About the Russound P75 (factory refurbished)
A factory refurbished amp with specialized multi-zone features
A factory refurbished amp with specialized multi-zone features
Russound's factory refurbished P75 amplifier can save you a little dough when you're outfitting a custom-installed home audio system. This amp is backed by the manufacturer's full one-year warranty. And it's got some specialized features designed to make your multi-room, multi-source audio system easy to use.
Switch automatically between primary and secondary sources
Connect one music component as your primary source, plus an additional secondary audio source. Your primary source gets priority — meaning, anytime the amp senses a signal coming from that primary source, it'll switch to it automatically. The amplifier switches back to your secondary source automatically after there's no longer any signal coming from the primary source. This clever automatic switching setup means you won't need to manually switch inputs.
A real-world example
Say you have a Sonos Connect hooked up as your primary source. Whenever you select that player in your Sonos app, the amplifier will turn itself on and feed the music to your speakers. Because the P75 has two sets of speaker outputs, you can set it up to play speakers in the den, in the kitchen, or both. (To play two pairs of speakers at once, they need to be rated at 8 ohms.) You can store the Connect and the P75 amp out of sight, like in a utility closet or cabinet.
You might connect an old-school music source like a CD player to the secondary input, and enjoy it whenever you're not using your Sonos player. When a CD stops playing, the P75 will automatically switch to standby mode.
- 60 watts per channel into 8 ohms (1,000 Hz) at 1% THD with 2 channels driven
- 160 watts when bridged into a single 8-ohm load
- 75 watts into 4 ohms
- volume and balance controls
- A/B speaker switching
- primary and secondary audio line inputs with automatic source switching
- loop output on the secondary line input passes that audio signal on to another amp, giving you flexibility in designing a multi-room system
- 16-9/16"W x 2-3/4"H x 9-5/16"D
- 11.5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Please note: The manufacturer uses generic packaging for this refurbished item
- MFR # 9999-852954
What's in the box:
- Refurbished 2-channel/2-source amplifier
- Installation Manual
Russound P75 (factory refurbished) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Russound P75 (factory refurbished)
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||2|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||60|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||75|
|Bridged Power per Channel||160 watts|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||2|
|Removable Power Cord||No|
|Speaker Connectors||Binding Post|
Dual Source Power Amplifier: The Russound P75 is a 2-channel dual source power amplifier with auto-source switching. It features two audio line inputs with a loop out to another zone, receiver, or device from Line 2 source. This amplifier can be used for power upgrades in specific zones, for speaker selector, or volume control systems.
Class A/B Design (Bridgeable): The Russound P75 is a Class A/B amplifier rated at 75 watts per channel into 4-ohms, and 60 watts into 8-ohms. With the Stereo/Bridge Mono switch in Bridge Mono position, both amplifier channels are combined for a higher powered mono output. In Bridge mode the X75 is rated at 160 watts of power into a single 8-ohm load.
Dual Source w/ Auto-Switching: The P75 has dual source capability. If two sources are used, connect the source you want to listen to most of the time to the Line 2 (secondary) input and the source you listen to less constantly to the Line 1 (primary) input Whenever the Line 1 (primary) source becomes active, that signal will take priority over the distributed audio signal on the Line 2 (secondary) input. The signal remains active but not heard on the Line 2 input, and once the Line 1 audio signal is muted or turned off , the P75 will automatically switch back to the Line 2 (secondary) audio signal.
Front-Panel & Rear-Panel Controls: On the front-panel of the P75 are Power, Speaker A/B, Volume, and Balance controls. On the rear-panel are Stereo/Bridge, and Auto On/Manual controls.
- Power On/Off +Auto On: The P75 amplifier can be turned on manually or automatically by setting a switch on the back panel. For manual power on or off , press the Power button on the front-panel. For automatic power on, set the switch to Auto On, and place the front-panel power button in the "On" position. When music is sensed on either input RCA connector, the amplifier's signal sensing sends a command for it to power on. Once the signal ends, the amplifier turns off.
- Volume & Balance Controls: You can adjust the speaker output volume, as well as adjust speaker output balance between right and left channels
- Speaker A/B Switch: You can select speaker pair A (main) or speaker pair B (auxiliary) for audio output. You can use speakers A and B together, as long as the speakers are at a minimum 8-ohm impedance.
- Stereo/Bridge (Mono) Modes: In Stereo mode the amplifier sends separate power and audio signals to the left and right channels. In Bridge (Mono) mode both the left and right channels are combined for a higher power mono output; the minimum impedance for the total load connected to a pair of channels in the bridged mode is 8-ohms.
Stereo RCA Inputs/Outputs: The Russound P75 amplifier features two stereo analog RCA inputs (Line 1/Line 2) to connect up to two analog audio devices. There is also a stereo analog RCA output to send the amplifier's Line 2 input to another zone amplifier.
Binding Post Speaker Terminals: The P75 amplifier is fitted with eight binding post speaker terminals and can accommodate up to two pair of speakers. You can power "A" speaker only, "B" speaker only, or both "A & B" speakers. When driving a single pair of speakers the amplifier can handle 4-ohm speakers in Stereo mode, or a single 8-ohm speaker in Mono mode. When driving both "A & B" speakers the amplifier can handle a minimum of 8-ohm speakers. The binding post terminals will accept bare wire (16-12AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual)
Unswitched AC Outlet: The P75 amplifier has a built-in outlet on the back panel. This 120 VAC outlet provides 400W unswitched power for a device such as a small powered subwoofer. This switch provides power as long as the P75 is plugged into an outlet, whether or not the unit itself is powered on.
Protection Circuitry: The Russound P75 dual source power amplifier employs protection circuitry to safeguard against short circuits and over-heating.
- Short Circuit Protection: Special circuitry has been designed into the amplifier to safeguard under a short-circuit condition. A faulty speaker can also cause a short circuit condition. If this fault condition occurs, turn off the amplifier and check speakers for short circuit conditions when appropriate.
- Thermal Protection: The P75 amplifier is designed with special circuitry to safeguard the amplifier under a thermal overload condition. Thermal protection mode will only engage when the unit has been run at high volume for extended periods of time without adequate ventilation and/or when speaker impedances are below the minimum levels for the amplifier. In thermal protection mode the amplifier will automatically stop output. If this fault condition occurs, turn off the amplifier.
Mounting Options: The P75 amplifier can be placed on a shelf in an equipment rack, or on a table or cabinet. Make sure there is enough clearance around the amplifier for proper ventilation. The rear-panel should have approximately 5.125" of clearance, while the front-panel should have about 2.4375" of clearance. Both side of the amplifier should have around 0.9375" of clearance and the top should have 8.25" of clearance for proper ventilation.
1 question already asked