About the PAC SWI-CP2 Steering Wheel Control Adapter
You want to install an aftermarket stereo in your vehicle, but you hate to give up the convenience of your factory steering wheel radio controls? No problem. PAC's SWI-CP2 adapter allows you to use the steering wheel audio controls in a wide variety of vehicles to command select radios from Advent, Alpine, BOYO, Clarion, Dual, Fusion, JVC, Lightning Audio, Kenwood, Nakamichi, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, Sony, and Visteon.
Programming is incredibly easy. Just use the free ControlPRO app to look up your vehicle on your PC or smartphone, then flip the dipswitches to the configuration listed for your vehicle, and you're done. You can also access vehicle and wiring information with this app, as well as program this adapter with your PC.
Installation is straightforward — connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and your stereo, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Step-by-step LED confirmation makes programming easy. Once connected, the SWI-CP2's failsafe memory will learn up to 12 stereo functions, retaining them even if battery power is interrupted. Warranty: 1 year.
PAC SWI-CP2 Steering Wheel Control Adapter reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PAC SWI-CP2 Steering Wheel Control Adapter
Steering Wheel Control Interface: PAC's ControlPRO SWI-CP2 retains the built-in steering wheel controls in select vehicles when replacing the factory radio with an aftermarket radio. It also allows the retention of rear seat controls (RSC) and retained accessory power (RAP) in select vehicles. The SWI-CP2 is compatible with many of today's most popular vehicles, even with more complex electronic systems including CAN bus, GMLAN, and Class II systems. The simple to use interface module can be configured in multiple ways - via dip switches, direct from a USB connected PC, or a button learning procedure. Wiring and vehicle configuration dip switch settings are provided through the ControlPRO APP - available for PC, and Android and iOS devices.
Note: The Click here for a complete list of compatible vehicles.
Vehicle Compatibility: The PAC SWI-CP2 steering wheel control interface is compatible in vehicles equipped with CAN Bus, GMLAN, Class II, LIN Bus, I-Bus, and Analog or Serial Data SWC. Compatible vehicle makes include Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Harley Davidson, Honda, Hummer, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercedes, Mercury, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Porsche, Ram, Saab, Saturn, Scion, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, Volkswagen, and Volvo.
Programming & Configuration: The PAC SWI-CP2 steering wheel control interface offers 3 programming & configuration methods.
- Manual Configuration Mode: With this method, the SWI-CP2 uses a pre-determined dipswitch configuration to assign the vehicle and SWC button functionality. The dipswitches on the side of the interface must be manually set to the proper configuration by the user. These vehicle specific dipswitch settings can be found by downloading PAC's ControlPRO application onto your Windows PC (7-up), Android smartphone/tablet (OS 4.0.3+), or Apple iPod touch/iPhone/iPad (iOS 7.0+).
- App Mode: With this method, the SWI-CP2 can be connected to a Windows PC in which PAC's ControlPRO application assigns the vehicle and SWC button functionality. The dipswitches on the side of the interface must all be set to down/on which is the default position. When using this method, it is not required to manually program the SWC buttons when programming via App mode.
- Manual Programming Mode: With this method the SWC values must be manually programmed into the SWI-CP2 by using the programming button. The vehicle dipswitches on the side of the interface must all be set to the up (off) position. The radio dipswitches must be set to the proper radio configuration (see Instructions). This mode is only compatible in vehicles with both analog SWC and a discrete 12v Accessory wire; vehicles with CAN-Bus buttons cannot be manually programmed.
Two-Function Assignment: The PAC ControlPRO SWI-CP2 allows you to program two radio functions to each SWC button on your steering wheel by using short press/long press dual command functionality.
Retained Accessory Power (RAP): In vehicles equipped with retained accessory power (RAP), the accessory output and the red LED will remain active & keep the radio on for 10 minutes unless the driver side door is opened. In vehicles that do not support RAP, the LED and accessory output will shut off when the key is switched or removed from the ignition.
Wire Code Chart: Crutchfield recommends that all wiring connections be soldered to ensure a sturdy and reliable connection.
|Red||(+) 12V Accessory Input|
|Black||(-) Analog SWC Ground|
|Black||(-) Chassis Ground|
|Red/white||(+) 12V Accessory Output|
|White||(-) Analog SWC Input 1|
|Yellow||(+) 12V Constant Input|
|Purple||Data 2 Input (LIN, iBUS, Class II, Serial)|
|Pink||Data 1 Input (LAN, MSCAN, SWCAN, LSFT)|
|Light Green||(+) 12V Analog SWC Input|
|White/red||(-) Analog SWC Input 3|
|White/black||(-) Analog SWC Input 2|
|Blue/yellow||SWC output for Kenwood and Newer JVC|
|3.5mm Jack||SWC output for Alpine, Jensen, JVC, Clarion, Pioneer, Sony, Boyo, Blaupunkt, Dual, Advent, Lightning Audio, or Visteon|
The PAC SWI-CP2 Steering Wheel Control Adapter replaces these items
- works with analog signals
- wire splicing required
- works with analog and digital signals
- wire splicing required
- choose and assign a secondary "press and hold" radio function to each factory button
16 questions already asked