About the Russound XZone4
Four audio zones in one piece of equipment
Four audio zones in one piece of equipment
Setting up a multi-zone audio system for your home or business might sound complicated, but this handy device makes it easy. The Russound XZone4 has almost everything you need to set up and run four audio zones in one slim component. You'll still have to have speakers!
There are four amplified audio zones pumping out 30 watts apiece. Each zone has a dedicated streaming audio player, so you can choose what you want to hear. If you need more power to fill a larger room, you'll find line-level outputs on the back that let you pass the signal to an external amplifier.
This device requires pre-sale and installation support. Please contact a Crutchfield commercial system designer at 1-800-315-2758 prior to purchase.
All your favorite tunes in one place
The XZone4 is ready and able to stream from built-in services like Spotify®, Pandora®, SiriusXM, and more. It's also equipped with Apple® AirPlay®, and capable of streaming crystal-clear high-res audio files up to 24-bit/192kHz from your networked drive or computer.
Easy programming and control options
The XZone4's streaming players can be controlled with an external touchscreen (not included), the free MyRussound app on your smartphone, or Amazon Alexa voice controllers. Connect the player to your existing Wi-Fi® router with an Ethernet cable, and you can call the tunes while you roam from room to room.
Keep it licensed and legal
If you play music at your business for paying customers, you need a public license. During business hours, you'll want to make sure you're playing licensed music from a source like SiriusXM Music for Business, Pandora for Business, or a similar service.
Get a free system design
- four amplified audio zones (30 watts per channel), each with its own streaming audio player
- expandable to 16 streaming zones when used with other Russound XStream products
- stream music from popular services like Spotify®, Pandora®, and SiriusXM Music for Business
- compatible with Amazon Alexa voice controllers
- compatible with Apple® AirPlay®
- high-res audio streaming up to 24-bit/192kHz
- supported formats: MP3, WAV, OGG Vorbis, FLAC. AAC, AAC+
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- browser-based configuration with your smartphone or tablet
- free MyRussound app offers control over settings and sources
- bass, treble, and loudness settings
- rack mounting hardware included
- requires pre-sale and installation support. Please contact a Crutchfield commercial system designer at 1-800-315-2758 prior to purchase
Inputs and Outputs:
- four stereo RCA zone line outputs
- four zone speaker outputs with Phoenix-style connectors
- Ethernet port for configuration, control, programming, and network connection
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 17"W x 1-3/4"H x 9"D
- weight: 7.2 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 4500-536823
What's in the box:
- 4 Stream/4 Zone audio amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- 4 Detachable speaker connectors (pre-installed)
- 2 Brackets
- 8 Machine screws
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Installation Guide
- "Read This First" note
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Russound XZone4
4-Stream, 4-Zone Audio System: The Russound XZone4 Four-Stream, Four-Zone Audio System combines a 4-stream audio player and 4-zone amplifier into one chassis for simple installation. Web browser based configuration allows you to use your smartphone, tablet, or computer for easy setup. It offers a variety of built-in online music services, as well as compatibility with DLNA & Apple AirPlay. The XZone4 offers four independent audio streams that support up to four rooms of amplified audio in a home or business, and can easily scale up to 16 total streaming audio zones by linking up one or more of the XStream Series products (sold separately).
- 4-Zone Audio Amplifier: The Russound XZone4 is equipped with a 30 watt (8Ω)/60 watt (4Ω) x 8 channel amplifier for powerful stereo amplification in up to 4 zones. Four detachable 4-connector speaker terminals are included that accept up to 14AWG wire. The system is expandable up to 16 streaming zones (requires separate amplification) using any combination of XStream Series products (sold separately).
- 4-Streams of Audio: With four independent streaming sources, each room can stream a different audio source without affecting the other rooms. You even have access to four streams of Apple AirPlay. You'll be able to play back a different audio source each zone, but will be limited to the same content from each audio source. For example, you can playback Pandora, Spotify, Apple AirPlay, and DLNA all in separate zones; but you cannot play back four different stations of Pandora in each zone.
Note: The product's software is locked and is non-functional until it is properly installed and configured by a Russound Certified Installer. This product is not designed for installation by consumers and cannot be made operational without the assistance of a Russound Certified Installer.
