About the Rockford Fosgate Punch 800.2
Trying to get powerful performance and more musical detail out of your system? Then let the combination of proprietary technology, clean circuit design, and MOSFET output stages in the Rockford Fosgate Punch 800.2 amplifier make your music stronger and livelier!
You can tweak your tunes around your vehicle's natural acoustics with the built-in crossovers. Punch Bass gives you up to 18 dB of boost at 45 Hz for some powerful low-frequency thump. And if space is tight in your vehicle, you can remove the endcaps for a wider range of installation options.
Important Note: A 4-gauge amp wiring kit cannot be used alone to install this amplifier. Please call a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 for wiring recommendations.
- 400 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
- 800 watts x 1 in bridged mode
- stereo, bridged mono or Tri-Way output
- 50-210 Hz high-pass/low-pass crossovers, 12 dB/octave
- wired remote control included for fingertip control of Punch Bass (boosts bass 0-18 dB, centered at 45 Hz)
- MOSFET power supply and output devices
- MEHSA mounting technology increases the heat transfer from the MOSFET output devices to the heat sink, for higher power output, lower operating temperatures, and greater reliability
- TOPAZ noise-killing differential inputs that eliminate 80% of ground loop noise
- Transana circuitry keeps preamp voltages low and signal paths simple for outstanding audio quality
- NOMAD advanced protection circuitry for "intelligent" shutdown protection
- speaker-level inputs
- 60-amp fuse and fuse holder required
- dimensions: 18-7/16"W (14-7/8" without endcaps) x 2-7/16"H x 9-7/8"D
- 3-year warranty
What's in the box:
Rockford Fosgate Punch 800.2 owner's manual
- 2-Channel amplifier
- RF center badge
- Remote Punch Bass control
- 15' Remote Punch Bass cable
- Remote Punch Bass mounting bracket
- Two 3/8" self-tapping screws
- Self-adhesive Remote Punch Bass control decal
- Remote Punch Bass control knob
- 1 Speaker level input harness
- 12 Set screws
- Four 3/4" self-tapping screws
- One 7/64" Allen wrench
- One 3/32" Allen wrench
- Installation and Operation Manual
- Punch Verification Certificate
- "Team RF" sticker
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Rockford Fosgate Punch 800.2
Inputs and Outputs
TRANSana (TRANSconductance Active Nodal Amplifier): The TRANSana is a circuit that allows the audio signal to pass through the amplifier at low voltage. The signal is directly level-shifted to the fixed high voltage rails via a pair of drive transistors. Signal linearity is assured by an active node formed by the drive transistors at ultrasonic frequencies. The result is crystal clear sound quality, even at high volume levels.
MEHSA (Maximum Efficiency Heat Sink Application): MEHSA is a Rockford Fosgate proprietary process that increases the heat transfer from the MOSFET devices to the heatsink. The multi-layer insulated metal MEHSA substrate operates with minimal thermal resistance, spreading heat both downward and outward to quickly dissipate heat from each device across the heatsink. This allows greater power output, enhanced thermal stability, and maximum reliability.
TOPAZ (Tracking Operation Pre-Amplifier Zone): TOPAZ is a circuit that simply eliminates noise. The TOPAZ circuit allows the amplifier ground to move with the source unit ground, creating a "noise elimination" zone just before the preamp section. If there is any noise in the ground coming down the RCA line to the amplifier, TOPAZ amazingly tracks it down and eliminates it. The result is a 30-40dB improvement of the isolation between input ground and chassis ground.
DSM (Discrete Surface Mount): In the manufacturing process high speed robotics are used to place 0% tolerance resistors and large board traces providing greater reliability and efficiency.
NOMAD (NOn-Multiplying Advanced Decision): NOMAD is an intelligent protection circuit that uses an analog computer to make real time decisions regarding temperature, voltage, current and impedance. The unit is protected without limiting sound output unless needed.
Internal Crossover: The internal crossover is a 12dB/octave Butterworth filter variable from 50Hz to 210Hz. The crossover may be set for high-pass, full range, or low-pass operation.
