About the Russound A-H484
The A-484 is a multi-source, multi-zone distribution hub based on Russound's A-BUS multi-room audio system. It lets you access multiple audio sources and enjoy your favorite tunes all over your house — in as many as eight additional listening areas. Add Russound amplified keypads in each of your rooms to select your music source, control playback, and adjust volume. The keypads connect to the hub via CAT-5 cable. Mount the A-H484 near your equipment (it also fits in many structured wiring distribution panels).
- 4-source, 4-zone, 8-room surface-mount A-BUS distribution hub
- compatible with A-BUS amplified keypads
- four sets of gold-plated stereo RCA inputs
- eight RJ-45 ports for connecting keypads using CAT-5 cable
- RJ-45 ports connect to other A-BUS hubs for system expansion
- works with A-LRC2 remote control (not included)
- uses A-PS 4-amp power supply (not included)
- note: each set of four output jacks requires its own power supply
- four IR outputs for controlling source components
- 12-volt trigger output
- 6-1/2"W x 5-3/16"H x 1-7/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 2000-115882
What's in the box:
- A-H484 Multi-Source/Multi-Zone Audio Hub
- Instruction Manual
Russound A-H484 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Russound A-H484
A-BUS System Overview: Instead of multi-channel amplifiers, speaker selector boxes, autoformers, impedance-matching equipment and long runs of expensive speaker wire, A-BUS audio distribution includes amplified in-wall volume controls, and wiring installation time is significantly reduced as only a single 8-connector CAT-5 wire (not included) is run to each location. Simply add A-BUS to your existing stereo/home theater system with the A-H484 Multi-Source/Multi-Zone Hub and the A-BUS A-KP2 Amplified Controls (not included) will provide independent volume and source control to each room where an A-BUS module is installed. Each control contains a stereo amplifier rated to deliver 7.5 watts RMS per channel; the AC current to power each amplifier is delivered via the CAT-5 cable. The system also includes IR remote sensing and retransmission to let you control your components from any of the volume control locations.
A-BUS Distribution Hub: : Used as a stand-alone hub, the A-H484 is the system's primary interface with your existing system; all components of the A-BUS system must be wired to this component. It can also be used as an add-on hub to expand your existing A-BUS system. This is a 4-zone, 8-room, 4-source Hub. Used with IR-repeating Amplified Modules (A-KP2, not included) and the A-LRC-1 remote (not included), the A-H484 allows each of 4 zones to independently select any of 4 sources. Each of the 4 zones can support 2 Modules, making it possible to create an 8-room system. Includes 4 stereo RCA inputs, jacks for IR emitters, and RJ45 jacks for connecting eight CAT-5 cables. It also includes Link In/Out RJ45 jacks for system expansion.
Inputs and Outputs:
- 2 sets of 4 RJ45 CAT-5 coupled zone outputs: Each of the 4 zone outputs can support 2 Amplified Modules (not included) connected via CAT-5 cable. CAT-5 cable is required for cable runs of not more than 250 feet. You will need to terminate your CAT-5 cable with RJ45 plugs.
- DC Power inputs (2): Accepts the A-PS 4-amp power supply (not included). There are two power supply inputs - one for the four "A" keypads, and one for the four "B" keypads. If you are using only the "A" or "B" keypad outputs, you only need one power supply. If any keypads are hooked up to either "A" or "B" outputs, you will need a power supply for that output. When an A-PS is providing power, the A-H484's SYSTEM ON LED will illuminate.
- Link In/Link Out: Dual RJ45 jacks used to connect the A-H484 Hub to additional A-BUS single-source Hubs or an A-BUS-Ready stereo receiver in order to increase the number of zones in a system. The Link connects the Common IR, Status, and the audio source signal (note: each Hub requires its own A-PS power supply!). The Link Out can also be used to directly connect just one additional Amplified Module.
- 4 Routed Common IR Outputs: When a source is selected from a zone, the IR signal received through the zone's Module is routed exclusively to that source via the A-H484's routed IR outputs. This allows the use of multiple sources of the same brand (for example, two identical DBS units). The Common IR output sends out all IR signals and can be used with an IR flasher that blankets all source components. Connect the 1/8" plug from the 1584.1 or 845.1 Micro-Emitter (not included) to one of these jacks to send the IR signal to your source components. If you use four 1584.1 Micro-Emitters (not included), you can control up to 8 IR-controlled devices. There is a red LED to confirm when IR commands are received.
- Audio In: 4 pairs Left & Right gold-plated RCA jacks accept line-level signals from up to four source components. If the sources are connected to an existing home theater system, you can share them with the A-H484 by splitting their audio outputs with "Y" connectors (not included).
- 12-Volt Trigger Output: The trigger output can be used to control a switched AC outlet, such as the Russound ACT-1 (not included), to turn power on and off to source equipment. The trigger voltage is sent when any zone in the system is turned on.
- Power Supply: A-PS (24VDC/4A). Not Included. One is required for each bank of outputs.
- Trigger Output: 12VDC/100mA. 1/8" male; Tip(+), sleeve (-)
- Keypad Connection: RJ-45 T568A Standard
- Link Connection: RJ-45 T568A Standard
- Emitter Connections: 1/8" Male. Tip (+), sleeve (-)
- Dimensions: 6.5" wide x 5.14" high x 1.83" deep (including all protrusions)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked