About the Russound ALT-126R
Convenient volume control
Convenient volume control
Russound puts control of your in-wall and in-ceiling speakers at your fingertips. The ALT-126R in-wall volume control offers easy operation as well as built-in impedance-matching circuitry that makes it easier to outfit several rooms with speakers. The handy front-mounted selector switch saves you time whenever a system configuration needs to be changed, like when you add more speakers.
Safely connect multiple pairs of speakers
You can use up to eight of these impedance-matching stereo volume controls to safely drive up to eight pairs of speakers with a typical receiver or amplifier. You won't even need any additional speaker selector or protection device. For connecting up to eight volume controls neatly and conveniently, use Russound's EZB-8 modular expansion unit.
- connect up to 8 pairs of speakers to a single 8-ohm-rated stereo amplifier (requires 1 volume control per speaker pair)
- power handling: 42 watts RMS per channel (126 watts peak)
- adjustable impedance magnification (1x, 2x, 4x, and 8x) with easy-to-use, front-mounted selection switch
- 4-ohm amp: up to 16 pairs of 8-ohm speakers or 8 pairs of 4-ohm speakers
- 8-ohm amp: up to 8 pairs of 8-ohm speakers or 4 pairs of 4-ohm speakers
- pop-free 12-step control, 48dB maximum attenuation
- meets applicable UL® and CSA® standards for a safe, worry-free installation
- removable high-grade screw-down terminal connectors accommodate up to 12-gauge wire
- installs in your wall with a standard single-gang electrical box (not included)
- includes two colors of Decora® style wall plates and knobs: white and light almond
- 2-3/4"W x 4-1/2"H x 3-7/16"D
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 6100-536281
What's in the box:
- ALTx-2 in-wall volume control
- White wall plate
- Almond wall plate
- White volume knob
- Almond volume knob
- 2 Speaker screw terminals
- 2 Volume control installation screws (M3 x 20mm)
- 2 White painted wall plate screws (M3 x 10mm)
- 2 Almond painted wall plate screws (M3 x 10mm)
- Installation Manual
Russound ALT-126R reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Russound ALT-126R
In-Wall Volume Control: The Russound ALT-126R is an in-wall volume control that fits into a standard single-gang junction box. It comes with wall plates and volume knobs in white and almond.
Ultra-Match Technology: The ALT-126R's Ultra-Match technology allows you to easily match the load of multiple speakers to the amplifier impedance without the need for a speaker selector or other impedance-matching equipment. It provides impedance matching for up to 16 pairs of speakers per system.
Note: To access the the impedance switch, remove knob and front plate. The front plate is attached to the frame with 4 tabs, use caution to push the tabs out of the frame.
Performance: This in-wall volume control is designed to handle up to 42 watts RMS and 126-watts peak power. The built-in precision autoformers produce high-fidelity sound with excellent frequency response (20Hz - 20kHz, +1.0/-0.5 dB at rated power). It provides maximum power transfer from the amplifier to the speakers without heat buildup.
Volume Knob: The ALT-126R has a simple clean design with a simple knob and standard wall plate. The knob has 11 steps of volume, plus an off position. The volume control provides a total of 48 dB attenuation.
Connections: The volume control has two 4-pole screw terminal blocks, one for the input from the amplifier, and one for the output to a pair of speakers. The terminals allow you to connect up to 12-gauge speaker wire. The terminals can be unplugged from the volume control for easier wiring.
Speaker Wire Recommendations: For most applications, stranded 16-gauge speaker wire is recommended. For runs of over 100', 14-gauge is recommended, while 12-gauge is recommended for runs of up to 200'.
Amplifier Power Ratings: The amplifier should provide a minimum of 20 watts per channel RMS for each pair of speakers connected.
Speaker Impedance: The ALT-126R is designed for speakers with impedances of 4, 6, or 8 ohms.
EZB Connecting Blocks: When connecting multiple pairs of speakers to the system, you will need a Russound EZB-8 (sold separately) connecting block. The EZB-8 can connect up to 8 volume controls to the amplifier's output.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
6 questions already asked