About the Russound SaphIR IRJ-4 Extender Kit
The SaphIR IRJ-4 extender kit from Russound gives you easy control over your audio/video system, even if your gear is placed out of sight in a cabinet or closet. It includes everything you need to set up a complete IR (infrared) repeater system and control up to four A/V components:
- Wall-mountable IR receiver — Mount this small sensor in a convenient spot, like next to your TV. It receives the IR commands from your remote control and sends them to the IR hub connecting block.
- IR connecting block — This hub accepts incoming IR signals and passes them on to your audio/video components via the included emitters.
- Four IR emitters — Infrared light-emitting devices that carry IR commands from the 857 connecting block to your audio/video gear.
- Power supply — This 12 volt plug-in AC adapter provides power for the system.
- complete IR repeater system
- controls up to 4 audio/video components with included IR emitters
- SaphIR 857 connecting block hub can accommodate up to two additional IR emitters for controlling as many as 6 components
- CFL-friendly design works in most lighting environments
- 860 Phantom IR receiver features blue IR confirmation LED (defeatable)
- works with most popular brands of audio/video remotes
- includes 860 Phantom IR receiver, 857 Infrared connecting block hub, four 845.1 IR emitters, and 12 volt plug-in AC power supply
- warranty: 10 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # IRJ4
What's in the box:
- Surface-mount IR receiver (860)
- IR connecting block (857)
- 4 IR emitters (845.1)
- AC power supply (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- Connector block
- 6 Screws
- 3M tape
- Instruction Manual
- Installation Manual
Russound SaphIR IRJ-4 Extender Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Russound SaphIR IRJ-4 Extender Kit
IR Extender Kit: The Russound SaphIR Extender Kit (IRJ-4) includes one surface-mount IR receiver, one infrared connecting block, and four IR micro-emitters. Russound's SaphIR extender kit provides a window from your handheld IR remote to your audio/video equipment out of the line of sight, whether located in a different room or enclosed in cabinetry.
Surface-Mount IR Receiver: The included surface-mount IR receiver can be located almost anywhere. It compact design blends unobtrusively, allowing placement where you need it. With wideband sensitivity and wide-angle reception, the surface-mount IR receiver reliably accepts commands from most IR remote controls. It also provides excellent rejection of interference form IR sources like compact fluorescent lights. A blue LED provides clear visual confirmation when receiving IR signals.
Connecting Block: The extender kit's connecting block makes it easy to connect infrared accessories together. As the hub of the IR repeater system, it receives signals from the remotely located surface-mount infrared receiver and channels it to your source component and other equipment. The connecting block supports up to four components using the four included single IR emitters. An LED provides visual indication when receiving IR signals
Four IR Emitters: Each of the four supplied IR micro-emitters transfers infrared commands to a single audio-video component or other device. Its head attaches to the component's IR sensor with an adhesive pad. The emitter's cable plugs into the 3.5mm emitter jack the included connecting block. The cable length of each IR micro-emitter is 10'.
Receiver Frequency Range: 36 kHz-58 kHz
Output Frequencies: 40 kHz and 56 kHz
- On axis: 55-80' (17-24 m)
- 30° off axis: 30-55' (9-17 m)
- Tabletop Receiver: 12 VDC, 31 mA max
- Connecting Block: 12 VDC, 200mA - 1A
- IR Emitter: 5-12 VDC
- Width = 0.4375"
- Height = 2.125"
- Depth = 0.375"
- Cable Length = 6.5'
- Width = 3.25"
- Height = 1.0625"
- Depth = 2.25"
- Width = 0.375"
- Height = 0.25
- Depth = 0.5625"
- Cable Length = 10'
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?