About the Rockford Fosgate Punch 600.4
The Rockford Fosgate Punch 600.4 four-channel amplifier does justice to your tunes with the same high-performance proprietary technology, clean circuit design, and MOSFET power supplies as its two-channel Punch brethren!
Built-in high- and low-pass crossovers provide outstanding frequency separation for great speaker efficiency. Punch Bass gives you up to 18 dB of bass boost at 45 Hz for some killer low end. And if your receiver has only one set of preamp outputs, the "4-2" switch will still let you take advantage of all four amplifier channels!
If you've got limited space in your vehicle, you can remove the endcaps to broaden your installation options.
- 150 watts x 4 at 2 ohms
- 300 watts x 2 in bridged mode
- requires 8-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 2-, 3-, 4-channel or Tri-Way output
- front and rear high-pass/low-pass crossovers (variable 50-210 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- MOSFET power supply and output devices
- Maximum Efficiency Heat Sink Application (MEHSA) mounting technology increases the heat transfer from the MOSFET output devices to the heat sink, for higher power output, lower operating temperatures, and greater reliability
- TOPAZ noise-killing differential inputs that eliminate 80% of ground loop noise
- Transana circuitry keeps preamp voltages low and signal paths simple for outstanding audio quality
- NOMAD advanced protection circuitry for "intelligent" shutdown protection
- speaker-level inputs
- preamp outputs
- Punch Bass boosts bass up to 18 dB at 45 Hz
- 4-2 switch
- dimensions: 14-7/16"W (10-11/16" without endcaps) x 2-7/16"H x 9-7/8"D
- 3-year warranty
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- RF center badge
- 1 In-line AGU fuse holder (can accept 4 or 8 gauge wires)
- One 50-amp AGU fuse
- 2 Speaker level input harnesses
- Four 3/4" self-tapping screws
- 12 set screws
- One 9/64" Allen wrench
- One 3/32" Allen wrench
- Installation and Operation Manual
- Punch Verification Certificate
- "Team RF" sticker
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate Punch 600.4
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
75 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||99 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||150 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||300 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-200k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.05%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||100 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-210 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-210 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||50 x 1|
|Speaker Level Inputs||---|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||3 YEARS|
|Labor Warranty||3 YEARS|
TRANSana (TRANSconductance Active Nodal Amplifier): The TRANSana is a circuit that allows the audio signal to pass through the amplifier at low voltage. The signal is directly level-shifted to the fixed high voltage rails via a pair of drive transistors. Signal linearity is assured by an active node formed by the drive transistors at ultrasonic frequencies. The result is crystal clear sound quality, even at high volume levels.
MEHSA (Maximum Efficiency Heat Sink Application): MEHSA is a Rockford Fosgate proprietary process that increases the heat transfer from the MOSFET devices to the heatsink. The multi-layer insulated metal MEHSA substrate operates with minimal thermal resistance, spreading heat both downward and outward to quickly dissipate heat from each device across the heatsink. This allows greater power output, enhanced thermal stability, and maximum reliability.
TOPAZ (Tracking Operation Pre-Amplifier Zone): TOPAZ is a circuit that simply eliminates noise. The TOPAZ circuit allows the amplifier ground to move with the source unit ground, creating a "noise elimination" zone just before the preamp section. If there is any noise in the ground coming down the RCA line to the amplifier, TOPAZ amazingly tracks it down and eliminates it. The result is a 30-40dB improvement of the isolation between input ground and chassis ground.
DSM (Discrete Surface Mount): In the manufacturing process high speed robotics are used to place 0% tolerance resistors and large board traces providing greater reliability and efficiency.
NOMAD (NOn-Multiplying Advanced Decision): NOMAD is an intelligent protection circuit that uses an analog computer to make real time decisions regarding temperature, voltage, current and impedance. The unit is protected without limiting sound output unless needed.
Internal Crossovers: There are two internal crossovers (one for the front and one for the rear) channels. Either crossover may be turned to Low pass, High pass or the crossover can be turned off for full-range output.
Crossover Frequency: The crossover frequency control is variable from 50Hz to 210Hz for either the front or rear crossover. The slope of the crossovers is 12dB per octave.
RF Center Badge: Upon arrival, the RF center badge is not adhered to the amplifier. For installation flexibility, the badge can be rotated 180 degrees. Once you've decided in which direction the badge looks best for your installation, the peel-and-stick backing on the badge can be used to attach it to the amplifier.
Variable Punch Bass: Allows you to correct acoustical deficiencies by helping reproduce full range sound without adding excessive boost. There are two controls (one for the front and one for the rear channels) which allow you to vary bass at a fixed 45Hz frequency by 0 dB to +18 dB.
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- Two Crossover Switches : Allows you to select full range, hi-pass or low-pass crossover operation at 12 dB/Oct.
- Two Crossover Frequency Knobs: Allow you to continuously vary the crossover frequency for either crossover from 50Hz to 210Hz.
- Front Gain: This variable gain control allows you to adjust the output level of the front channels
- Rear Gain: This variable gain control allows you to adjust the output level of the rear channels
- 4-2 Input switch: Allows the unit to be driven with either 2 or 4 pairs of inputs without requiring the use of "Y" connectors.
- Punch Bass Knobs: Two knobs (one for the front and one for the rear channels) allow you to continuously vary bass boost centered at 45Hz by 0dB to +18dB.
- Input: Two pairs of Gold-plated RCA jacks (one for front and one for rear channels)
- Output: One pair of Gold-plated RCA jacks (This is a full-range, pass-thru output)
- High Level Inputs: Two Molex plug inputs for included harnesses
- Speakers: Gold-plated set screw for four loudspeakers and accept wire sizes from 8 AWG to 18 AWG
- GND (ground): Gold-plated set screw accepts wire sizes from 8 AWG to 18 AWG
- B+ (power): Gold-plated set screw accepts wire sizes from 8 AWG to 18 AWG
- REM (remote turn-on): Gold-plated 0.250" male quick-slide for remote turn-on lead. Note: A female quick-slide is not supplied.
Dynamic Power Rating (measured at 14.4V):
- Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 317 watts x 2
- Per Channel Into A 2-Ohm Load: 175 watts x 4
- Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 99 watts x 4
Continuous Power Rating (measured at 13.8V):
- Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 300 watts x 2
- Per Channel Into A 2-Ohm Load: 150 watts x 4
- Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 75 watts x 4