Wired Network Connectivity: The Ethernet (RJ-45) connection is used for configuration and programming as well as for enabling control via the MyRussound App or the XTS Touchscreen (sold separately). The default network setting is DHCP-enabled, but the XZone4 can be configured with a static IP address using the Web Config software. The Ethernet connection is also used for the built-in streaming services, for playing any music stored on connected network drives using DLNA, as well as Apple AirPlay.
Simple Setup w/ Web Configuration: The XZone4 Streaming Audio System is designed to offer a simple-to-install and simple-to-configure streaming media solution to add high quality streaming audio content to almost any home or business. The XZone4 has a programming feature called WebConfig. WebConfig is an onboard hosted web page used for unlocking and configuring the XZone4. Web Config can be accessed by entering the IP address or Hostname in any web browser on a smartphone, tablet, or laptop that is connected to the same network as the XZone4. Using Web Config, the XZone4 can be completely configured, quickly and easily, from the palm of your hand.
- When the XZone4 is shipped from Russound, it will only operate in a "locked" state. In this state, no audio or control is available. In order to unlock the system, a valid Russound Certified Installer credentials must be entered using the convenient Web Config browser-based configuration utility. If you do not have a valid Russound Certified Installer credential, please contact Russound.
- When the XZone4 is first powered on, a message will appear on any compatible user interfaces and the MyRussound App indicating that the device must be unlocked. The message will contain the IP address of the controller. Using your mobile device or computer, browse to the controller's IP address (type http:// and then the IP address).
Note: In order to prevent unauthorized changes to configuration settings, a default password (see owner's manual) has been created that will be required to be entered prior to changing any configuration settings. Enter this password if prompted for a Configuration Password. Depending on the XZone4's firmware version, this password may or may not be enabled by default. When using the latest firmware from Russound, the use of the configuration password can be enabled or disabled at your choice.
24-Bit/192kHz Hi-Res Audio: The Russound XZone4 includes native support for high resolution audio up to 24-bit/192kHz. Supported music files include MP3 (CBR/VBR), WAV (8/16-bit), OGG Vorbis, FLAC (8/16-bit), as well as AAC and AAC+ (up to 24-bit/192kHz).
Online Music Services: The Russound XZone4 Streaming Audio System ffeatures the following built-in online music services - Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, SiriusXM Business, TuneIn, and vTuner (some services will require subscriptions and fees). With access to SiriusXM for Business, the XZone4 offers an easy, inexpensive option for providing licensed music to play for customers at any business. The XZone4 gives business owners an easy way to not have to worry about ASCAP, BMI or SESAC audits and potential fines for their business.You can access these online music services through the MyRussound App on your Apple iOS or Android device, your Alexa-enabled speaker (like the Amazon Echo), or the Russound XTS wall-mounted touchscreen pad (sold separately).
Note: Account settings are individual settings for each XZone4 or other Russound XStream Series streaming product. If you have multiple XStream Series devices, each must be configured with the appropriate account login information. This is done so that each device can have its own independent user in a home so that users will not have to share accounts or favorites with anyone else in the home. The ideal installation is for each user in a home to have their own personal XStream Series streaming device so that each user always has access to their favorite music selections.
DLNA Compliant: The XZone4 is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7/8 compliant for audio networking. This means it's easier for you to access and enjoy digital music stored on your PC over your home network. You can use your PC to play hi-res rate music content through the XZone4 and your connected speakers, as well as use the MyRussound App on your Apple iOS or Android device to browse and play music files on your NAS drive. You can control playback of your streamed audio files, as well as view song/artist info and album art from the MyRussound App. The XZone4 supports the following DLNA music servers - (1) PC with Windows Media Player 11 or later installed, (2) PC with DLNA/UPnP Certificate server software installed, (3) NAS with DLNA/UPnP certification.
AirPlay Compatible: AirPlay lets you stream your favorite songs directly from your Apple iOS (4.3.3+) device or from your iTunes (10.2.2+) library on your Windows PC or Mac computer to the XZone4, over your home's wireless network connection. From your Apple iOS device you are able to stream stored music on your device, downloaded music apps, and music on your iCloud to the XZone4. From your Windows or Mac you can stream your stored iTunes music library on your computer to the XZone4; you can even download Apple's free Remote App onto your compatible iOS device to browse and control playback functions of the music stored in your iTunes music library on your computer that is being streamed to the XZone4. With AirPlay you also get to see song/artist information and album art via the MyRussound App.
