About the Aiwa CDC-MP32
If you've downloaded your favorite tunes onto your computer's hard drive, now you can hear them in your car. Aiwa's versatile CDC-MP32 CD/MP3 receiver will play MP3-encoded CD-R and CD-RW discs, as well as prerecorded CDs, audio CD-Rs, and audio CD-RWs. Burn up to 200 songs on a single disc, and the CDC-MP32 will play it, giving you hours of entertainment.
Aiwa developed the "Magic Flap" security system to protect this high-powered performer. When you shut it down, the multicolor display flips over and the controls recess, leaving a nondescript black panel in your dash not a tempting target for theft.
You'll also find CD changer controls, a front-panel auxiliary input (for use with your portable cassette, MD, or MP3 player), and two sets of preamp outputs (for connecting to external amplifiers). A handy wireless remote control is included.Details:
- "Magic Flap" security feature
- multicolor LCD with dot matrix readout, volume meter, and contrast control
- plays MP3-encoded CD-R and CD-RW discs
- 18 FM/12 AM presets
- two sets of preamp outputs
- H-Bass (three-level bass boost)
- Driver's Sound Stage Adjustment
- front-panel auxiliary input
- CD-R/CD-RW compatibility
- CD changer controls (changer does not play MP3 discs) add an Aiwa changer to your receiver order, and save $$ with Crutchfield's package discount
- source level adjustment
- wireless steering wheel remote
- 24 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 17-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 85 dB
- FM sensitivity 12.7 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD/Changer Controller with 15-amp fuse inserted into chassis
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness with 0.5-amp in-line fuse
- RC-SW3 Steering wheel remote
- CR2025 Lithium battery
- 1 Remote mounting belt
- 1 Inner remote belt holder
- 1 Outer remote belt holder
- 1 Allen wrench and 1 Allen screw (for belt holders)
- 2 Self-adhesive rubber cushions
- 2 radio removal tools
- 1 Backstrap
- 5 ISO mount screws
- 1 Self-tapping screw
- 1 Rear support stud (comes with 1 nut/2 flat washers/2 lock washers)
- Operating Instructions (English/Spanish/French)
- Installation and Connections sheet (English/Spanish/French/Portuguese)
- Warranty/Product Registration Card
- "Notes on CD-R/CD-RW discs" sheet
- "Demo (Demonstration) mode" sheet
- "Mode demonstrating the movement of the front panel" sheet
- Steering Wheel Remote Control instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Aiwa CDC-MP32
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||24 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2.2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue or Red/Unit on|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||12.7 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Magic Flap: When you shut the unit down, the multicolor display flips over and the controls retract, leaving a nondescript black panel in your dash.
Display/Button Illumination: The main display line is displayed with white illumination. The local, mute, and stereo indicators are displayed with blue illumination. The CD-In, CD-ROM, DSSA, and H-Bass indicators are displayed with red illumination. The lower segments of the level meter are displayed with blue illumination, the middle segments are displayed with green illumination, and the upper segments are displayed with red illumination. The buttons are backlit with red illumination. The preset buttons have selectable illumination, allowing you to choose red or blue.
Display Contrast Adjustment: The display contrast may be adjusted to suit your viewing position and the lighting conditions of your vehicle.
CD Compatibility: This unit will play standard audio (16-bit, 44kHz, PCM) CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs, and it will play CD-ROMs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs that contain MP3 audio files.
