About the Russound D250LS
A smart solution for integrating multi-room audio with another source
A smart solution for integrating multi-room audio with another source
The Russound D250LS is more than just a simple two-channel power amp. It's designed for use with multiple sources across more than one room. It has speaker-level inputs for default and secondary sources as well as line-level inputs for a TV or computer. This amp is great for use with a multi-room music system while allowing you to override multi-room output in a single room with a local source.
For instance, let's say you have a home theater receiver with speaker-level outputs for a second zone. You could run speaker wire from the receiver directly to stereo speakers in your bedroom. That's great, but what about when you want to watch TV? The D250LS lets you use those same speakers for your TV as well. You can connect your receiver to the default speaker-level inputs on the back of this amp. Whenever you activate Zone 2 on your receiver, the amp will power on and you'll enjoy music in your bedroom. Then, you connect your TV's audio/video outputs to the amp, which will detect your TV's signal and switch the speakers to the TV automatically. When you turn off the TV, the amp will switch back to the default inputs. The timing of the switch can be customized with the rear-panel delay knob.
Bridged mono mode for more power
The Russound D250LS can power one or two pairs of speakers. Use it in stereo mode, or you can add a second amp and bridge them for a more powerful dual-mono setup. This amp's low-profile design makes it easy to place in a room where space is tight. Place it on a shelf or stand, mount it on the wall, or rack mount one or multiple units with the included hardware.
- 50 watts per channel into 8 ohms (1,000 Hz) at 0.3% THD with 2 channels driven
- 75 watts per channel into 4 ohms
- bridged mono mode delivers 150 watts x 1 into 8 ohms
- robust protection circuitry
- primary and secondary speaker-level inputs with automatic source switching
- "default in" for integrating a whole-house system
- "amplified in" switches on when a signal from a local source is detected
- sensing inputs activate the amplifier when a signal is detected
- 1 pair of analog stereo RCA inputs
- 1 composite video input activates amp when TV signal is present
- two pairs of speaker outputs (A and B); 8-ohm minimum impedance for driving two pairs of speakers
- delay control (5 seconds to 4.5 minutes) determines when amp switches to default input with absence of secondary input signal
- independent left and right gain controls
- space-saving low-profile design
- total harmonic distortion: less than 0.3% (20-20,000Hz into 8 ohms at 50 watts per channel)
- 12-volt trigger in/out
- rack- or wall-mountable with included hardware (rack-mount ears, wall brackets, and attachment screws)
- detachable power cable
- 8-1/2"W x 1-3/4"H x 10-1/2"D
- weight: 4.65 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 2800-533280
What's in the box:
- Stereo amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Long bracket
- 2 Short brackets
- Bracket plate
- 6 pan-head machine screws
- 5 Counter-sunk machine screws
- Installation Manual
Russound D250LS reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Russound D250LS
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||2|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||50|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||75|
|Bridged Power per Channel||150 watts|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||2|
50W x 2Ch Amplifier (Bridgeable): The Russound D250LS is rated at 50 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 75 watts per channel into 4 ohms. With the Stereo/Bridge Mono switch in the Bridge Mono position, both amplifier channels are combined for a higher powered mono output. In bridged mode the D250LS is rated at 150 watts of power into a single 8-ohm load. Each amplifier output channel incorporates robust thermal and short circuit protection for safety and reliability under extreme circumstances.
Automatic Local Switching: The D250LS allows a local source (example: TV in the bedroom) to automatically override the speakers in that particular zone of a distributed audio system. This can be accomplished with signal sensing for high and low level inputs, video signal and 12V trigger options for versatility in many different applications. A switching delay is also provided for maximum flexibility.
High-Level & Low-Level Inputs: The Russound D250LS amplifier provides high-level (speaker) and low-level (RCA) inputs. There are 4 screw-type speaker terminals and 2 female RCA jacks. Both are signal sensing.
Default Input: The Default Input is a high-level, pass-through input for whole-house audio systems. If no signal is input to the low-level or high-level inputs, then the "Default" input's audio will be output from the amplifier's speaker A & B terminals.
Speaker Outputs: The Russound D250LS features eight screw-type speaker terminals for connecting up to 4 loudspeakers. The speaker outputs are in parallel to the amplifier output. The minimum load in stereo mode is 4 ohms; this can be used to drive up to two pairs of 8 ohm speakers or 1 pair of 4 ohms speakers. The minimum load impedance for bridge mode operating is 8 ohms.
- The speaker outputs don't have independent on/off switching.
- Left & Right gain controls independently adjust the sound level for each channel. When used in the bridge mode, only the Left control is used.
12V Trigger In/Out: The 12 Trigger Input controls the amplifier switching from the default input (distributed audio system) to a local source. Trigger Output can be used to drive other 12V trigger device; it provides 100mA 12V max. The delay and audio sensing are bypassed when the 12V trigger input is used.
Muting Delay: Muting delay can be adjusted from approximately 5 seconds to 4.5 minutes. When an audio signal is not present, this delay setting will automatically switch the amp to the "Default" input mode after the preset period of time.
Mounting Options: The D250LS comes with hardware that allows for several installation options. It can be wall-mounted, placed on a shelf, or mounted in a 1U rack space. Because of its compact design, two amplifiers can be rack-mounted side-by-side.
Protection Circuitry: The Russound D250LS features integrated protection circuitry to protect against over heating and short circuiting.
- Thermal Protection: The amplifier is designed with special circuitry to safeguard the amp under a thermal overload condition. Thermal protection mode can only engage when the unit has been run at high volume for extended periods of time without adequate ventilation and/or when speaker impedances are below the minimum levels for the amplifier. If this fault occurs, turn off the amp and check that the speaker impedance rating is above minimum rating. Also check for adequate ventilation around the amp and make adjustments if necessary. Once the unit has cooled to safe operating temperature, the amplifier may be powered back on.
- Short Circuit Protection: The Russound stereo amplifier is designed with special circuitry to safeguard the amplifier under a short-circuit condition. A faulty speaker wire can also cause a short circuit condition. If this fault condition occurs, turn off the amplifier and check speakers for short circuit.
8 questions already asked