About the Russound A2100 (factory refurbished)
Save on a factory refurbished amplifier
Save on a factory refurbished amplifier
We've been fans of Russound's stereo amplifiers for years. Here's an opportunity to save a little dough on an A2100 amp, complete with a full two-year factory warranty. This compact workhorse delivers 100 watts per channel while only taking up half the space of a traditional rack-mounted amp. Install two side-by-side, or use the included full-width mounting ears for a clean single-amp install.
Perfect for music in a second zone
With plenty of power under the hood, the A2100 can be used in a variety of configurations. Drive your main speakers with it, or connect a pair of outdoor or kitchen speakers for easy sound in a second zone.
Need more power? Use two of these amps in bridged mode to drive even the most power-hungry speakers with ease. A pair of RCA inputs support a preamp, receiver, or analog sources that have their own volume control.
Multiple power-on options
The A2100 can be turned on manually, or automatically when it detects a source. It's even 12-volt trigger compatible so you can have it turn on when another piece of equipment is fired up. A carefully designed chassis minimizes heat when installed in a rack.
Never worry about blowing your speakers
One of the features we like most about the A2100 is the ability to set maximum volume limits. On the back panel is a dial that lets you set a volume "ceiling." Even if an over-enthusiastic listener maxes out the system's volume, there won't be any damage to the speakers. This is a great way to make sure that guests or kids don't accidentally turn the system up to distortion levels.
- 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms (bandwidth not given) at 0.1% THD with 2 channels driven
- 125 watts x 2 into 4 ohms
- 225 watts bridged into 8 ohms
- robust protection circuitry
- combines easily with other Russound 1/2-rack products
- selectable output impedance: 8-ohm, 4-ohm, or bridged
- 12v trigger input and output for automated turn-on
- signal-sensing input activates the amplifier when a source is detected
- 1 pair of analog stereo RCA inputs
- one pair of speaker connectors (supports up to 12-gauge wire)
- space-saving low-profile design
- total harmonic distortion: less than 0.1% into 8 ohms
- rack-mountable with included hardware
- detachable power cable
- 8-1/2"W x 10-1/2"D x 1-3/4"H
- weight: 4.1 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Please note: The manufacturer uses generic packaging for this refurbished item
- MFR # 9999-852626
What's in the box:
- Refurbished digital stereo amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- 2 Short brackets
- Long bracket
- Mounting plate
- 4 Countersunk-head machine screws
- 6 Pan-head machine screws
- 4 Rubber feet
- Cord-lock clip
- Installation Manual
Russound A2100 (factory refurbished) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Russound A2100 (factory refurbished)
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||2|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||100|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||125|
|Frequency Response||Not given|
|Bridged Power per Channel||225 watts|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||1|
|Speaker Connectors||Removable screw-do|
A2100 Digital Amplifier: The Russound A2100 is a 2-channel digital amplifier designed to be used to boost audio amplification where needed, either as a standalone amplifier, or as an addition to a whole-house distributed audio system in order to provide extra amplifier power in larger rooms or spaces.
Class D Stereo Amplifier: The Russound A2100 utilizes the latest Class D digital amplification technology. Designed to handle an impedance as low as 4 ohms allows a total of four 8-ohm speakers to be used with the A2100 amplifier.
- Stereo (8 Ohms): 100W x 2Ch @ 8 Ohms < 0.1% THD+N
- Stereo (4 Ohms): 125W x 2Ch @ 4 Ohms < 0.5% THD +N
- Bridged (8 Ohms): 225W x 1Ch @ 8 Ohms < 0.2% THD+N
Bridgeable: If 100 watts isn't enough for you, the A2100 includes a bridge option that allows you to bridge both channels into a single powerful 225-watt output. Combine two A2100 units together in the same system and you can have a stereo output at 225-watts per channel at 8 ohms.
Line Input w/ Level Control: The Russound A2100 digital stereo amplifier is equipped with one stereo RCA input with volume level control.
Buffered Line Output: The A2100 includes a stereo buffered line output that can be used for daisy-chaining additional amplifiers to your system. By using the integrated line outputs, you can add multiple amplifiers and create an expansive audio zone for very large rooms or outdoor zones that require additional power or more speakers.
Removable Screw-Down Speaker Connectors: Installer-friendly, removal screw-down connectors are used for all speaker connections, allowing you to lock in all connections for a long-lasting, trouble-free installation that is still easy to service and adjust throughout the life of the system. All connectors accept up to 12-gauge speaker wire.
Power Modes: The A2100 digital stereo amplifier has three modes of power operation - Always On, Auto On (Signal Sensing), & Trigger.
- Always On: In this mode, the A2100 is always active and ready for use.
- Auto On (Signal Sensing): Thanks to Auto On, the amplifier can detect the presence of an audio signal and automatically turns on. The unit stays in Standby mode when there is no audio signal present.
- Trigger In/Out: The A2100 features a 12V trigger input (3.5mm) and can detect the presence of a 12vDC signal and turns on the amplifier when the signal is present and turns it off when the signal goes away. The Trigger Out (3.5mm) provides 100mA/12VDC max to drive other 12V triggered devices. When using Trigger mode, the front panel power switch must be On.
Protection Circuitry: The Russound A2100 digital stereo amplifier utilizes built-in protection circuitry to prevent the amplifier from being damaged as a result of a short-circuit or thermal overload.
- Short-Circuit Protection: The A2100 is designed with special circuitry to safeguard the amplifier under a short-circuit condition. A faulty speaker can also cause a short circuit condition. The front panel LED illuminates orange when the amplifier is in short circuit protection. If this fault condition occurs, turn off the amplifier and check speakers for short circuit conditions when appropriate.
- Thermal Overload Protection: The A2100 is designed with special circuitry to safeguard the amplifier under a thermal overload condition. Thermal protection mode can only engage when the unit has been run at high volume for extended periods of time without adequate ventilation and/or when speaker impedances are below the minimum levels for the amplifier. If this fault occurs, turn off the amplifier, and check that the speaker impedance rating is above the minimum rating. Also check for adequate ventilation around the amplifier and make adjustments if necessary. Once the unit has cooled to safe operating temperatures, the amplifier may be powered back on.
Mounting Options: The Russound A2100 amplifier can be set on a tabletop or wall-mounted with screws or hook-and-loop tape. Rack-mounting ears are included to install either one A2100 in a 1U space or two units in a 1U space.
- Tabletop-Mount: Simply place the A2100 amplifier on a horizontal flat surface with adequate ventilation on the top and all sides. Four self-adhesive rubber feet are included (the feet add approximately 0.1875" to the overall height of the amplifier).
- Wall-Mount: The amplifier comes with two wall mounting brackets and attachment screws. There are two attachment locations on each side of the amplifier for more mounting options. Hook-and-loop tape can be used as well.
- Rack-Mount: The rack mounting ears support either one or two amps in a single rack space. To install one amplifier in a rack space, use the long ear and one of the wall-mount brackets. The unit can be mounted either to the left or right side of the rack space.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Russound A2100 comes with a detachable 6' AC power terminated by a 3-prong connector. A flip-down cord lock keeps the IEC power cord in its place, preventing accidental disconnection when moving gear in a stack or when pivoting a rack for service.