About the Rockford Fosgate HD14-TKIT
Bigger, better sound for your bike
Bigger, better sound for your bike
Upgrading the factory stereo system on your 2015-up Harley-Davidson Road Glide® or 2014-up Street Glide® motorcycle doesn't have to be a hassle. Rockford Fosgate's HD14-TKIT features a compact, weather-resistant 4-channel amplifier, two 6-1/2" coaxial speakers, plus an installer-friendly amplifier kit. It's a great way to transform your sound without modifying your bike.
Rockford Fosgate designed their TMS65 6-1/2" speakers specifically for the fairing locations on Road Glide and Street Glide motorcycles. These rugged, weather-resistant speakers will really boost your bike's audio quality, packing a lot of sonic punch into a compact package. The carbon-reinforced polypropylene cone, neodymium dome tweeter, and poly-cotton spider will withstand the weather, while the glass-reinforced polymer frame can handle rough roads or sizzling sunlight. And they even come with their own grilles.
This package includes one set of speakers. The video above also shows the installation of an additional set of TMS65 speakers (not included).
A tough, efficient amp
The Power Series TM400X4ad 4-channel amplifier is made for motorcycle and marine applications. Rockford Fosgate's proprietary Class AD technology allows this compact amp to draw big power with less current draw from your electrical system, while the Constant Power feature keeps power consistent with varying impedances. It's built to stand up to outdoor life, with conformal-coated circuitry that withstands moisture and stainless steel hardware that resists corrosion.
Designed to fit your Harley
You can install the entire system without drilling or cutting. The wiring harnesses connect directly to the bike's harnesses, the speakers drop right into the existing cavities, and you even get an amp mounting kit, with a mounting plate, heatsink, and wiring kit. Upgraded cables provide the necessary current and voltage requirements for the amplifier, and the heat-sink keeps things cool when you're pushing your system hard.
Important Note: All 2014-up Harley-Davidson radios use a “high fidelity” EQ curve which will cause severe distortion in any audio upgrade. After installing this system, you'll need to get your radio reflashed by your Harley-Davidson Dealer.
- custom-fit audio package for select Harley-Davidson motorcycles
- includes Power series 4-channel amplifier, two 6-1/2" coaxial speakers, and amplifier kit
Power TMS65 Speaker Features:
- speakers fit directly into front fairing location
- Vertical Attach Surround Technique (VAST) increases cone area
- carbon-fiber reinforced polypropylene cone
- 25mm neodymium tweeter with integrated phase plug and ASA grill
- Santoprene VAST surround
- power handling: 75 watts RMS (150 watts peak)
- frequency response: 56-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- grilles and mounting hardware included
Power TM400X4ad Amplifier Features:
- 4-channel car amplifier for motorcycle and powersports use
- Class AD amp technology
- twin cooling fans and real-time thermal sensing
- variable low- and high-pass filters (50-250 Hz at 12 dB/octave)
- 100 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (400 watts peak)
- 200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (bridged)
- 100 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HD14-TKIT
What's in the box:
- This Speaker and Amplifier Package contains three individually-packaged items in one box: TM400X4ad amplifier/ TMS65 speakers/ and RFKHD custom amp mounting kit
- The TM400X4ad box includes:
- 4-Channel moto-marine amplifier
- Power/ground/turn-on plug (installed)
- Two 8" Speaker output harnesses (bare wire to 4-pin Molex)
- Two 14" Input harnesses (2 RCA to 4-pin Molex)
- Setup Disc (CD)
- Amplifier Quick Setup
- Certificate of Performance Verification
- The TMS65 box includes:
- Two 2-way speakers
- 2 Street Glide grilles
- 2 Road Glide grilles
- 2 Tour-Pak grilles
- Installation manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ German/ Italian)
- The RFKHD box includes:
- Amp mounting plate/heat sink
- 3 Road Glide brackets (2 for 1998-2013 / 1 for 2015-up)
- Street Glide bracket
- Power cable assembly with 5' 8-gauge power/ground wire (in-line fuse holder on power wire with 60A Maxi fuse inserted) and 15" remote wire
- 10' Rear cable assembly
- Output adapter cable (Two 12" lengths)
- Input adapter cable (Two 6" lengths)
- Front input cable (19" length)
- Front output cable (22" length)
- 4 Rubber spacers
- Eight 20" plastic wire ties
- 2 M5 x 15mm hex washer head bolts (requires 8mm socket)
- 4 M5 x 18mm socket countersunk screws (requires 3mm Allen wrench)
- 2 M5 flange nuts
- 2 M4 x 7mm button head bolts (requires 2.5mm Allen wrench)
- 2 M4 x 18mm set screws (requires 2mm Allen wrench)
- 6 M3 x 8mm socket countersunk screws (requires 2mm Allen wrench)
- Installation Kit Wiring Diagram
Rockford Fosgate HD14-TKIT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate HD14-TKIT
Grilles: The TMS65 speakers include three sets of grilles to fit multiple Harley-Davidson applications, 2014 and later Street Glide fairing locations, 2015 and later Road Glide fairing locations, and 2014 and later rear Tour-Pak locations.
Weather: The speakers are made weather resistant by the Santoprene front isolation spider, connecting the tweeter housing and woofer cone assembly.
Klippel Verified: The Klippel distortion analyzer, a device that uses a laser and sophisticated software to do large-scale analysis of drivers in motion, lets Rockford Fosgate optimize the speaker's motor structure, voice coil alignment, and suspension to yield the best possible performance.
CEA-2031 Compliant: The power handling specifications conform to the CEA-2031 industry standards; meaning the speaker has the capacity to handle its rated power under continuous demand, not just for an instant.
