About the Rockford Fosgate M2WL-65MB
Sound, light, and your choice of grilles
Sound, light, and your choice of grilles
Rockford Fosgate M2WL-65MB speakers give you great sound and cool RGB LED lighting in a package that's ideal for your side-by-side. Designed specifically for off-road use, these Element Ready™ speaker pods are built to stand up to water, dirt, mud, and UV rays, so you'll enjoy outstanding performance for years to come. And these speakers come with both black and stainless steel grille inserts, so you can choose the look that's right for your ride.
150 watts of thunder
These compact cage-mount enclosures feature marine-rated 6-1/2" M2-65 marine speakers that can handle up to 150 watts RMS. Rockford's vertical attach surround technique (VAST) maximizes the effective radiating cone area, while the grille-mounted 1" dome tweeters sport dual neodymium magnet motors. The result is crisp, powerful sound that'll sound great on the trail.
Cool colors and control
The Color Optix™ speakers bring cool, colorful lighting to your off-road adventures. You can control the lights and chose your own color patterns using the Color Optix™ Controller (sold separately) along with the free RF Connect app.
Element Ready™ design
Rockford Fosgate designed their M2WL-65MB speaker pods to stand up to whatever the great outdoors throws at them. These IPX6-rated pods meet tough UV and Salt-Fog industry standards, so they'll stand up to the great outdoors. Each speaker is housed in a high-density ASA plastic frame and protected by a rugged stainless-steel grille. Smart features like marine-grade connection terminals ensure that you'll enjoy these speakers for years to come.
Easy to live with
These pods feature a clever universal clamping system that fits onto 1” to 2” round bars, and you can adjust the lighted, rotatable rear badge to suit your setup. The integrated Deutsch™/Amphenol™ connections make installation easier, and the innovative clamp-doors eliminate the need for a lanyard by keeping the captive Torx screw from vibrating loose.
- 6-1/2" cage-mount speaker pods with LED lighting (pair)
- included mounting clamp fits SXS ROPS (Roll Over Protection System) from 1" to 2"
- built-in Color Optix™ RGB LED lighting
- Rockford Fosgate Color Optix™ controller sold separately
- control colors and patterns with the free RF Control app
- Element Ready™ design stands up to the outdoors
- injection-molded mineral-filled polypropylene cone with UV inhibitors
- 1" grille-mounted dome tweeter
- UV-stable ASA plastic frame
- IPX6-rated for water resistance
- 6-pin Deutsch/Amphenol speaker connectors
- gold-plated, marine-grade brass terminals
- infinitely rotatable illuminated rear badge
- power handling: 150 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 40-24,000 Hz
- dimensions: 9.6" x 7.1" x 8.2"
- includes black and stainless steel UV-stable grille inserts
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # M2WL-65MB
What's in the box:
- Two M2 6.5" Moto-Can speakers w/stainless steel grilles installed
- 2 Black plastic sport grilles
- 2 Upper mounting brackets
- 2 Lower mounting brackets
- Four 1.0" - 1.6" rubber shims w/mounting hardware (four 1-3/8" bolts / 4 flat washers / 4 lock washers)
- Four 1.6" - 2.0" rubber shims w/mounting hardware (four 1-3/4" bolts / 4 flat washers / 4 lock washers)
- Two 12" 6-pin wire harnesses w/Deutsch connectors and integrated rubber seals
- 2 Connection cover-plates
- 4 Plastic grommets
- 1/8" Hex bit
- T-45 Torx wrench
- Instruction manual
- Contact information card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate M2WL-65MB
Moto-Can Speakers: The Rockford Fosgate M2WL-65MB Color Optix Moto-Can speakers each feature an 6.5" 2-way speaker mounted in a sealed enclosure. Built for off-road use, both the speakers and enclosures are part of Rockford Fosgate's "Element Ready" products, designed to stand up to water, dirt, mud, and UV rays. The Moto-Can speakers feature Rockford's Color Optix RGB LED lighting that can illuminate the cone area as well as the rear logo (RGB controller sold separately).
Two-Way Design: The Rockford Fosgate M2WL-65MB Moto-Can speakers come loaded with an M2 Series 6.5" 2-way marine speaker, designed to provide superb low and midrange frequencies with a smooth high-frequency roll-off. Both the tweeter and woofer have been treated for UV radiation and salt-fog resistance for maximum lifespan.
- 1" Tweeter: The M2WL-65MB features a 1" tweeter with a dual neodymium magnet motor for crisp, clear highs. The tweeter is coaxially mounted to the 6.5" woofer.
- 6.5" Woofer: The woofer is made of a mineral filled, injection molded polypropylene material and features integrated UV inhibitors protecting it from sun exposure. This is attached to the UV stable injection molded frame assembly by a VAST vertically attached surround, designed to increase the cone's effective radiating area by up to 25%.
- ICC Crossover: The ICC (Integrated Concealed Crossover) protects the crossover by concealing it inside the basket. This Integrated 12dB/octave sealed crossover features a built-in protection circuit.
- Klippel Verified: The Klippel distortion analyzer, a device that uses a laser and sophisticated software to do large-scale analysis of drivers in motion, lets Rockford Fosgate optimize the speaker's motor structure, voice coil alignment, and suspension to yield the best possible performance.
Power: Each Rockford Fosgate speaker can handle up to 150W RMS (600W peak).
Color Optix: The M2WL-65MB Moto-Can speakers feature Rockford Fosgate's Color Optix RGB LED lighting integrated into the enclosure, allowing the speaker cone and rear logo to be illuminated. Control of the RGB LED lighting is done using the Rockford Fosgate PMX-RGB Color Optix controller (sold separately) in conjunction with the free RF Connect App on your smartphone or tablet. This lets you select from a wide range of colors along with adjusting brightness and scrolling speed.
Rugged Enclosure: The enclosures are constructed of high density ASA material and coated with a UV inhibitor to withstand the harsh outdoor environment.
IPX6: The M2WL-65MB speakers carry an IPX6 waterproof rating, making them impervious to water spray from all directions.
Mounting: The Rockford Fosgate M2WL-65MB speakers are designed to be mounted to SXS ROPS (Roll Over Protection System) tubing ranging from 1.0" - 2.0" in diameter. Stainless steel mounting clamps are included that provide up to 360° of rotation for optimal speaker aiming, and include rubber shims for a secure fit. The illuminated rear logo features Rockford Fosgate's 3DIL technology, allowing it to be rotated up to 360° for proper orientation after mounting.
Grilles: Two sets of speaker grilles are included with the off-road speakers - stainless steel (installed) and a pair of UV stable ASA plastic Sport grilles (black).
Wiring: Speaker and RGB connections to the M2WL-65MB speakers are made through the two provided 12" 6-pin wire harnesses with Deutsch marine-grade connectors. Both wire harnesses feature integrated rubber seals that prevent water and dirt ingress when the connector is attached to the speaker.