About the PAC RPK4-GM2301 Dash and Wiring Kit
Keep your big screen and factory controls
Keep your big screen and factory controls
The RPK4-GM2301 dash and wiring kit includes a dash kit, an interface module, an LCD screen and controller, and the wiring harnesses you'll need to hook up your new stereo to the module and the car's wiring system. The module allows you to retain your steering wheel audio controls, warning chimes and messages, vehicle personalization settings, and Retained Accessory Power (RAP). The module also supplies the outputs (illumination, VSS, reverse trigger, and parking brake) you'll need to install a navigation receiver.
Everything you need
The included LCD display and controller give you the convenient control set you're accustomed to. The dash kit includes mounting panels for single-DIN (2") and double-DIN (4") stereos, along with the storage pocket and display adapter you'll need for a single-DIN unit. The panels match the finish of your factory dash. The RPK4-GM2301 kit makes a potentially tricky installation much easier.
- replace the factory radio in select 2004-08 Chevrolet Malibu and Pontiac G6
- kit includes:
- dash panels for single- and double-DIN radios
- dash pocket and LCD adapter for single-DIN installations
- vehicle interface module
- LCD display and controller
- wiring harnesses
- mounting brackets and screws
- retains steering wheel audio controls, vehicle personalization settings, warning chimes, and retained accessory power (RAP)
- retains factory amp and sub (if present)
- provides speed sensor, reverse, and parking brake outputs for NAV receivers
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RPK4-GM2301
What's in the box:
- LCD controller
- Radio replacement interface module (RP4-GM23)
- Vehicle harness
- Steering wheel control harness
- Radio housing
- 2 Radio brackets
- 2-Piece LCD adapter bracket
- USB cover
- 8 ISO-screws
- 4 LCD adapter Screws
- Radio Replacement Module Instructions
- Mounting Kit Instructions
PAC RPK4-GM2301 Dash and Wiring Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PAC RPK4-GM2301 Dash and Wiring Kit
Vehicle Compatibility: The PAC RPK4-GM2301 Integrated Intallation Kit is designed specifically for select 11-Bit GMLAN vehicles; including 2004-2008 Chevrolet Malibu and 2005-2008 Pontiac G6 (as of 1/20/2021).
|Chevrolet||Malibu (All Trim Levels)||2004-2007|
|Malibu Maxx (All Trim Levels)||2004-2007|
|Pontiac||G6 (All Trim Levels)||2005-2008|
Single & Double-DIN Dash Kit: The PAC RPK4-GM2301's dash kit will support a Double-DIN or Single-DIN aftermarket radio. A pocket is included for Single-DIN radio installations.
LCD Screen & Controller: The included LCD screen and controller lets you retain your vehicle's settings and information that would normally be lost when the factory radio is replaced by an aftermarket head unit. The LCD screen and controller's buttons are labeled like the factory radio buttons, providing your with a more factory like user experience.
- Pressing the Info button will allow you to cycle through the following vehicle information - Trip A, Trip B, Fuel Range, Econ, Average Speed and Oil Life.
- Pressing the Menu button or turning the rotary dial clockwise will allow you to cycle through the following vehicle settings - Oil Life Reset, Units, Lock Horn, Unlock Horn, Lights Flash, Delay Lock, Auto Unlock, Unlock, Exterior Lights, Security and Language.
- The Enter button can be used to change any of the settings while they are displayed on the screen.
- The LCD screen & controller can be installed in included dash kit using the supplied pocket and adapter bracket when installing a Single-DIN aftermarket radio.
- If you ar installing a Double-DIN aftermarket stereo or you prefer using the Single-DIN radio pocket for storage, the LCD screen & controller can be custom mounted in the glove box or center console area.
Retained Factory Features: The included radio replacement interface module allows you to retain important factory features; including Factory Amplifier, Steering Wheel Controls, Retained Accessory Power (RAP), and Warning Chimes.
- Factory Amplifier: The RPK4-GM2301 will retain your vehicle's factory amplifier & sub (if equipped); it's also compatible with non-amplified factory systems.
- Steering Wheel Controls: The interface comes pre-programmed for all of your vehicle's factory steering wheel control functions and does not require programming, unless you wish to re-assign the SWC functions, or utilize short press long press dual command functionality.
- Retained Accessory Power (RAP): The RPK4-GM2301 will retain your vehicle's RAP functionality, which allows the vehicle's ignition power source to keep the radio turned on until one of the doors is opened.
- Warning Chimes: The radio replacement interface module has the ability to retain your vehicle's factory warning chimes and audible turn signal clicks.
Navigation Outputs: The PAC RPK4-GM2301 provides a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, and a Reverse Gear output to make installing an aftermarket Navigation radio simpler and less time consuming.
Optional USB Dash-Mount: The included dash kit has a pre-cut opening to install PAC's USB Dash-Mount Cable (USBDMA6, sold separately) to make it easier to access your aftermarket stereo's rear-panel USB port. A plastic cover is supplied if you don't plan on installing the optional USB Dash-Mount Cable. .
Firmware Updates: The RPK4-GM2301 can be updated with new firmware as it becomes available using the PAC-UP interface updater (sold separately). Please visit www.PAC-audio.com/firmware for available updates.