About the Russound A-H2
The A-H2 is a two-zone solution for small multi-room systems and an expansion piece for Russound A-BUS systems. Use the A-H2 to add two rooms of audio to an audio receiver or preamp, or connect the A-H2 to an existing A-BUS hub. It works with Russound amplified volume controls and is compatible with Russound IR (infrared) emitters.
Custom-tailored advice before and after you buy
Installing this hub usually requires you to run CAT-5 and speaker cable in your walls, unless your home is already pre-wired. Our Audio/Video Designers can help you map out the details. Plus, our tech support specialists can help you through your installation step-by-step.
- 1-source, 2-zone in-wall A-BUS distribution hub
- compatible with A-BUS keypads
- gold-plated left and right RCA inputs
- two RJ-45 ports for connecting CAT-5 cable
- uses A-PS 4-amp power supply (not included)
- 1/8" IR outputs for connecting optional IR flashers
- expansion jack connects to an A-H4 or other A-BUS single-source hub or an A-BUS-Ready stereo receiver to expand the system
- recommended accessories for installation: in-wall speaker wire and CAT-5 cable
- 6-1/2"W x 2"H x 1-1/2"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 2000-115837
What's in the box:
- A-H2 IR Surface Mount Audio Hub
- Instruction Manual
Russound A-H2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Russound A-H2
A-BUS System Overview: Instead of multi-channel amplifiers, speaker selector boxes, autoformers, impedance-matching equipment and long runs of expensive speaker wire, A-BUS audio distribution includes amplified in-wall volume controls, and wiring installation time is significantly reduced as only a single 8-connector CAT-5 wire (not included) is run to each location. Simply add A-BUS to your existing stereo/home theater system with the A-H4 4-Zone Hub and the A-BUS Amplified Controls will provide independent volume and source control to each room where an A-BUS module is installed. Each control contains a stereo amplifier rated to deliver 7.5 watts RMS per channel; the AC current to power each amplifier is delivered via the CAT-5 cable. The system also includes IR remote sensing and retransmission to let you control your components from any of the volume control locations, and included is a remote that controls the volume control itself and can be used to teach the Russound codes to IR learning remotes.
A-BUS Distribution Hub: The A-H2 is a 2-zone hub that is the A-BUS system's primary interface with your existing audio system; it can work as an add-on hub to an existing A-BUS distribution system, or it can serve as a hub for an independent system. It has stereo RCA inputs, 3.5mm mini-jacks for IR emitters, and RJ45 jacks for connecting two CAT-5 cables.
Status Feature: The Status feature provides two functions - Visually confirms when the source component is on / When the source component is turned off, all Amplified Modules will also turn off. The Status feature requires that the source component has a switched AC outlet. To enable the Status feature:
Note: When the source is on and supplying status voltage to the Hub, the Amplified Module's LED indicator will illuminate green. When the source is turned off, all Amplified Modules that are on will also turn off (the optional A-VC2 will mute)
- Move the status jumper on all Amplified Modules to the "Enabled" position
- Move the status switch on the Hub to "STATUS" position
- Using an optional Russound Model 846C 120V/12VDC or comparable adapter, connect the coaxial plug end to the STATUS input on the Hub, and plug the adapter into a switched AC outlet on the source component.
Inputs and Outputs:
- 2 RJ45 CAT-5 jacks: Communicate directly with A-KP2 amplified keypads (not included). CAT-5 cable is recommended for cable runs of not more than 250 feet. You will need to terminate your CAT-5 cable with RJ45 plugs.
- DC Power input: Accepts connection from the A-PS 4-amp power supply (required; not included). There is a red LED that illuminates when power is connected.
- DC Status input: If you intend to use the System Status feature of the A-BUS system, a Russound Model 846C Power Supply (not included) can be connected to the status input on the A-H4. The power supply should then be plugged into a switched AC receptacle, usually on the back of the audio receiver being used. There is a green LED that illuminates when a System Status Power Supply is connected and power is on.
- Expansion Input: RJ45 jack used to connect the A-H2 Hub to an A-H4s or other A-BUS single-source Hubs or an A-BUS-Ready stereo receiver in order to increase the number of zones in a system. The Link connects the Common IR, Status, and the audio source signal (note: each Hub requires its own A-PS power supply!).
- 4 Common IR Outputs: Connect the 1/8" plug from the 1584.1 Micro-Emitter (not included) to one of these jacks to send the IR signal to your source components. If you use three additional 1584.1 Micro-Emitters (not included), you can control up to 8 IR-controlled devices. There is a red LED to confirm when IR commands are received.
- Audio In: Left & Right gold-plated RCA jacks accept a line-level signal from your source component. Although the A-H2 has only 1 audio input, it can be connected to multiple audio sources via the Tape 2 or Zone 2 output of a stereo or home theater receiver. Connecting to a receiver gives the A-H2 access to any audio source connected to that receiver. Alternatively, a single audio source can be connected directly to the A-H2.
- Power Supply: A-PS (24VDC/4A)
- Status Power: 12VDC/100mA
- Keypad Connection: RJ-45 T568A Standard
- Link Connection: RJ-45 T568A Standard
- Emitter Connections: 1/8" Male. Tip (+), sleeve (-)
- Dimensions: 6.5" wide x 2" high x 1.5" deep (including all protrusions)
1 question already asked