About the Aiwa CDC-MP3
If you own a computer with a CD-R or CD-RW drive, you already have the technology to fit 200 or more of your downloaded MP3 files (almost ten hours of music) onto one disc. The CDC-MP3 CD receiver will play those MP3-encoded discs on the road, as well as all your favorite prerecorded CDs, audio CD-Rs (recordable CDs), and audio CD-RWs (rewritable CDs). To help you enjoy all that music, this receiver is equipped with H-Bass for more bottom end, and 22 watts RMS of 4-way high power. For maximum crankability, add external amps to the two sets of preamp outputs.
The detachable, fold-down face features a multicolor dot matrix display and the "Smart Jog" illuminated rotary control. Push one button, and Driver's Sound Stage Adjustment calibrates the fader and balance automatically, for improved stereo imaging in the driver's seat. Hook up your portable cassette, MiniDisc, or MP3 player with the convenient auxiliary input. A handy steering wheel remote is supplied.Details:
- detachable, fold-down face
- multicolor display with dot matrix readout
- Smart Jog rotary control
- will play audio CD-Rs and CD-RWs (even those encoded with MP3 files)
- front and rear sets of 2.2-volt preamp outputs
- Driver's Sound Stage Adjustment
- 18 FM/12 AM presets
- auxiliary input
- source level adjustment
- steering wheel remote
- 22 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 12-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 85 dB
- FM sensitivity 12.7 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD/Changer Controller with 15-amp fuse inserted into chassis
- 1 Hard plastic face case
- 1 Trim ring
- 1 Sleeve
- Wiring harness with 0.5-amp in-line fuse
- RC-SW2 Steering wheel remote
- CR2025 battery
- 1 Remote mounting belt
- 1 Inner remote belt holder
- 1 Outer remote belt holder
- 1 Allen wrench and 1 allen screw (for belt holders)
- 2 Self-adhesive rubber cushions
- 1 Face security screw with instruction sheet
- 2 radio removal tools
- 1 Backstrap
- 4 ISO mount screws
- 1 Self-tapping screw
- 1 Rear support stud (comes with 1 nut/2 flat washers/2 lock washers)
- Operating Instructions (English/Spanish/French)
- Installation and Connections sheet (English/Spanish/French/Portuguese)
- "Notes on CD-R/CD-RW discs" sheet
- "Demo (Demonstration) mode" sheet
- Correction sheet (describes indication shown when a disc contains no data or data the wrong format)
- Correction sheet (corrections regarding display info and operation of the remote disc/preset buttons)
- Warranty/Product Registration card.
Aiwa CDC-MP3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Aiwa CDC-MP3
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||22 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||45 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2.2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue/Red|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||12.7 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Display/Button Illumination: The main display line, CD-In indicator and the lower segments of the level meter are displayed with pale yellow illumination. The level meter border and 3 level meter segments are displayed with green illumination. The CD indicator and 2 level meter segments are displayed with blue illumination. The CD-ROM, top 4 level meter segments and the DSSA indicator are displayed with amber illumination. All of the buttons, except the preset buttons, are backlit with blue illumination. The preset buttons are backlit with red illumination. The Smart Jog knob and accents on the left and right ends of the face are backlit with blue illumination. When the Smart Jog knob is turned, the blue face illumination flashes on and off.
Display Contrast Adjustment: The display contrast may be adjusted for to suit your viewing position and the lighting conditions of your vehicle.
Smart Jog Knob: This unit is equipped with a large rotary knob that provides a convenient way to make adjustments. Volume, bass, treble, balance, fader, H-Bass and clock adjustments are made using the Smart Jog knob. When the Smart Jog knob is turned, the blue button and face accent backlighting flashes on and off.
CD Compatibility: This unit will play standard audio (16-bit, 44kHz, PCM) CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs, and it will play CD-ROMs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs that contain MP3 audio files.
MP3 File Playback: This unit can play MP3 files that have been recorded in an ISO 9660 compliant format with fixed bit rate (i.e. 8kbps, 64kbps, 96kbps, 128kbps, etc.) or variable bit rate compression (32 - 320kbps) on CD-ROM, CD-R and CD-RW discs. The CDC-MP3 can read up to 5 sessions on a multi-session disc, and it will play up to 512 tracks per disc. If you want files to play in numerical order, the files should be numbered with a three digit prefix (i.e. 001, 002, 003 etc.) in the order you wish them to be played; if files are not named with a numerical prefix, they will be played in alphabetical order. The maximum allowable depth of nested folders is 8, including the root directory (folder). To display up to 30 characters for a track name or an artist's name, ID3TAG version 1.x is required. The following functions are available during MP3 playback:
- Album (Folder) Skip (forward and backward)
- Track (File) Skip (forward and backward)
- Track (File) Repeat
- Track Search: you may fast forward and fast reverse through a track
- Random Play: files within an album (folder) are played in random order
- Intro Scan: the first 10 seconds of each track (file) in a album (folder) are played, then the unit advances to the tracks in the next album, and so on until you select a track for playback
- Name Display: the folder/file name will scroll across the display, so the complete name can be seen
- Display Modes:
you may cycle through the following display modes:
- Elapsed playing time
- Track number and file name
- Track name
- Artist's name
- Album name
Front Panel Auxiliary Input: A front panel stereo mini-jack is provided to allow the connection of a portable audio source. Just connect your portable cassette, MD or MP3 player to this unit, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system.
Source Level Adjuster: The relative level of each source (FM/AM/CD/AUX) may be adjusted, from -4 to +4, and the setting will be retained in memory. The level of each source can be set so there won't be drastic leaps in volume when changing from one source to another.
DSSA (Drivers Sound Stage Adjustment): This feature adjusts the sound stage and tone balance to sound best from one of the front seat positions. You may set the DSSA feature for the front left seat or the front right seat, or the DSSA feature may be turned off. When the DSSA feature is on, the balance, fader, bass and treble settings cannot be adjusted.
H-Bass (High Bass): Instead of a loudness control, this unit is equipped with an H-Bass function. You may choose from 3 H-Bass settings to obtain powerful bass, or the H-Bass feature may be turned off for normal playback.
Selectable Tuning Spacing: You may select standard spacing (100kHz for FM, 10kHz for AM) or European tuning spacing (50kHz for FM, 9kHz for AM). The spacing is set using a switch recessed into the bottom of the unit; when the switched is used to change the spacing, the reset button should be pressed to activate the new spacing.
My Information Switch (timer feature): This feature allows you to timer-activate the radio for up to two daily radio programs. You may set a start time, a stop time and a radio frequency into memory for up to two timer-activated radio playback events. To prevent battery wear, the timer will only turn the unit on when power is supplied to both power leads; when the unit is installed correctly, both power wires receive power only when the ignition key is in the "on" or "accessory" position.
Compatibility: This unit is compatible with Aiwa mobile CD changers.
- Track search (forward/reverse)
- Track skip (forward/reverse)
- Disc skip (forward/reverse)
- Repeat play (track/disc)
- Intro play: plays the first 10 seconds of each track on all the discs in a changer
- Random play: plays all tracks on one disc randomly
Dimensions: L = 2.617", W = 1.041", D = 1.088"
- Volume +/-
- Fast Forward (also used for disc and preset selection)
- Reverse (also used for disc and preset selection)