About the Rockford Fosgate Punch 601S
The Rockford Fosgate Punch 601S slams your speakers with a one-two combination, so they deliver their very best performance.
Part one: power. The clean circuit design, MOSFET output stages, and proprietary technology inside every Punch amp drives your speakers with clarity and strength you just can't get from a lesser amp. The 601S is just begging to power your subs. In stereo mode, you'll get 150 watts per channel at 4 ohms; hook up a pair of 2-ohm subwoofers to double the output 300 watts x 2. Need more? Bridge it to mono, and the 601S pounds your 4-ohm subwoofer with a righteous 600 watts RMS!
Part two: control. Power is important, but you need more than muscle to create a prize-winning car audio system. Built-in high- and low-pass crossovers allow you to adapt the 601S's output to maximize speaker performance. Control the variable Punch bass boost (0-18 dB boost at 45 Hz) from the front seat with the included wired remote. You choose the right settings for your car, your speakers, and your ears.
- 150 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 300 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
- 600 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms
- stereo or bridged mono output
- 4-ohm stable in bridged mode
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier we recommend an 8-gauge amp wiring kit with a 60-amp fuse
- 50-250 Hz high-pass/low-pass (12 dB/octave) crossovers
- MOSFET power supply and output devices
- MEHSA mounting technology increases the heat transfer from the MOSFET output devices to the heat sink, for higher power output, lower operating temperatures, and greater reliability
- TOPAZ noise-killing differential inputs that eliminate 80% of ground loop noise
- Transana circuitry keeps preamp voltages low and signal paths simple for outstanding audio quality
- NOMAD advanced protection circuitry for "intelligent" shutdown protection
- wired remote included for fingertip control of Punch Bass (0-18 dB boost at 45 Hz)
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs
- 17-1/16"W x 2-7/16"H x 9-13/16"D
- 1-year warranty
What's in the box:
- 2-channel amplifier with 2 end caps (already attached) and RF illuminated power logo
- One 8.5" speaker-level input harness
- 1 In-line 4/8 gauge clear fuse holder
- 50 Amp AGU fuse
- Four 7/8" self-tapping screws
- One 3/32" Allen wrench
- One 7/64" Allen wrench
- One 1/8" Allen wrench
- 7/64" in-set screw
- 1/8" in-set screws
- Remote Punch Bass control
- Remote Punch Bass mounting bracket
- Two 3/8" self-tapping screws
- Remote Punch Bass control decal
- Remote Punch Bass control knob
- 15' RJ-45 Remote Punch Bass cable
- Remote turn-on terminal connector
- Amp Verification Certificate
- "Team RF" sticker
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate Punch 601S
MEHSA (Maximum Efficiency Heat Sink Application): MEHSA is a Rockford Fosgate proprietary process that increases the heat transfer from the MOSFET devices to the heatsink. The multi-layer insulated metal MEHSA substrate operates with minimal thermal resistance, spreading heat both downward and outward to quickly dissipate heat from each device across the heatsink. This allows greater power output, enhanced thermal stability, and maximum reliability.
TOPAZ (Tracking Operation Pre-Amplifier Zone): TOPAZ is a circuit that simply eliminates noise. The TOPAZ circuit allows the amplifier ground to move with the source unit ground, creating a "noise elimination" zone just before the preamp section. If there is any noise in the ground coming down the RCA line to the amplifier, TOPAZ amazingly tracks it down and eliminates it. The result is a 30-40dB improvement of the isolation between input ground and chassis ground.
DSM (Discrete Surface Mount): In the manufacturing process high speed robotics are used to place 0% tolerance resistors and large board traces providing greater reliability and efficiency.
NOMAD (NOn-Multiplying Advanced Decision): NOMAD is an intelligent protection circuit that uses an analog computer to make real time decisions regarding temperature, voltage, current and impedance. The unit is protected without limiting sound output unless needed.
