About the PAC SWI-CP5 Steering Wheel Control Adapter
You want to install an aftermarket stereo in your vehicle, but you hate to give up the convenience of your factory steering wheel radio controls? No problem. PAC's SWI-CP5 adapter allows you to use the steering wheel audio controls in a wide variety of vehicles to command select radios from Alpine, Clarion, Dual, Jensen, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, and Sony.
More features, easy programming
The SWI-CP5 adapter allows retention of steering wheel audio controls, rear seat audio controls, and retained accessory power (RAP) in a wide selection of vehicles. You can also assign two radio functions to each SWC button by using short press/long press functionality. The SWI-CP5 works in vehicles with either data or analog steering wheel control signals.
Installation is straightforward — connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and your stereo, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You can program this adapter with your smartphone, with your tablet or PC, from a USB flash drive, or manually. The direct connection to the stereo eliminates the need for an infrared emitter, allowing the adapter to function even in bright sunlight. Step-by-step LED confirmation makes programming easy. Once connected, the SWI-CP5's failsafe memory will learn up to 12 stereo functions, retaining them even if battery power is interrupted. Warranty: 1 year.
Important Note: On some vehicles, you may need a voltmeter to locate the correct wires to connect to the SWI-CP5. If you have no car audio installation experience, you should consider professional installation. The SWI-CP5 works with most Alpine, Clarion, Dual, Jensen, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, and Sony car stereos that have a wired remote control input or a dedicated steering wheel input.
Wiring Advisory: You'll usually have to tap into one to three wires in your vehicle at the radio location to connect this interface. If you're using a PAC wiring interface to connect your new car stereo to your vehicle, then it most likely will have a prewired connector for this PAC adapter so no wiring is required. PAC does provide custom wiring instructions for all confirmed compatible vehicles on their web site.
PAC SWI-CP5 Steering Wheel Control Adapter reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PAC SWI-CP5 Steering Wheel Control Adapter
Steering Wheel Control Interface: The PAC SWI-CP5 interface allows the retention of steering wheel controls (SWC), rear seat controls (RSC), and retained accessory power (RAP) when replacing the factory radio in select vehicles. The SWI-CP5 works in a wide range of vehicles and eliminates the need for in-line resistors and massive rewiring. It can be auto-programmed for your vehicle simply by using PAC's ControlPRO app on your Apple iOS/Android device or through your Windows 7 computer; it can also be programmed manually.
Vehicle Compatibility: The PAC SWI-CP5 steering wheel control interface is compatible in vehicles equipped with CAN Bus, GMLAN, Class II, LIN Bus, I-Bus, and Analog or Serial Data SWC. Compatible vehicle makes include Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Honda, Hummer, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jeep, Kia, Lexus, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercedes, Mercury, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Scion, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, Volkswagen, and Volvo. Click here for complete list of compatible vehicles.
Note: The PAC SWI-CP5 is equipped with a manual learning function for compatibility with unlisted analog vehicles.
Programming: The PAC SWI-CP5 steering wheel control interface is configurable using either App, Manual, or Flash mode.
- App Mode: In App Mode, the SWI-CP2 is easily configurable using either a Windows PC, Apple iOS device, or an Android smartphone/tablet using the SWC module's USB port and PAC's simple downloadable app. Simply download the ControlPRO application (from Apple's App Store, GooglePlay, or Windows) onto your Apple iOS 7.0+ device, Android 4.0.3+ tablet/smartphone, or Windows 7 computer/laptop. Once the app is installed, plug your Apple, Android, or Windows device into the SWI-CP2's USB port and the ControlPRO app will provide the ability to custom configure the SWI-CP2 interface and your vehicle's original steering wheel controls, to operate the functions of your new aftermarket radio. Click here for tutorial.
- Manual Mode: In Manual Mode, the SWI-CP5 uses a pre-determined dipswitch configuration to assign the vehicle and SWC button functionality. The dipswitches on the side of the interface must be manually set to the proper configuration by the user. This mode is only compatible in vehicles with both analog SWC and a discrete 12-volt Accessory wire; vehicles with CAN-Bus cannot be manually programmed.
- Flash Mode: In this mode, the SWI-CP5 can be configured using a USB flash drive and the supplied USB adapter. Simply download your configured vehicle file from the ControlPRO application on your Windows 7 computer or laptop to a USB thumbdrive and plug it into the SWC interface for auto-programming. The dipswitches on the side of the interface must all be set to down which is the default position. When using this method, it is not required to manually program the SWC buttons.
Note: All ControlPRO applications are dynamically updated and include the latest installation documents, control schematics, and product information for your vehicle.
Two-Function Assignment: Use of this interface allows you to program two radio functions to each SWC button by using short press/long press dual command functionality.
Programming Feedback: The SWI-CP5 interface offers audible feedback for programming confirmation and a highly visible tricolor LED keeps you informed of the SWC module's status.
- The red LED on the interface will turn on and the +12V accessory output wire will turn on. The green LED will flash each time it sees a steering wheel button pressed.
- In vehicles equipped with retained accessory power (RAP) the accessory output and the red LED will remain active & keep the radio on for 10 minutes unless the driver side door is opened. In vehicles that do not support RAP the LED and accessory output will shut off when the key is switched or removed from the ignition.
Memory Retention: The PAC SWI-CP5 steering wheel interface retains memory even if power is lost.
Wire Code Chart:
|Black||(-) Chassis Ground|
|Yellow||(+) 12V Constant Input|
|Red||(+) 12V Accessory Input|
|Red/white||(+) 12V Accessory Output|
|White||(-) Analog SWC Input 1|
|White/black||(-) Analog SWC Input 2|
|White/red||(-) Analog SWC Input 3|
|Light Green||(+) 12V Analog SWC Input|
|Pink||(+) Dual Wire CAN Hi input|
|Pink/black||(-) Dual Wire CAN Low input|
|Dark Green||SW CAN Input|
|Purple||Class II Data Input|
|Yellow/black||12V Serial Data Input|
|Blue/yellow||SWC output for Kenwood and Newer JVC|
|3.5mm Jack||SWC output for Alpine, Jensen, JVC, Clarion, Pioneer, Sony, Boyo, Blaupunkt, Dual, Advent, Lightning Audio, or Visteon|
Note: We recommend that all wiring connections be soldered to ensure a sturdy and reliable connection.
Product Updates: The SWI-CP5 can be updated with new firmware as it becomes available using the device specific application or a USB flash drive.
The PAC SWI-CP5 Steering Wheel Control Adapter replaces these items
- allows you to use steering wheel controls in select vehicles when adding an aftermarket radio
- steering wheel interface for specific radio brand also needed
- splicing required
- Allows you to use steering wheel controls in select vehicles when adding an aftermarket radio
- steering wheel interface for specific radio brand required
- splicing required
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
5 questions already asked