About the PAC TL-PTG2
This handy little tool from PAC helps you test RCA cable continuity and speaker polarity, as well as adjust amp gain and crossover frequency. The TL-PTG2's tone generator outputs up to 8 volts of signal pitched anywhere between 13 and 10,000 Hz, useful for checking continuity and frequency response, as well as setting gain and input sensitivity. The TL-PTG2 connects via RCA cable or alligator clips, so you can access and test almost any system. The Speaker Test function sends out a repeating 9-volt pop, so you can test speaker polarity visually, or with your own RTA/oscilloscope and measuring microphone.
Note: The TL-PTG2 will indicate whether or not an RCA cable has continuity, but otherwise has no read-outs or measurement displays, and is intended for use with separate testing equipment like a multi-meter or an RTA (real-time analyzer).
- tone generator and polarity tester
- RCA cable continuity checker
- tone generator: variable output 0 to 8 volts, 13 to 10,000 Hz
- Speaker Test generates 9V pop
- troubleshooting and testing uses:
- checking signal flow and system continuity
- checking signal phase
- setting input sensitivity (gain) and output levels
- setting crossover points
- output: RCA cable and alligator clips
- auto-shutoff extends battery life
- dimensions: 2-15/16"W x 1- 3/8"H x 4-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TL-PTG2
What's in the box:
- Tester w/ attached 6" RCA and alligator clip leads
- 9V Battery
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PAC TL-PTG2
Multi-Function Tester: The PAC TL-PTG2 Tone Generator & Polarity Tester is a multi-purpose testing tool for your car audio system. The compact hand-held tester features knurled knobs for easy adjustments and an Auto-Shutoff to help prolong battery life. A 9V battery is included. Test functions include:
- RCA Continuity Test: Two RCA jacks built into the TL-PTG2 let you test a pair of RCA cables for continuity. A corresponding LED indicator will light Red if the cables pass.
- Speaker Test: Two alligator clips on 6" leads connect to your speaker wire leads and provide a 9V "pop" for visually testing speaker continuity and polarity.
- Test Tone & Levels: A single RCA plug on a 6" lead can output a variable 13Hz-10kHz test tone with an adjustable voltage range of 0-8V. This can be used for setting input gain levels, checking speaker crossover points, verifying connections, and general troubleshooting. Two rotary dials are provided for adjusting the frequency and pre-out voltage levels.
Note: The PAC TL-PTG2 Tester does not include an LCD screen or readout of any type. A multimeter or oscilloscope will be required for more detailed testing.