VAST Surround: The Vertical Attach Surround Technique (VAST) increases a speaker's effective radiating cone area without increasing the size of the basket. The surround is made of Santoprene rubber.
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for determining an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4Ω load with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N). CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare amplifiers and receivers under identical conditions. The CEA-2006-rated RMS power output is 100 watts RMS x 4 channels. Additionally the power output is 100 watts RMS x 4 channels into 2Ω and 200 watts RMS x 1 channel bridged (into 4Ω).
Element Ready: Rockford Fosgate's Element Ready Amplifiers are protected against dust, UV rays, and corrosion. Marine-grade, two-part epoxy-coated circuit boards are used to prevent corrosion due to exposure in moist and humid places. In addition, stainless hardware is used to help prevent rust and corrosion of all electrical connections.
Class-AD: The TM400X4ad features Rockford Fosgate's proprietary Class-AD technology, which allows the amplifier to produce more power with less current draw from the vehicle's charging system.
3-Stage Airflow: The amp's 3-stage airflow method efficiently rids the chassis of heat to keep the amplifier running cool. Dual fan forced induction pulls in fresh air. The air flows over the MOSFET transistors to cool them down, and out through the exhaust channel. The top and bottom heat sinks are decoupled, which allows the top to remain cool to the touch.
DSM (Discrete Surface Mount): High speed robotics are used in the manufacturing process to place 1% tolerance parts and large board traces. DSM improves the efficiency of the circuit, decreases cross-talk from other discrete components and lowers operating temperature.
CLEAN Set-Up: Rockford's integrated level setting technology, CLEAN (Calibrated Level Eliminates Audible Noise) replaces sophisticated test equipment with input/output clip LEDs, allowing you to match the source unit's output to the amp's gain, and optimize the amp's output. The input clip indicator works in conjunction with the audio source volume, illuminating red when the source reaches its clipping point. The output clip indicator works in conjunction with the input level dial on the amp, illuminating the appropriate color depending on the audio content used for the setup.
Input Level: The amplifier has independent input level controls for the front and rear channels, conveniently accessible from the top. To accommodate the varying range of signal levels from today's factory and aftermarket radios, the input levels are adjustable from 150mV to 12V. A small flat-head screwdriver (not supplied) is needed to adjust the levels.
Input Switch: With the input switch in the 2-channel position, connecting only the front inputs will send the signal to both the front and rear sections of the amplifier. In the 4-channel position, both front and rear inputs must be used.
Crossover: The amplifier has dual built-in Butterworth crossovers for the front and rear channels, variable from 50 Hz to 250 Hz with a slope of 12dB/octave. They can be independently set to high-pass, all-pass (full range), or low-pass operation. The rotary frequency settings can be adjusted with a small screwdriver.
Punch EQ: The amplifier has dual Punch EQ functions that change with the crossover switches. When the crossover is set to low-pass, the Punch EQ acts as a variable bass boost; 0 to +18 dB at 45 Hz. When the crossover is set to high-pass, the Punch EQ acts as a variable treble boost, 0 to +14 dB at 12.5 kHz. When the crossover is set to all-pass, both the bass and treble boost circuits are active.
- Length: 8.616"
- Height: 1.63"
- Depth: 4.253"
Overview: The RFKHD amplifier wiring and mounting kit includes precut lengths of power, ground, turn-on, and speaker wire, plus mounting brackets and hardware. The wiring and mounting kit will support 2-speaker and 4-speaker systems. The brackets have pre-drilled holes that allow you to bolt them to the chassis using the OEM mounting holes. The included wire harnesses are pre-loomed and terminated to use the OEM connectors.
Note: Because the RFKHD is compatible with multiple Harley-Davidson models, and Rockford Fosgate amps other than the included TM400X4ad, parts are included that will not be used in this installation.
Wiring: The cables included in the RFKHD use 100% Pure Crystal-Oxygen Free Copper (PC-OFC), and meet or exceed AWG (American Wire Gauge) requirements. The wires are terminated with the appropriate hardware. The wiring kit includes the following wires and harnesses:
- Power Cable Assembly: The Power Cable assembly includes 5' lengths of 8-gauge power and ground wire, and a 15" amp turn-on wire. The power wire has an in-line Maxi fuse holder with a 60A Maxi fuse installed. The power/ground wires are terminated with ring terminals.
- Rear Cable Assembly: The Rear Cable assembly consists of two 10' cables: Rear Input and Rear Output. The Rear Input has a 4-pin Molex connector on one end and male quick slides on the other ends of the color-coded left +, left -, right + and right - wires. (If only installing the two speakers included with this kit, this cable is not needed.)
- Front Input Cable: The 19" Front Input Cable connects between the front speaker outputs of the head unit and the amplifier input. It has two proprietary connectors on one end and a 4-pin Molex connector on the other end. In this installation the Input Adapters (below) are also needed.
- Input Adapters: The Input Adapters consist of two 6" lengths of speaker wire that extend between the Front Input cables (proprietary terminals) and the front speaker wires (quick slides).
- Front Output Cable: The 22" Front Output Cable connects between the amplifier output and the front speakers. It has two proprietary connectors on one end, and a 4-pin Molex connector on the other end.
- Output Adapters: The Output Adapters consist of two 12" lengths of speaker wire that extend between the Front Output cables (proprietary terminals) and the front speakers (quick slides).
Installation Note: You'll need to get your 2014-up Harley-Davidson radio reflashed by a Rockford Authorized Motorcycle Dealer to get the best performance from this audio upgrade package.
8 questions already asked