About the PAC RPA-VA1
Keep your backup cam
It's a question we get all the time — can I replace my radio and keep my factory backup cam? With adapters like PAC's RPA-VA1 video adapter, the answer is, "Absolutely!" Ideal for integrating a video-equipped aftermarket receiver into Ford and Chrysler vehicles, you'll hard-wire this adapter for power, then use the composite video connections to enable your new radio as a monitor for your OEM backup camera. Additionally, the RPA-VA1 reduces unwanted video noise by allowing you to share a ground for power with your new radio.
- Video adapter and video signal filter
- allows use of aftermarket touchscreen radio with factory backup cam
- ideal for Ford and Chrysler vehicles
- reduces video noise
- converts differential video signal to a single-ended composite video signal
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RPA-VA1
What's in the box:
- Differential-to-composite video adapter
- Video noise filter
- Installation Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PAC RPA-VA1
Differential-To-Composite Video Adapter With Video Noise Filter: The PAC RPA-VA1 is a differential-to-composite vidoe adapter with video noise filter that helps to quickly and easily eliminate video noise from your reverse camera signal. The easy to install RPA-VA1 eliminates video noise on your reverse camera display. Specifically designed for retaining the factory reverse camera, when upgrading to an aftermarket radio. RPA-VA1 is also useful in eliminating video noise like scrolling vertical lines, in any installation.
- The RPA-VA1 is a differential to single ended video converter. It is designed for use when installing an aftermarket radio into a vehicle that uses a differential camera.
- The RPA-VA1 can also be used as a video noise filter in cases where the camera ground is on a different plane than the aftermarket radio, by eliminating the ground loop and fixing distortion such as horizontal lines in the video.
- It is very important that you connect the RPA-VA1 ground wire to the aftermarket radio's ground wire. These two components sharing the same ground is critical to the noise filter feature.
- The video input connector has two independent wires for when you are connecting to a factory reverse camera. The RCA end can be cut off and the harness wires connected directly to the vehicle.