About the PAC RPK4-CH4101 Factory Integration Adapter
Great sound for your great truck
Great sound for your great truck
RAM trucks are as tough as they come, but with a great truck you deserve the great sound only an aftermarket system can provide. But if you want to keep your steering wheel audio controls and the handy knobs and touchscreen controls that operate your climate controls, backup camera, and settings you need more than just a replacement radio. PAC's RPK4-CH4101 package gives you the functionality and convenience you need in an attractive package that coordinates with your standard dash.
Comprehensive control set
The replacement dash panel lets you install a new single- (2" tall) or double-DIN (4" tall) car stereo in 2013-19 RAM trucks with the 8" display screen while retaining your vehicle's steering wheel control functions, vehicle cameras (if equipped), USB port, and factory amplifier (if present). The dash panel includes a 5.2" touchscreen LCD display that controls your vehicle's standard functions, including:
- climate controls
- camera selection
- vehicle settings
- performance gauges
- vehicle information
The kit also includes a complete set of climate control knobs and buttons that replace your factory knobs, as well as four programmable hard buttons you can use for quick access to features including climate controls, camera selection, and screen shortcuts. The interface also offers the reverse, illumination, and Vehicle Speed Sensor (V.S.S.) outputs that you'll need if you're installing a navigation receiver, and supports up to 5 driver safety cameras with use of the PAC RPA-16P5V camera harness (sold separately).
Installation of a new stereo with this kit requires cutting into the plastic sub-dash; after cutting, you will not be able to reinstall the original radio.
- allows installation of a new receiver in RAM trucks with 8" display screen
- includes new 5.2" touchscreen display that shows:
- climate information
- camera selection
- performance data
- 4 programmable hard buttons give you quick access to functions
- retains the use of your steering wheel audio controls
- retains factory amp (if equipped)
- retains vehicle cameras (multiple cameras require separate adapter); USB port
- supplies outputs for NAV receivers (reverse, illumination, and Vehicle Speed Sensor [V.S.S.])
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RPK4-CH4101
What's in the box:
- Radio housing (w/ integrated LCD screen and climate controls)
- Mounting bracket
- 2 Side brackets
- Radio installation adapter
- Radio harness
- Vehicle harness
- LCD harness
- Camera harness
- Antenna adpater
- 6' USB extension cable (with a male USB type-A connector on one end and a female USB type-A connector on other end)
- Surface mounting bracket
- Chime speaker
- "Auto" button" Blank button
- 8 Course-thread screws
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- 2 Machine screws
- 2 Wing-nuts
- User Manual
- "STOP" sheet
PAC RPK4-CH4101 Factory Integration Adapter reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PAC RPK4-CH4101 Factory Integration Adapter
Vehicle Compatibility: The PAC RadioPRO 4 Series RPK4-CH4101 Integrated Installation Kit lets you replace the factory 8.4" radio in your 2013-2018 RAM or 2019 RAM Classic Truck with an upgraded aftermarket receiver and retain all climate control functions, factory amplified sound system, steering wheel controls, reverse camera, safety equipment and more.
Dash Kit for Single or Double DIN Radios: The included factory matched dash kit will accommodate a Single-DIN aftermarket head unit using the supplied pocket or a Double-DIN aftermarket head unit without the pocket.
- 5.2" LCD Touchscreen: The kit's integrated 5.2" LCD touchscreen allows you to easily swipe between climate control, camera select, vehicle settings, performance gauges, and vehicle information. Features provided by the LCD screen will vary based on the vehicle features. The integrated 5.2" LCD screen does not retain the Compass, Phone & Navigation Prompts, and Clock from your Ram Truck's factory instrument cluster display.
- Climate Controls & Proximity Buttons: The dash kit features integrated climate control knobs and buttons, as well as a Hazard switch. There are also 4 programmable push buttons built into the kit with proximity-sense technology for quicker access to factory cameras and climate controls.
Note: You will need to cut and modify the sub-dash of your Ram truck to accommodate the mounting depth of some aftermarket radios. Some shallow mount aftermarket radios will not require this modification.
Factory Amplified and Non-Amplified System Compatible: The PAC RPK4-CH4101 lets you retain your RAM Truck's factory amplified sound system (if equipped) when replacing the factory radio with a newer aftermarket stereo. Balance & Fade controls are also retained. In addition, the RPK4-CH4101 is compatible in Ram Truck's with non-amplified sound systems. Make sure to plug the supplied wiring harness into the correct "Amplified" or "Non-Amplified" port on the RPK4-CH4101's radio installation adapter.
Notes: This integrated installation kit does not retain the factory amplifier's Speed Controlled Volume feature.
Steering Wheel Control: The RPK4-CH4101 will retain your RAM Truck's factory steering wheel controls (SWC) and allows you to program two radio functions to each SWC button by using short press long press dual command functionality (no separate steering wheel adapter is required). Your new aftermarket radio will also need to support steering wheel control.
Media Inputs: The PAC RPK4-CH4101 will retain some of your truck's factory media connections including the Aux input and USB port.
- Aux Input: The factory Aux input is retained through the use of your aftermarket radio's rear-panel Aux input. The RPK-4CH4101 is outfitted with a male 3.5mm connector that plugs into your aftermarket stereo's rear-panel Aux input. A stereo minijack-to-RCA adapter maybe required and sold separately.
- USB Port: The factory USB port is retained through the use of a USB module which replaces the factory in-dash USB module and plugs into the rear-panel USB port on your aftermarket radio. *Currently the USB module is not available and will be shipped to you at a later date after filling out paperwork including in the box. In the meantime, PAC has included a 6' USB extension cable that can be run from the back of your aftermarket radio to the front of the dash to plug in a USB-enabled device, such as your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone.
Note: Many uConnect features are not retained; including WiFi Hotspot, Bluetooth, and SOS/Assist.
Backup Camera & Parking Sensors: The PAC RPK-4CH4101 will retain your truck's stock backup camera, if your new aftermarket head unit is equipped with a rear-panel composite video camera input. The RPK-4CH4101 will even retain your truck's factory parking sensors (if equipped).
- Multiple Cameras: If the truck is equipped with a bed camera or more cameras are being added beyond a reverse camera, you will need PAC's RPA-16PV6 camera upgrade harness (sold separately). With the addition of the optional RPA-16P5V harness, the RPK4-CH4101 supports display and control of up to 5 cameras. The RPA-16P5V replaces the camera harness that is included with the RPK4-CH4101.
- External Chime Speaker: In trucks without a factory amplifier that are equipped with parking sensors, you must use the included external speaker in order to continue hearing parking sensor chimes. If the truck has a factory amplified system and parking sensors, the speaker is not necessary unless the factory amplifier is no longer being used.
Retained Accessory Power (R.AP.) & Warning Chimes: The ignition power source of your RAM Truck keeps the radio on until one of the doors is opened. This feature is called the R.A.P. (retained accessory power). The RPK4-CH4101 is designed to retain this function. The PAC RPK4-CH4101 will also retain your truck's factory warning chimes through the included external chime speaker module.
Navigation Outputs: The PAC RPK40CH4101 also provides data bus driven Navigation outputs - such as vehicle speed sensor (VSS), reverse trigger, and parking brake - making the installation of an aftermarket navigation head unit simpler and less time consuming.
RadioPRO App: PAC offers a Windows compatible RadioPRO App software program to allows you to update the RPK4-CH4101 when new firmware updates become available. The interface must be connected to the vehicle and your Windows laptop when using the RadioPRO App.
5 questions already asked