About the PAC SWI-ADAPT Steering Wheel Control Input Adapter
PAC's SWI-ADAPT input adapter lets you connect a PAC steering wheel control adapter (sold separately) or any other PAC wiring interface equipped with a 3.5mm connector to a car stereo with a two-wire resistive steering wheel input connection. The SWI-ADAPT eliminates the need to cut or otherwise alter the SWC adapter's output plug and preserves the integrity of the adapter's wiring, when installing car stereos from Panasonic, Android, Soundstream, Boss, Planet Audio, Pumpkin, or other brands. Warranty: 1 year.
What's in the box:
- Two-wire resistive SWC adapter
- Wiring harness
- Installation Instructions
More details on the PAC SWI-ADAPT Steering Wheel Control Input Adapter
Two-Wire Resistive SWC Adapter: The SWI-ADAPT is used in conjunction with a PAC steering wheel control interface (such as the SWI-CP2, sold separately) and select radio replacement interfaces (sold separately) to allow for connection to select aftermarket in-dash head units that require two steering wheel control input wires (usually labeled as "Key 1" and "Key 2", or "SW 1" and "SW 2"). Compatible radios with two-wire steering wheel controls include Boss, Soundstream, and Panasonic.
Connections: The PAC SWI-ADAPT is equipped with a 3.5mm jack and includes a 5-wire harness.
- 3.5mm Jack: Connect the 3.5mm connector of your PAC's steering wheel interface module or radio replacement interface module (the Blue/Yellow wire from the PAC interface will not be used).
- Red Wire: Connect to +12 volt accessory switch.
- Black Wire: Ground to metal chassis of vehicle.
- Brown Wire: Connect to aftermarket radio's "SW 1" or "Key 1" wire.
- White Wire: Connect to aftermarket radio's "SW 2" or "Key 2" wire.
- Light Green Wire: Cut light green wire loop and insulate the wires if installing a Panasonic radio.