MyRussound App: The MyRussound App (for iOS 5.1.1+ and Android OS 2.3+) allows you to control the XZone4 Streaming Audio System from your compatible smartphone or tablet. From the MyRussound App, you can select between streaming music sources (including Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, TuneIn, vTuner, & DLNA). From the app, you can also create, edit or delete any favorites from your smartphone or tablet. In addition, the App offers playback and search functions for your music sources, as well as song/artist information and album art. You even get Bass, Treble, & Loudness control through the app. The MyRussound App can be used to control up to 16 stereo audio zones in a single installation using any combination of XStream series audio products.
Optional Wall-Mounted Touchscreen: The XTS Touchscreen (543XTS, sold separately) is a stylish in-wall touchscreen that runs an embedded version of the popular MyRussound App. By placing the powerful MyRussound app in a permanent location on a wall, the XTS gives you full and easy control of XZone4, eliminating the need to use your smartphone or tablet to simply change the volume or change your music selection.
Alexa Compatible: Alexa-enabled devices (including the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap and Echo Show) are able to control key functions of the Russound XZone4 Streaming Audio System through voice commands. Voice control functions include -
- Volume Control (Turn Volume Up, Down, Mute, or set a specific volume level directly)
- Select Source Inputs or Play a Favorite
- Playback Control (Play/Pause, Next/Previous Track, Repeat/Shuffle)
- Like/Dislike Song (for compatible streaming sources)
- Adjust audio settings (Bass, Treble, Loudness)
Note: You will need an Alexa-enabled device (Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, or Echo Show - all sold separately) to operate the XZone4 via voice-command. The XZone4 and the Alex-enabled devices must be on the same network.
IP Controllable: Designed for audio professionals, the Russound XZone4 is fully IP controllable for integration into 3rd party control systems (including Control 4).
Fixed/Variable Stereo Line-Outputs: A fixed/variable line output is provided for each of the four zones, for adding additional amplification to any zone if needed. When using as a fixed output, the speaker amplification is disabled for that zone.
Mounting Options: The XZone4 can be mounted in four ways - 1U rack-mount, tabletop, under-cabinet, or flat-mounted to a wall - offering unique flexibility for practically any installation. For rack, wall, or under-cabinet mounting, use two included brackets. For table-top mounting, four non-marking adhesive rubber feet are included. Make sure to leave at least 1.75" of clearance above the Russound XZone4 for proper ventilation.
Power Requirements: The Russound XZone4 includes a detachable 6' AC power cord that must be connected to an AC wall outlet, power conditioner, or surge protector. Voltage is auto-switching for 100V to 240V operation @ 50-60 Hz. As an advanced networking device, the XZone4 is designed to be left on at all times. This allows instant access to your favorite streaming audio sources at any time and is especially useful due to the fact that most installations involve locating the XZone4 in remote locations of the home where it would be difficult to know if it is powered on or off or to know its current status.
- It can take 1-2 minutes for the unit to initially power up for the first time. The amber LED on the front-panel will illuminate during the power-up process. When the green LED on the front-panel is illuminated, the unit is powered up.
- For extended periods of non-use (vacations, etc), Russound recommends disconnecting the power source to the XZone4 unit until it is needed again.
Factory Reset: For a full factory reset, erasing all configuration settings, and re-locking the XZone4 - Press and hold the Reset button on the rear of the XZone4 for 10 seconds. The Red Status LED will light and the XZone4 will reboot on its own.
Note: Performing a factory reset will restore the unit to its factory default settings and put XZone4 in Zone mode. The unit will require valid Russound Certified Installer credentials in order to be unlocked and configured again. The factory reset will also delete all personal information including service account settings and passwords.
Firmware Updates: The XZone4 makes it easy to keep the Streaming Audio System up-to-date by performing a simple over-the-network update from the settings menu of the MyRussound App on your Apple iOS or Android device. It can take 10-15 minutes for a firmware update to be completed. The front-panel status LED will illuminate a steady green when the update is completed.