About the Russound CAA66L Controller Kit
Play music in any room of your house
Play music in any room of your house
Enjoy music throughout your home with Russound's CAA66L multi-room music system. This package lets you connect as many as six audio sources, like Internet music streamers, CD changers, audio/video receivers, and satellite radio tuners, and listen to them in six different areas of your house. Play classical music in the upstairs bedroom, salsa in the kitchen, rock in the living room, and jazz on the patio. Or play the same source simultaneously throughout the house. The included LCD keypads provide easy control and information display for your system. The powerful 12-channel amplifier delivers clean, clear music playback in each of your rooms.
In-wall keypads let you run the show
This package includes six keypads that let you control playback in your different listening rooms. Each LCD display panel provides controls for power, source selection, volume, bass, treble, and balance. The keypads also feature a built-in IR (infrared) sensor, so you can use the included wireless remote to control playback from across the room. The remote allows you to turn the entire system on or off with the press of a button, and you can program it to operate your audio source components.
Installing this system requires you to run wires in your walls, unless your home is already wired with Ethernet cable and speaker wire.
Want to listen to your music in more than six rooms? By adding extra controller/amplifiers, keypads, and optional hardware, you can distribute music to up to 36 areas of your home. Standard single-gang junction boxes and Decora-style wall plates are needed for the installation of keypads.
- distributes music from up to six sources to as many as six listening areas in your home
- system includes: one CAA66 controller/amplifier, six KPL in-wall keypads, and one SRC1 system remote control
- expandable up to 36 zones with additional components and keypads
- recommended accessories for installation: Decora-style wall plates, in-wall speaker wire and CAT-5e cable
- 6 RCA stereo inputs for connecting source components
- 6 pairs of speaker connectors
- 20 watts RMS per channel x 12 into 8 ohms
- 6 RJ-45 ports connect to in-wall keypads using CAT-5 or CAT-5e cable
- RS-232 port for integrating a third-party home automation system
- 6 IR outputs (2 dual infrared emitters included)
- audio line outputs (switchable fixed/variable) for connecting external amplifiers or local audio systems in zones 1 and 2
- mute trigger allows you to connect an external paging system or doorbell
- wireless system remote operates connected audio components through IR sensor on system keypads
- 17"W x 3-15/16"H x 12-15/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
CAA66 KPL Keypad:
- easy-to-use buttons with visual feedback for simple multi-room control
- features a 5-character LCD panel with volume and status indication
- includes programmable source names for personalizing system
- controls include on/off, volume up/down, source select, and audio/tone adjustments
- backlit with amber illumination
- includes a built-in IR receiver with pass-through
- installs in wall in a single-gang electrical box
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1210-528347
What's in the box:
- Controller-Amplifier (CAA66)
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (URSC)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Six 8' IR emitters (845.1)
- 6 Keypads (KPL)
- 6 White keypad control covers (installed on keypad)
- 6 Bone keypad control covers
- 12 Keypad screws
- 2 Rack-mount ears
- 8 Rack-mount screws
- Punchdown tool
- Installation Manual
- Remote Control Manual
- Keypad Instructions
More details on the Russound CAA66L Controller Kit
Controller Amplifier System Kit: The Russound CAA66L is a multiroom control and amplifier system. This system kit includes a CAA66 Controller-Amplifier, six KP6 keypads, a universal remote (USRC), and six 845.1 emitters. The CAA66 caters to homeowners who want more control over their multiroom systems with such capabilities as infrared (IR) tools to manage the system from anywhere in the house. More source inputs, simplified programming and user adjustable sound controls make listening to music throughout the home easier than ever.
Note: The CAA66L cannot be used in conjunction with Russound's CAS44 systems.
Six Source/Six Zones: The Russound CAA66L allows you to connect up to six sources and deliver these sources to any one of six zones for sharing music throughout the home. The CAA66L system supports up to 36 zones by connecting multiple CAA66 units (sold separately), to make whole-house audio available to larger homes.
Controller-Amplifier (CAA66): At the heart of the Russound CAA66L multiroom audio system is the CAA66 controller-amplifier. It can deliver music from any of six sources to six different zones. The ultra-efficient Class D amplifier outputs 20-watts x 12-channels into 8-ohms. You can control the source components from any zone by a single common infrared (IR) emitter and individual emitters routed to each component or from the six external keypads connected via CAT-5.
- Six Stereo RCA Inputs: The CAA66 supports up to six audio sources via its six stereo analog RCA input jacks on the rear-panel.