MP3 File Playback: This unit can play MP3 files that have been recorded in an ISO 9660 compliant format with fixed bit rate (i.e. 8kbps, 64kbps, 96kbps, 128kbps, etc.) or variable bit rate compression (32 - 320kbps) on CD-ROM, CD-R and CD-RW discs. The CDC-MP32 can read up to 5 sessions on a multi-session disc, and it will play up to 512 tracks per disc. If you want files to play in numerical order, the files should be numbered with a three digit prefix (i.e. 001, 002, 003 etc.) in the order you wish them to be played; if files are not named with a numerical prefix, they will be played in alphabetical order. The maximum allowable depth of nested folders is 8, including the root directory (folder). To display up to 30 characters for a track name or an artist's name, ID3TAG version 1.x is required. The following functions are available during MP3 playback:
- Album (Folder) Skip (forward and backward)
- Track (File) Skip (forward and backward)
- Track (File) Repeat
- Track Search: You may fast forward and fast reverse through a track (during rapid search, no sound is heard)
- Random Play: Files within an album (folder) are played in random order
- Intro Scan: The first 10 seconds of each track (file) in an album (folder) are played, then the unit advances to the tracks in the next album, and so on until you select a track for playback
- Name Display: The folder/file name will scroll across the display, so the complete name can be seen
- Display Modes: You may cycle through the following display modes: Elapsed playing time, Track number and file name, Track name, Artist's name, and Album name.
Front Panel Auxiliary Input: A front panel stereo mini-jack is provided to allow the connection of a portable audio source. Just connect your portable cassette, MD or MP3 player to this unit, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system.
Source Level Adjuster: The relative level of each source (FM/AM/CD/AUX) may be adjusted, from -4 to +4, and the setting will be retained in memory. The level of each source can be set so there won't be drastic leaps in volume when changing from one source to another.
DSSA (Drivers Sound Stage Adjustment): This feature adjusts the sound stage and tone balance to sound best from one of the front seat positions. You may set the DSSA feature for the front left seat or the front right seat, or the DSSA feature may be turned off. When the DSSA feature is on, the balance, fader, bass and treble settings cannot be adjusted.
H-Bass (High Bass): Instead of a loudness control, this unit is equipped with an H-Bass function. You may choose from 3 H-Bass settings to obtain powerful bass, or the H-Bass feature may be turned off for normal playback.
Selectable Tuning Spacing: You may select standard spacing (100kHz for FM, 10kHz for AM) or European tuning spacing (50kHz for FM, 9kHz for AM). The spacing is set using a switch recessed into the bottom of the unit; when the switch is used to change the spacing, the reset button should be pressed to activate the new spacing.
My Information Switch (timer feature): This feature allows you to timer-activate the radio for up to two daily radio programs. You may set a start time, a stop time and a radio frequency into memory for up to two timer-activated radio playback events. To prevent battery wear, the timer will only turn the unit on when power is supplied to both power leads; when the unit is installed correctly, both power wires receive power only when the ignition key is in the "on" or "accessory" position.
Compatibility: This unit is compatible with Aiwa mobile CD changers.
- Disc Skip (forward/reverse)
- Track Skip (forward/reverse)
- Track Search (forward/reverse)
- Repeat Play: You can repeat the current track or the current disc
- Intro Play: Plays the first 10 seconds of each track on all the discs in a changer
- Random Play: Plays all tracks on one disc randomly
Dimensions: L=2.599", W=1.031", D=1.045"
- Function: Allows you to select radio, CD, CD changer, or Aux mode.
- Volume +/-
- Fast Forward: In CD mode, this button allows you to skip to the next track and perform track search. In CD changer mode, this button allows you to skip to the next track (press and release) or skip to the next disc (press and hold). In radio mode, this button allows you to tune in the next preset station.
- Rewind: In CD mode, this button allows you to skip to the previous track and perform track search. In CD changer mode, this button allows you to skip to the previous track (press and release) or skip to the previous disc (press and hold). In radio mode, this button allows you to tune in the previous preset station.
Receiver Depth: The receiver depths listed in the Crutchfield database do not include allowances for the extra depth required when RCA patch cables are plugged into the back of the unit. When RCA patch cables are plugged into the unit, the "E" depth increases from 6.548" to 7.005", and the "I" depth increases from 6.796" to 7.253".
The Aiwa CDC-MP32 replaces these items