Russound D1650 (factory refurbished)
16-channel multi-room power amplifier
Our take on the Russound D1650 (factory refurbished) by Crutchfield's James Ralston
Save on this factory refurbished multichannel power amp
This factory refurbished version of Russound's D1650 amplifier saves you some money, and it comes complete with a two-year factory warranty. This amp offers versatile multi-room flexibility and plenty of power when and where you need it. Enjoy clear stereo sound in eight rooms, or combine two channels into one to give your speakers more juice — a great option for power-hungry outdoor speakers. The D1650 uses a high-efficiency Class D amplifier design for cool operation, reduced weight, and clean, undistorted sound even at high listening volumes.
More flexible options for enjoying music throughout your home
The D1650 can distribute music from one audio source, such as a networked music streamer, to multiple rooms in your home. Or you can connect up to eight separate sources and play a different one in each listening room. Each of the amplifier's playback "zones" features independent left- and right-channel gain controls so you can adjust its output to fine-tune the levels of each speaker in your system. For music playback in more than eight rooms, you can daisy-chain multiple Russound amplifiers together.
- 16-channel amplifier with 8 independent playback zones
- power output:
- 50 watts RMS per channel at 8 ohms (1 kHz, two channels driven)
- 80 watts RMS per channel at 4 ohms (1 kHz, two channels driven)
- 160 watts RMS per channel at 8 ohms (1 kHz, bridged)
- high-efficiency, cool running Class D amplification
- frequency response: 20-20,00 Hz (+1.7/-1dB at 1 watt output into 8 ohms)
- signal-to-noise ratio: greater than 90 dB
- 8 stereo RCA audio inputs, one for each zone
- stereo RCA global bus input for distributing a single audio source among multiple amplifier channels of your choice
- Independent trigger input/output for each zone
- audio signal sensing with auto-switching delay settings per zone
- global trigger input/output
- cascade bus input/output for "daisy-chaining" additional amplifiers
- independent gain adjustment for each channel allows volume fine tuning and maximum volume level settings for each zone
- protection circuit provides safe and reliable operation for each amplifier output channel under extreme conditions
- detachable speaker terminals support up to 14-gauge wire
- removable AC power cord
- rack mountable chassis (rack mount ears included)
- weight: 19 lbs.
- 16-7/8"W x 3-1/2"H x 16-3/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Please note: The manufacturer uses generic packaging for this refurbished item
What's in the Box:
- Refurbished 16-channel amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- 2 Rack-mount brackets (pre-installed)
- Installation Manual
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
16-Channel/8-Zone Amplifier: The Russound D1650 digital multichannel amplifier offers the features custom installation professionals demand while offering a lighter weight, smaller chassis and more efficient Class D power. The feature-rich design of the D1650 is ideal for the demands of distributed audio systems and is also compatible with our Russound volume controls. The D1650's sixteen channels are arranged in stereo pairs to provide discreet amplification and custom configurations for each of eight zones.
System Configuration: The Russound D1650 can be configured as the main amplifier for an audio distribution system or home theater system.
- Distributed Audio: When used with an audio distribution preamp, each zone can independently drive one of several different sources by using each zone's individual line audio inputs, or a pair of zones can be bridged to create a higher powered zone.
- Home Theater Application: The D-Series amp is even up to the rigorous demands of home theater applications, easily transforming into a powerful 160 watt x 8 channel amplifier (in bridged mode). You can also choose to individually un-bridge pairs for lower power applications such as Dolby Atmos or surround speakers. As an example, you could run a Dolby Atmos 7.1.2 system at 7 channels @ 160W and 2 channels @ 50W. Or, the remaining zone can be used for powering an additional area such as an outdoor zone.
Bridged Mode: When the amplifier is in Bridged mode operation, both the left and right channels are combined for a higher power mono output. In bridged mono mode, both channels in any zone become a robust mono output delivering 160 watts of power into an 8Ω load.
Ultra-Low Distortion: Ultra-low distortion output (relatively unheard of in other multi-zone amplifiers) allows for clean, undistorted audio even at high listening volumes.
Auto Sensing Zone Inputs w/ Independent Control: Each zone of the amplifier features a stereo RCA input. These line-level inputs are auto-sensing and will activate when an audio signal from a source is present. Each Zone input offers independent gain control for the left and right RCA channel. When used in Bridged Mode, only the left gain is used.
Bus Input & Output: The bus line input is a stereo RCA input that can be used to connect a single source to multiple zones. The bus line output is a stereo RCA output that allows passive passthrough of the Bus Input and can be used to daisy chain the source to other amplifiers in the system.
Speaker Outputs: The Russound D1650 multichannel amplifier is fitted with phoenix-style speaker connectors. The minimum speaker impedance is 4Ω for Stereo Mode and 8Ω for Bridge Mode.
Trigger Inputs/Outputs: The Russound multiroom amplifier features Zone 12V trigger inputs/outputs (3.5mm) and Bus 12V trigger inputs/outputs (3.5mm) for added convenience.
- Zone 12V Triggers: The Zone 12V Trigger In is used to activate a specific zone. The Zone Trigger Out can be used to trigger other 12V devices. The delay and audio sensing are bypassed when the 12V Zone Trigger Input is used.
- Bus 12V Triggers: The Bus 12VDC Trigger In is used to activate all zones that are using the Bus Input and disables other zone triggers or signal sensing on those zones when it is used. If the Bus Trigger In has 12V applied to it, only the 12V Bus Trigger Out will have 12V and the Zone Trigger Outputs will not.
Zero Hum: Advanced triggering options allow the amps to operate on demand. Apart from the obvious energy efficiency, there is no amplifier hum on your speakers when the system isn't in use.
Zone Indicator LEDs: The eight LEDs on the unit's front-panel correspond to the D1650's eight stereo zone amplifiers. The LEDs will illuminate blue when the amplifier power is on and a zone is active. The LEDs do not illuminate when a zone is off.
Protection Circuitry: A robust protection circuit provides efficient, safe and reliable operation under extreme conditions and protects each amplifier output channel. Russound's resilient protection circuit maintains safe and dependable operation in maximum performance conditions.
- Thermal Protection: The amplifier is designed with special circuitry to safeguard the amplifier under a thermal overload condition. Thermal protection mode can only engage when the unit has been run at high volume for extended periods of time without adequate ventilation and/or when speaker impedances are below the minimum levels for the amplifier.
- Short Circuit Protection: The Russound amplifier is also designed with special circuitry to safeguard the amplifier under a short-circuit condition. A faulty speaker can also cause a short circuit condition. The Zone LED will blink rapidly between Red and Blue when the Zone is in short circuit protection.
Note: The amplifier will auto-correct itself when the trouble condition has been removed. The amplifier will then resume normal operation.
Auto Standby: The amplifier will go into Standby mode when audio signal or trigger is not present, and after the minimum delay time has timed out. The amplifier consumes 0.5 Watt or less current while in standby power mode. Standby delay can be adjusted to either 5 seconds, 5 minutes, or 10 minutes by using the DIP switches on the rear panel. This delay is selectable per zone. When an audio signal is not present, the amplifier will automatically go into standby mode after the preset period of time.
Rack Mountable: The multichannel power amplifier includes a
set of rack ears for rack mounting applications. The amplifier will take two rack
spaces with the feet removed.
Optional Volume Controls: The D1650 amplifier has been tested to work with all Russound autoformer-based volume controls (sold separately).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.