INDIGO (INDexed Ideal Gain Operation): INDIGO is a circuit that maximizes the output power of the amplifier by making better use of the power supplied by the car. As the battery voltage drops, INDIGO tightens up so the amplifier delivers the rated power, resulting in more consistent power coming from the amp.
Internal Crossover: The internal crossover is variable from 50-250 Hz, with a 12dB/octave Butterworth filter. You can choose to use the amplifier in the high pass cross-over mode (HP), all-pass (AP-full range), or low pass mode (LP).
Remote Punch Bass: The Punch Bass feature helps correct for acoustical deficiencies in the listening environment by helping reproduce full range sound without adding excessive boost. The Punch Bass control has a narrow band adjustment centered at 45Hz, variable from 0dB to +18dB. Using the mounting bracket, the supplied Punch Bass wired remote can be mounted in any convenient location under your vehicle's dash. The wired remote is 2.317" wide, 1.515" tall and 1.980" deep. The included cable is 15' in length.
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- Crossover Frequency: variable cross-over point from 50-250 Hz
- Independent Gain Controls: these variable gain controls allow you to adjust the output level of each channel of the amplifier independently.
- Crossover Switch: allows you to select HP (high-pass), AP (all-pass), or LP (low-pass) crossover operation
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- B+ (power): dual platinum-plated set-screw terminals (width: 0.183") can accept up to 8-gauge wiring each
- GND (ground): dual platinum-plated set-screw terminal (width: 0.183") can accept up to 8-gauge wiring each
- REM (remote turn-on): 0.250" quick-slide for remote turn-on lead. Note: A female quick-slide is supplied.
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Remote Bass Punch Input: RJ-45 connection allows you to remotely adjust the bass boost of this amplifier from the front of the vehicle (variably select from 0dB to 18dB of bass boost centered at 45Hz).
- Pre-amp Input: platinum-plated RCA jacks for left and right channels
- High Level Input: Molex plug input for included harness
- Speaker Outputs: platinum-plated set-screw terminals (width: 0.183") for left and right channels that can accept up to 8-gauge wiring
Input, Power and Ground Wiring: This amplifier has two power and two ground inputs, and each input can accept 8-gauge wire. If you use an 8-gauge kit with a 50-amp or higher fuse, you only need to use one power input and one ground input. If the 8-gauge kit does not have the required fuse, you can upgrade to a 50-amp or higher fuse. For especially long runs, you may want to use a pre-packaged 4-gauge wiring kit along with two distribution blocks, 8-gauge power cable and 8-gauge ground cable. This would involve using both power and ground inputs on the amplifier. Using this wiring configuration will result in lower voltage drop and better overall performance. If you do not use a 4-gauge wiring kit with the necessary additional items for this wiring configuration, you can purchase all the necessary items separately. The separate parts and wiring needed are as follows:
- Two distribution blocks (each block should have one 4-gauge input and two 8-gauge outputs)
- One fuse holder capable of accepting 4-gauge wire
- One 50-amp fuse
- Two power rings for 4-gauge cable
- 4-gauge power cable (to connect the battery to a fuse holder and the fuse holder to a distribution block with a 4-gauge input)
- 4-gauge ground cable (to connect a ground point to a distribution block with a 4-gauge input)
- 8-gauge power cable (to connect the 8-gauge outputs of a distribution block to the two 8-gauge power inputs on the amplifier)
- 8-gauge ground cable (to connect the 8-gauge outputs of a distribution block to the two 8-gauge ground inputs on the amplifier)
- Remote turn-on cable (speaker wire can be used as remote turn-on cable)
- One 0.25" female quick slide (to attach remote turn-on cable to amplifier)
- One patch cable
- Speaker wire
Dynamic Power Rating (measured at 14.4V):
- Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 600 watts x 1
- Per Channel Into A 2-Ohm Load: 300 watts x 2
- Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 150 watts x 2
- Without Endcaps: Height=2.380", Depth=9.775", Width=14.8750"
- With Endcaps: Height=2.380", Depth=9.775", Width=17.0625"