About the Rockford Fosgate RFKHD9813 Installation Kit
Amp up your Harley
The RKFHD9813 kit allows you to install a Rockford Fosgate Power or Punch Series compact-chassis amplifier in select 1998-2013 Harleys. The kit includes everything you need to install your new amp, from wiring harnesses right down to the screws. Add some good speakers and you'll be ready to rock!
- install a Rockford Fosgate compact-chassis amplifier in select 1998-2013 Harleys
- everything you need to install your new amp
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RFKHD9813
What's in the box:
Rockford Fosgate RFKHD9813 Installation Kit owner's manual
- Amp mounting plate for select Harley-Davidson motorcycles
- Type 1 bracket (large)
- Type 2 bracket (small)
- 76" 8-gauge Power/ground harness with in-line 60A MAXI fuse and fuse holder
- 9.5' Rear Input/Output harness
- 32" Front output harness
- 18" Front input harness
- 4 Flat-head screws (requires 2mm Allen wrench)
- 4 Pan-head screws (requires T-10 Torx wrench)
- Two 3/4" threaded pins (requires 2mm Allen wrench)
- Installation and Operation Manual
Rockford Fosgate RFKHD9813 Installation Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Rockford Fosgate RFKHD9813 Installation Kit
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate RFKHD9813 is an amplifier installation kit, designed to add a Rockford Fosgate compact chassis amplifier onto a 1998-2013 Harley Davidson motorcycle. The kit contains a mounting plate, power, signal, and speaker wiring.
Compatible Amplifiers: The installation kit is specifically designed for RF's compact chassis amplifiers. This includes the following models: PBR300X2, PBR300X4, T400X2ad, TM400X2ad, and TM400X4ad. Threaded mounting screw holes on the included mounting plate are marked for specific mounting locations of the two- and four-channel Punch or Power Series amps. The hardware for mounting the amplifier is also included.
Compatible Motorcycles: The kit will mount and wire the amplifier in 1998 to 2013 Ultra Classic, Electra Glide, Street Glide, Tri Glide, Road Glide, and Road Glide Ultra models. (May not be compatible with CVO and Screaming Eagle models.)
Kit Contents: The RFKHD9813 amp installation kit contains the following:
- Mounting plate/Brackets: The mounting plate is designed to hold the amplifier, and provide an additional heatsink to cool the amp. A large bracket (labeled Type 1) is used on Road Glide and Road Glide Ultra models, and mounts to the clutch-side turn signal bracket. A smaller bracket (Type 2) is to be used on Ultra Glide, Electra Glide, and Tri Glide motorcycle fairings, and mounts the amp to the top of the factory radio. (It does not work on models with the Communication Module.) Hardware is included for mounting the brackets to the plate.
- Power and Ground Harness: This harness has 8-gauge power and ground wire terminated into a Molex plug that directly connects to the amplifier. The other ends of the cables have ring terminals to connect the wiring directly to the battery. The power wire has an in-line fuse holder with a 60A MAXI fuse. The power wires are cut to length: Power wire is 74", while the Ground wire is 53".
- Front Speaker Input Harness: This pre-terminated, 18" harness has a 4-pin Molex plug that connects directly to the amp's front input socket, and to the factory front speaker wire harness.
- Front Speaker Output Harness: This 32" pre-terminated 16-gauge speaker output harness has a 4-pin Molex plug that connects directly to the amp's front output socket, and female quick slides that connect to the motorcycle's front speakers.
- Rear Speaker Output/Input Harness: The longest harness in the kit (at 9.5 feet) contains both the input and output connectors for the rear channels. This harness is used only when installing a 4-channel amplifier. The input connector is a 4-pin Molex plug that plugs into the amp's rear input socket. Female quick slides connect to the factory stereo's rear speaker wire harness, and to the factory rear speakers. The input wires are color coded purple and green, while the output wires are silver and bronze, and labeled for connecting to the clutch-side and brake-side rear speakers.
1 question already asked