About the Russound BSK-1
Stream Bluetooth to any room of your home
Owners of Russound multi-room audio systems know how much fun it is to listen to music around the house. Now you can add Bluetooth wireless streaming to your custom-installed multi-room system with the BSK-1 source kit.
This transmitter and receiver combo lets you play music from your Bluetooth-enabled phone, tablet, or computer. It's a great way for family members or guests to stream music from their device without needing a Wi-Fi® connection or special software.
How it works
Locate the BSK-1 transmitter in your bedroom, living room, or other space where you'll use your paired device. The transmitter sends signal to the receiver via bulk Ethernet cable up to 300 feet away.
The receiver connects to your audio system via RCA stereo patch cables. Support for aptX® audio ensures high-quality streams from compatible devices.
- transmitter and receiver kit for adding Bluetooth streaming to a custom-installed multi-room audio system
- stream music from your phone, tablet, computer, or other Bluetooth-enabled device
- aptX audio encoding for high-quality streaming from compatible devices
- transmitter sends signal to the receiver via bulk Ethernet cable up to 300 feet away
- receiver connects to your audio system via RCA stereo patch cables
- 12-volt trigger input and output
- transmitter dimensions: 2-3/4" W x 1"H x 2-1/2" D
- transmitter weight: 3.1 oz.
- receiver dimensions: 4-13/16" W x 1-1/2" H x 2" D
- receiver weight: 7.3 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 2460-533778
What's in the box:
- BTC-1X Bluetooth transceiver
- BTC-1 Bluetooth terminator box
- 40" Stereo RCA cable
- 14" USB Cable (Type-A to micro-B)
- 39" 3.5mm mono cable (male on both ends)
- AC Power supply w/attached 6' DC cable (12VDC/300mA output)
- Instruction manual
- Bluetooth passkey warning note
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Russound BSK-1
Overview: The Russound BSK-1 Bluetooth Source Kit lets you wirelessly stream music from a smartphone, tablet, portable media player, or other Bluetooth audio playback device, to an audio receiver or amplifier (sold separately). The BSK-1 supports the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP), as well as aptX encoding, providing enhanced CD quality audio streaming from supported devices. The BSK-1 has a Bluetooth reception range of up to 50'.
- The BSK-1 Kit is for Bluetooth audio streaming only, hands-free phone calls are not supported.
- A CAT-5/6 cable is required for connection and must be purchased separately.
Components: The Russound BSK-1 Bluetooth Source Kit is comprised of two parts - a BTC-1X Transceiver and a BTC-1 Termination Box.
- BTC-1X Transceiver: This compact module provides the Bluetooth wireless connection to your playback device, with up to 50' of wireless range. The BTC-1X gets connected to the BTC-1 Termination Box via a CAT-5 cable (sold separately), carrying both the audio signal as well as power from the BTC-1 module. A Power LED will light green when receiving power from the BTC-1 Termination Box. A micro-B USB port is provided for connecting to a PC for accessing programming options using the BTC-1X Configuration Software found here. The CAT-5 connection between the two modules can be up to 300' in length.
- BTC-1 Termination Box: Includes an Ethernet port (RJ-45) for the CAT-5 connection to the BTC-1X module. A pair of RCA connections provides the stereo audio output for running to an amplifier or receiver for playback. Two mono 3.5mm ports provide both a +12VDC/100mA Trigger Input and Output, allowing the BTC-1 to activate or be activated by a compatible receiver, such as a Russound MCA-66 or MCA-88 multi-zone receiver. The BTC-1 Termination Box also includes a +12VDC/300mA power input for connecting the included power supply. This provides power for both connected modules.
Pairing: The BSK-1 Bluetooth Source Kit can easily pair to a Bluetooth playback device right out of the box, with a single tap for device Pairing confirmation.
Note: Since the implementation of Bluetooth 3.0 in the BSK-1 Bluetooth Source Kit, you can configure your own Bluetooth Name, but creating a Passkey is not available.
- Frequency Range: 2.400-2.483GHz
- Connection: RJ-45 (T568A Standard)
- BTC-1 Termination Box: +12VDC/300mA power supply
- BTC-1X Transceiver: Powered by BTC-1 via CAT-5/6 connection
- Maximum Cable Length (CAT-5): 300'
- Maximum Bluetooth Range: 50'
- BTC-1: W = 4.80", H = 1.50", D = 2.0"
- BTC-1X: W = 2.75". H = 1.05", D = 2.20
- BTC-1: 7.3 oz.
- BTC-1X: 3.1 oz.