About the Russound AB-3.2 Automatic Speaker Selector
A handy solution for your custom audio system
Here's a cool little problem solver: say you have a pair of in-wall speakers in your living room that you use for music with your Russound or Sonos whole-house audio system. But you also want to use that same pair of speakers as the surround channels of your home theater. The Russound AB-3.2 automatic speaker selector intelligently switches between two amplifiers, allowing you to use a single pair of speakers in two different configurations.
- rack-mountable automatic A/B speaker selector
- switch between two amplifiers playing through one pair of speakers
- automatically switches to alternate amplifier input when signal is present
- sensitivity and delay adjustments to fine-tune your installation
- removable color-coded speaker connectors
- LED indicators for power and source status
- handles up to 200 watts per channel with 8-ohm speakers (100 watts per channel with 4-ohm speakers)
- 6-1/2"W x 2"H x 1-3/4"D (including connectors)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 3699-520914
What's in the box:
- A/B Selector
- AC Power supply with attached 52" cable (Output: 12VDC / 300mA)
- Instruction manual
Russound AB-3.2 Automatic Speaker Selector reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Russound AB-3.2 Automatic Speaker Selector
Overview: The Russound AB-3.2 A/B Selector allows for automatic switching of two amplifier's outputs to a single pair of speakers. This lets you use one pair of speakers to play two different amplified sources without having to manually switch between them.
Connections: The AB-3.2 has three removable, color-coded, snap-connector blocks, accepting up to 14-gauge wire. These connectors use wire locking levers to lock the speaker wire into place.
Automatic Selection: The A/B Selector's three connector blocks consist of two inputs, Amp A and Amp B (interrupting), along with a Speaker Output block. The Amp A input is "normalized" to the Output block, but when a signal is sensed on the Amp B input, the selector will switch to that input source. When the Amp B interrupting input is no longer active, the unit automatically switches back to the Amp A input. This can also be used in conjunction with a microphone to interrupt the sound source when a paging announcement is made. A green LED indicator lights when Amp B is active.
Trigger & Delay: The Amp B interrupting input includes sensitivity adjustment dials for both Trigger and Delay settings:
- Trigger: This adjusts the volume level of the interrupting signal where switching occurs. Lower levels will decrease the Selector's sensitivity to incoming signals, while higher levels will let the Selector switch with very little signal present.
- Delay: The Delay allows you to adjust how much "silence" can occur before the interrupting input switches off. This is handy for allowing dead space between CD tracks to pass without the Selector switching back to the Amp A input.
- Power Handling:
- 8Ω Speakers: Maximum 200W
- 4Ω Speakers: Maximum 100W
- Minimum Trigger Level: 15mV
- Delay: 0 to 30 seconds
- Power Supply: 12VDC / 300mA
- Dimensions: Width - 6.50", Height - 2.0", Depth - 1.75" (incl. connectors)
- Weight: 1.4 lbs.
3 questions already asked