About the Russound R1250MC
Power your multi-room music system with the Russound R1250MC, and enjoy warm stereo sound in as many as six rooms. This 12-channel amplifier offers flexible configuration and control options that allow you to tailor a whole-house audio setup to your specific needs.
The R1250MC can distribute music from one audio source, like a CD changer, to multiple rooms in your home. Or you can connect up to six separate sources and play a different one in each listening room. Each of the amplifier's playback "zones" features independent left- and right-channel gain controls so you can adjust its output for each room in your system. For music playback in more than six rooms, daisy-chain together multiple Russound amplifiers.
Custom-tailored advice — before and after you buy
Installing this amplifier usually requires you to run speaker cable in your walls, unless your home is already pre-wired. Our Audio/Video Designers can help you map out the details. Plus, our tech support specialists can help you through your installation step-by-step.
- 12-channel amplifier with 6 independent playback zones
- 6 independent playback zones
- 35 watts RMS per channel at 8 ohms (all channels driven)
- 50 watts RMS per channel at 4 ohms (all channels driven)
- adjacent channels are bridgeable to 100 watts RMS into 8 ohms (all channels driven)
- 6 stereo RCA audio inputs, one for each zone
- auto-sensing inputs turn on each zone separately when an input signal is detected
- independent left and right gain controls for each zone
- cascade BUS input/output for "daisy-chaining" additional amplifiers
- removable AC power cord
- weight: 48.9 lbs.
- 16-15/16"W x 5-13/16"H x 18-3/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 2800-521881
What's in the box:
- 6-Zone/12-Channel power amplifier
- 6' AC cord
- 2 Mounting brackets
- 10 Machine screws
- User's Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Russound R1250MC
Overview: The Russound R1250MC is a 6-zone/12-channel power amplifier ideal for use as the main amplifier in home theater and distributed audio systems. The 12 channels are arranged in pairs to provide amplification for six stereo zones. The R1250MC provides an array of useful features such as autosensing line inputs, bridged mono operation, independent zone triggering, bus inputs and multiple speaker outputs per zone to meet a wide variety of applications and configurations.
12-Channel Power Amplifier: The R1250MC is rated at 50 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 80 watts per channel into 4 ohms. With a zone's mode switch set in the Bridge Mono position, both channels in the zone are combined for a mono output of 140 watts into an 8-ohm load. All of this power is supplied by three high-output toroidal transformers. Each amplifier output channel includes robust protection circuitry for safety and reliability under extreme circumstances.
System Configuration: The Russound R1250MC can be configured as the main amplifier for an audio distribution system or home theater system.
- Audio Distribution System: When used with an audio distribution preamp, each zone can independently drive one of several different sources by using each zone's individual line audio inputs, or a pair of zones can be bridged to create a higher power zone.
- Home Theater System: When the R1250MC is used as a home theater amplifier, three zones can be bridged to provide high power for the front and center channels and the remaining zones can be used for the surround effects.
Bridged Operation: When the amplifier is in Bridged mode operation, both the left and right channels are combined for a higher power mono output. For bridged amplifier operation, connect an 8-ohm minimum load to the Speaker B outputs and the line level outputs from your source to the left line level inputs of this amplifier.
Zone Indicator LEDs: The six LEDs on the unit's front-panel correspond to the R1250MC's six stereo zone amplifiers. The LEDs will illuminate red when the amplifier power is on and a zone is in standby. The LEDs will illuminate green when a zone is active.
Controls: All controls of the R1250MC are found on the unit's rear-panel.
- Power Switch: Turns the amplifier on or off. This switch does not disconnect the main power feed from the amplifier; this requires that the power cord be unplugged from the outlet.
- Gain Controls: Left and Right gain controls independently adjust the sound level for each channel. When used in the bridged mode only the Left control is used.
- Line/Bus Switch: Sets the zone input to the Line audio input or the Bus input.
- Delay Time Dial: Muting delay can be adjusted from 0.5 minute to 4.5 minutes. When an audio signal is not present, the amplifier will automatically go into standby mode after the preset period of time. When set to maximum, the amplifier will stay active and not go into standby.
- Stereo/Bridge Mono Switch: Sets each zone amplifier for stereo or bridged mono operation.
Connections: All connections are found on the rear-panel of the Russound 6-zone/12-channel power amplifier.
- Bus Input/Output: The stereo RCA bus line input is an optional input that can be used to connect a single source to multiple zones. The stereo RCA bus line output is a passive pass-through of the bus input and can be used to daisy chaining the source to other amplifiers in your system.
- Line Input: The stereo RCA line audio input for each zone is a dedicated sensing input that will activate the zone when an audio signal from a source is present.
- Speaker Outputs: The A and B speaker outputs are in parallel to the amplifier output. The minimum speaker impedance for stereo mode operation is 4-ohms for one pair, and 8-ohms for two pairs of speakers. The minimum impedance for bridged mode operation is 8-ohms for Speaker B only.
- 12VDC Trigger In/Out: The 3.5m 12V Trigger Input is used to activate a zone. The 3.5mm 12V Trigger Output provides 100mA 12V max. This can be used to drive other 12V triggered devices. The delay and audio sensing are bypassed when the 12V trigger input is used.
- Fuse Receptacle: Holds a replaceable fuse for AC power input connections. Fuse rating is T10AL 250V.
- AC Input: The AC voltage input is 120VAC at 60Hz. This receptacle accepts a 3-prong IEC 20 type connector. A detachable 6 foot, 3-terminal power cord is included.
Thermal Protection: The Russound 6-zone/12-channel power amplifier is designed with special circuitry to safeguard the amplifier under a thermal overload condition. Thermal Protection mode can only engage when the unit has been run at high volume for extended periods of time without adequate ventilation and/or when speaker impedances are below the minimum levels for the amplifier.
Protection Circuitry: This Russound multi-zone/multi-channel power amplifier is designed with special circuitry to safeguard the amplifier under a short-circuit condition. A fault speaker can also cause a short circuit condition. The front panel LED illuminates orange when the amplifier is in short circuit protection.
Rack Mounting: The R1250MC amplifier can be rack mounted using the included rack-mount ears and hardware. The amplifier will take 3 rack spaces with the feet removed.
Single Zone Maximum Output Power: 0.1%THD+N; f = 1kHz
- 50W per channel, 2 channels at 8-ohms
- 80W per channel, 2 channels at 4-ohms
- 140W at 8-ohms, 2 channels bridged
All Zones Continuous Output Power: 0.1%THD+N; f = 1kHz
- 35W per channel, 12 channels at 8-ohms
- 50W per channel, 12 channels at 4-ohms
- 100W at 8-ohms, each zone bridged
THD+N: <0.05% from 20Hz to 20kHz
Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 0.3dB
- 70mV for 1W at 8-ohms
- 500mV for 50W at 8-ohms
Input Impedance: 47-kohms Line Input
Voltage Gain: 32 dB
Delay Time: 0.5 to 4.5 minutes
Input Trigger: 12VDC 10-kohms
Output Trigger: 12VDC 100mA
Power Requirements: 120VAC 60Hz 7A
Dimensions: 16.9375" W x 5.8125" H x 18.1875" D
Weight: 48.9 lbs