Remote Punch Bass: The Punch Bass feature helps correct for acoustical deficiencies in the listening environment by helping reproduce full range sound without adding excessive boost. The Punch Bass control has a narrow band adjustment centered at 45Hz, variable from 0dB to +18dB. Using the mounting bracket, the supplied Punch Bass wired remote can be mounted in any convenient location under your vehicle's dash. The wired remote is 2.317" wide, 1.523" tall and 2.035" deep.
RF Center Badge: Upon arrival, the RF center badge is not adhered to the amplifier. For installation flexibility, the badge can be rotated 180 degrees. Once you've decided in which direction the badge looks best for your installation, the peel-and-stick backing on the badge can be used to attach it to the amplifier.
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- Crossover Switch: Allows you to select high-pass, full range, or low-pass crossover operation
- Crossover Frequency: The crossover frequency control is variable from 50Hz to 210Hz
- Left Gain: This variable gain control allows you to adjust the output level of the left channel
- Right Gain: This variable gain control allows you to adjust the output level of the right channel
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- Input: Gold-plated RCA jacks
- High Level Input: Molex plug input for included harness
- Speaker Outputs: Gold-plated set screw terminals that will accept up to 8 gauge speaker wire
- Remote Punch Bass: RJ-45 jack for use with supplied Remote Punch Bass wired remote
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- GND (ground): Two gold-plated set screw terminals; each terminal will accept 8 gauge wire
- B+ (power): Two gold-plated set screw terminals; each terminal will accept 8 gauge wire
- REM (remote turn-on): Gold-plated 0.250" quick-slide for remote turn-on lead. Note: A female quick-slide is not supplied.
Input, Power and Ground Wiring: This amplifier has two power and two ground inputs, and each input can accept 8 gauge wire. The amplifier wiring kits made to handle the current draw capabilities of this amplifier have 4 gauge wire, which is too large to fit the power and ground terminals. Since pre-packaged amplifier wiring kits cannot be used alone, you may purchase all the necessary items separately, or you may use a pre-packaged 4 gauge wiring kit along with two distribution blocks, 8 gauge power cable and 8 gauge ground cable. If you do not use a wiring kit with the necessary additional items, the separate parts and wiring needed to install this amplifier are as follows:
- Two distribution blocks (each block should have one 4 gauge input and two 8 gauge outputs)
- One fuse holder capable of accepting 4 gauge wire
- One 60 amp fuse
- Two power rings for 4 gauge cable
- 4 gauge power cable (to connect the battery to a fuse holder and the fuse holder to a distribution block with a 4 gauge input)
- 4 gauge ground cable (to connect a ground point to a distribution block with a 4 gauge input)
- 8 gauge power cable (to connect the 8 gauge outputs of a distribution block to the two 8 gauge power inputs on the amplifier)
- 8 gauge ground cable (to connect the 8 gauge outputs of a distribution block to the two 8 gauge ground inputs on the amplifier)
- Remote turn-on cable (speaker wire can be used as remote turn-on cable)
- One 0.25" female quick slide (to attach remote turn-on cable to amplifier)
- One patch cable
- Speaker wire
Dynamic Power Rating (measured at 14.4V):
- Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 960 watts x 1
- Per Channel Into A 2-Ohm Load: 480 watts x 2
- Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 240 watts x 2
Continuous Power Rating (measured at 13.8V):
- Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 800 watts x 1
- Per Channel Into A 2-Ohm Load: 400 watts x 2
- Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 200 watts x 2
Bandwidth Specification: The manual incorrectly lists the amplifier bandwidth as 10Hz-200Hz (+0.3dB); the actual bandwidth is 10Hz-200kHz (+3dB).
Included Wrenches: The manual incorrectly states that this unit comes with 9/64" and 3/32" allen wrenches; 7/64" and 3/32" allen wrenches are included with this unit.
The Rockford Fosgate Punch 800.2 replaces these items
- 800 watts RMS x 1 bridged
- variable high-pass/low-pass crossover