- Seven IR Ports: Each source component has a designated IR port (3.5mm) on the back of the CAA66 to plug in the included six IR emitters. There is also a Common IR jack on the rear of the CAA66 which allows control of any source equipment without that source being selected on the keypad.
- Six Keypad Ports: The six Keypad Ports are located on the back of the CAA66. Connections at the Keypad Ports are made with RJ-45 connectors using T568A CAT-5 wire configuration.
- Six Pair of Speaker Terminals: Up to six pair of speakers can be connected to the CAA66 using the modular snap connectors on back of the unit. An 8-hm minimum speaker is required for each amplified output. Each of these color-coded connectors is designated for the speaker set of a particular amplified zone. Standard 16-gauge/4-conductor stranded speaker wire can be run up to 125', while 14-gauge/4-conductor wire can be run up to 250'.
- Fixed/Variable Audio Outputs: The CAA66 has two line Audio outputs, on Zone 1 and Zone 2. Each of these zone audio output connections features a stereo line out RCA connection plus a switch to allow for either a fixed or a variable line level output.
- Controller Link In/Out: The Controller Link In and Link Out can be used to connect up to six CAA66 controllers. The connection is made using a CAT-5 patch cable from the Link Out of the master CAA66 and into the Link In of the next controller. Along with data signals, the Controller Link In and Link Out jack passes the six source IR signals.
Keypads (KPL): The CAA66L multiroom control and amplifier system comes with six of Russound's KPLKeypads. These keypads can be mounted in the remote zones, giving you local control of that zone.
- Display: The keypad's 5-line LCD display shows audio adjustments as they're made, volume, system status information, and the current source. There are over 100 pre-loaded source names available; you program the ones that match your source components.
- Controls: Basic functions are easily controlled by the keypad; power, source selection, volume (0-100 in steps of 2), bass (-10 to +10), treble (-10 to +10), loudness (on/off), and balance (left/right). You can also specify the zone's default turn-on volume. The entire system (all zones) can be turned off from any keypad. A receiver on the face of the keypad relays IR remote commands to the CAA66L, giving you more complete control of the system using an IR remote control.
- Mounting: The Decora style keypad mounts in a standard single-gang electrical box. Out of the box a white insert is installed on the keypad. An almond colored replacement insert is also included. No Decora cover plate is included (sold separately).
Remote Control (USRC): The included universal remote control (URSC) operates any of the programmed system sources and up to three local devices such as a TV or home theater receiver. The USRC also includes a large library of IR device codes (compatible with most manufacturers' products) for simplified system setup. It also has command learning capability for other devices and unique functions. With an easy to use layout of commonly used source control buttons to quickly access music, the USRC is an ideal option for system control.
- Page Up/ Page Down keys along with standard cursor keys support on-screen menu navigation.
- Discrete source keys allow selection of sources on the Russound systems without needing to scroll through a list.
IR Emitters (845.1): The CAA66L multiroom control and amplifier system comes with six IR emitters. The emitters plug into the back of the CAA66 and then get placed over your source component's IR window.
RS232 Port: The RS232 port enables integration with home control or home security system, allowing a valuable addition to any automated home.
12V Triggers: The CAA66L multiroom system is fitted with 12V trigger input and output.
- Mute Input: When 12 volts DC is applied to this 3.5mm minijack the system will mute the speakers in all four zones; this might connect to a doorbell or paging system.
- Output: When any zone is turned on 12 volts DC is output from this 3.5mm minijack; this can trigger an external amp or source component to turn on. The output is turned off 5 minutes after the last zone is turned off.
Programming Center: The CAA66L and its connected sources are configured through the Programming Center, located on the front of the CAA66 behind the removable lower panel. The LEDs are dual purpose with different colors to indicate different modes. The CAA66 has two main programming modes - Controller Setup Mode and Source Setup Mode.
Mounting Options: The CAA66 controller-amplifier can be simply placed on a flat table-top surface. The unit can also be rack-mounted using the included hardware.
Power Requirements: It is recommended that the CAA66 and the source equipment be plugged into a dedicated 20-amp circuit with an isolated ground. A power line conditioner can reduce interference problems caused by noise found in some electrical systems.
Tools Needed For Installation:
- Drill with a 1/2" x 6" drill bit
- Keyhole saw
- Flat head screwdriver (medium size)
- Phillips Screwdriver (cordless recommended)
- 110 punchdown tool (included)
- Modular RJ-45 crimper and connectors
- Pair of diagonal cutters or wire strippers
- Stud finder
- Steel wire fish tape
- Cable staples
- Single-gang electrical work boxes
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked