About the Russound SDB-6.1
Distribute audio signals to six pairs of speakers from one location. The Russound SDB-6.1 lets you independently select and adjust the volume for each set of speakers — a necessity for most multi-room systems. This versatile design also allows you to switch between two source amplifiers or receivers. The impedance can be customized to match your specific combination of speakers and sources.
- play up to 6 pairs of speakers simultaneously
- allows switching between two source amplifiers or receivers
- autoformers ensure efficient impedance matching
- each zone features independent volume, power, and source controls
- power handling: 150 watts per channel RMS
- removable screw-down terminals accept up to 12-gauge speaker wire
- includes room/speaker labels
- 17"W x 3-3/8"H x 7-1/2"D
- warranty: 10 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 3615-604034
What's in the box:
- SDB-6.1 speaker selector for six pairs of speakers
- Sheet of self-adhesive room labels
- Installation Manual
Russound SDB-6.1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Russound SDB-6.1
Overview: The Russound SDB Dual Source Speaker Selector is a high-power, dual-source, autoformer-based speaker selector with individual volume controls for 6 rooms or areas. Dual-source operation allows you to choose either one or two different amplifiers or receivers to power selected speakers independently. Each room has its own input selector (A-B), volume control, and on/off switch, located on the front of the unit. The unit works with all speakers rated from 4-8 ohms and amplifiers rated for 4-8 ohms.
Controls: The SDB-6.1 has the following front panel controls:
- Volume Control: six rotary volume controls, each with a 12-step adjustment.
- On/Off Switch: six 2-position push button switches (Out=Off, In=On)
- Amplifier Selector: six 2-position push button switches (Out=Amp A, In=Amp B)
Removable Speaker Terminals: There are six removable 4-pole speaker output terminal blocks and two removable 4-pole speaker input terminal blocks, each of which can accept up to 12-gauge wire. The terminals can support multiple speaker pairs wired in parallel or series, provided their combined impedance is a minimum of 4 ohms. A small slotted screwdriver is required for attaching the terminals to your speaker wires.
Impedance Setting: The impedance of the autoformers is set at the factory at 8x. A chart in the Installation Manual can help you determine the proper impedance setting for the number and impedance of your speakers. If certain applications require changing the impedance setting, the cover can be removed to access the jumpers inside.
Labels: There are 52 pre-printed and 8 blank label stickers included for easy identification of the front panel controls.
- 150 watts per channel RMS continuous
- 300 watts per channel average
- 450 watts per channel peak
- Volume Control: 42 dB attenuation, 12 positions
- Impedance Matching: Russound Ultra-Match Autoformers
- Weight: 10 pounds
4 questions already asked