunkt radios. The 3.5mm jack supports Alpine, Jensen, Older JVC, Clarion, Pioneer, Sony, Valor, and Dual radios. Not compatible with Soundstream head units.
Wiring Connection Chart: The included wiring harness features the following hardwire connections.
|Red||+12 Volt Accessory|
|Yellow||+12 Volt Constant|
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/Black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker +|
|Gray/Black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/Black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Purple||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Purple/Black||Right Rear Speaker -|
|Light Green||Parking Brake Detection (-)|
|Purple/White||Reverse Output (+)|
RadioPRO App: PAC offers a Windows compatible RadioPRO App software program to help you configure the interface.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
5 questions already asked