About the Russound V-KP-1
Add wireless music and voice control to any room
Add wireless music and voice control to any room
Russound has helped Crutchfield customers enjoy music throughout their homes for years. And I expect their latest innovation — the V-KP-1 in-wall amplified keypad — to build on that solid track record.
The V-KP-1 is equipped with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Apple AirPlay 2 for easy wireless music streaming from your computer or mobile device. You can even use your voice to play a song or ask about the weather, thanks to the built-in Amazon Alexa software and integrated front-panel microphone.
Perfect for the kitchen or home office
I can easily imagine myself using the V-KP-1 to power a pair of in-ceiling speakers in my kitchen, bedroom, or home office. The 15-watt-per-channel amp offers plenty of juice for background listening while you cook, work, or entertain.
You can install up to 32 V-KP-1 keypads in your home, with up to 10 units playing the same source at the same time.
Power up to two keypads from the same power supply
Each V-KP-1 hardwires to a Russound V-PS-2 power supply (required for installation, sold separately) via in-wall speaker wire (sold separately). You can power up to two V-KP-1 keypads from the same power supply.
Reusing existing in-wall wiring
If your home has an existing audio system with in-wall "home run" wiring from a central location into multiple rooms, you can use that wiring to connect the power supply to the amplified keypads. You can also reuse the wiring that may already be present in each room to connect the keypads your left and right speakers.
- in-wall amplified keypad for custom-integrated audio systems
- provides stereo music playback in a single zone
- up to 32 units can be installed in one home
- up to 10 units can play the same source at the same time
- ideal for use with in-wall or in-ceiling speakers
- can be used in new or existing construction
- 2-channel amplifier
- 15 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.1% THD, with 2 channels driven
- supports 4-ohm speakers through selectable rear-panel impedance switch
Digital and streaming music options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked device, free internet radio, and music services
- includes support for Amazon Music, Pandora®, SiriusXM, and Spotify® (subscription required for some services)
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you easily stream from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music®
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- built-in Amazon Alexa voice control
- use natural language voice commands to play a song, set a timer, or ask about the weather
- free Russound VoicePlay app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- supports MP3, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, WMA and OGG file formats
- hardwires to a Russound V-PS-2 power supply (required for installation, sold separately)
- removable 2-pin screw-down connector for bare wire termination
- keypad(s) can receive power over existing in-wall-rated A-BUS, category, or speaker wire
- connects to speakers via in-wall speaker wire (sold separately)
- removable 4-pin screw-down connector for bare wire termination
- installs in a single-gang electrical box
- includes black and white Decora-style faceplates to match your décor
- front-panel controls and LED status light
Dimensions and warranty:
- 1-3/4"W x 4-1/4"H x 2-1/2"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 2800-853678
What's in the box:
- Amplified keypad with Amazon Alexa (installed 3/4" screws and white keypad)
- Black keypad
- Black faceplate w/screws
- White faceplate w/screws
- 4-Pin Euroblock connector (installed)
- 2-Pin Euroblock connector (installed)
- Owner's manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Russound V-KP-1
Overview: The Russound V-KP-1 Amplified Keypad with built-in Amazon Alexa brings all the features of Amazon Alexa to a multi-room audio system with a Decora style that blends in with any home. The V-KP-1 lets you add Bluetooth audio streaming (5.0), Spotify Connect, along with other popular music streaming services. The V-KP-1 is also compatible with Apple AirPlay 2.
Note: The Russound V-KP-1 requires a Russound V-PS-2 power supply, which is sold separately.
VoicePlay: The V-KP-1 is part of Russound's VoicePlay streaming, voice-controlled multiroom audio system, letting you place up to 32 V-KP-1 Keypads throughout your home with up to 10 playing synchronized audio.
Configuration: The V-KP-1 is configured using the Russound VoicePlay App, available from the Apple App (iOS) or Google Play Stores (Android). When first powered on, the V-KP-1 will search for your local network and can be added through the VoicePlay app. It is recommended that the V-KP-1 be associated with an Amazon account, enabling it to use the Alexa app for selecting music services and synchronizing multi-room music. If not associated with an Amazon account, the keypad can still be used for Bluetooth audio streaming and for casting audio from streaming services such as Spotify.
Amazon Alexa: Once the V-KP-1 is configured and associated to an Amazon account, you can enjoy your favorite music and audio with a simple voice command to Alexa. You'll also have access to other Alexa features like settings, alarms, timers, checking the local weather, controlling your Smart Home devices, as well as accessing games and activities.
Music Services: Amazon offers a wide variety of music services that can be accessed by the V-KP-1. An up-to-date list of available services can be found on the Amazon website or through the Alexa app.
Spotify Connect: Spotify is an award-winning digital music service that gives you on-demand access to over 20 million tracks. The V-KP-1 supports Spotify Connect, letting you play Spotify using the Spotify App on your phone or tablet.
Note: In order to use Spotify on the Russound system, a Spotify Premium Account is required (sold separately). New users to Spotify can receive a 30-day free trial from Spotify by going to www.spotify.com/freetrial.
Bluetooth Audio (5.0): The Russound V-KP-1 lets you pair your Bluetooth-enabled phone or tablet, letting your play music from your device library or favorite apps. Pairing and audio playback can be done without an Amazon account, or through the Alexa app.
Note: Bluetooth hands-free phone calls not supported.
Speaker Output: The V-KP-1 features a powered stereo speaker output that can provide 15W x 2 @4Ω or 8Ω, letting you connect two 4Ω speakers or four 8Ω speakers wired in parallel (two each channel). An Impedance switch (4Ω/8Ω) on the rear panel lets you select the type of output. A 4-pin Euroblock connector is provided for the speaker wire connections, accepting up to 14-gauge wire.
Controls: The V-KP-1 front-panel controls include: Mic Mute (On/Off), Volume Up, Volume Down, and Action (Amazon Alexa Action Button).
Mounting: The Russound V-KP-1 is designed to be wall-mounted into a standard 1-gang J-box (sold separately). Both black and white keypads and faceplates are provided, letting the V-KP-1 blend in with your room decor.
Power: The V-KP-1 requires the Russound V-PS-2 power supply (sold separately) for operation.
- Power: 2 x 15W (@4 or 8 ohms)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (± 1dB)
- Distortion: <0.1% (20Hz-20kHz, 4/8 ohms)
- WiFi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (1x1)
- Audio Formats: MP3, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, WMA, OGG
- Maximum Multi-Room VoicePlay Devices: 32 (up to 10 audio synchronized)