About the Rockford Fosgate Punch P1000X5D
Heat is the enemy of all amplifiers — sucking power away from your music and damaging internal components over time. Rockford Fosgate came up with some clever innovations that keep these Class D Punch amplifiers running cool, improving efficiency and reducing their size so they can fit in almost any vehicle.
One compact amp for your whole system
The 5-channel Punch P1000X5D amplifier sends 75 watts RMS to each of your front and rear speakers and up to 500 watts RMS to your subwoofer, giving you the crystal-clear power you need to hear and feel the full impact of your music. Separate front, rear, and subwoofer frequency filters give you razor-sharp control over your music's clarity, while the onboard Punch EQ bass boost allows you to reinforce your music's low end even more.
Small and cool
This versatile amp utilizes full-range Class D amp technology, drawing much less current from your car's electrical system than traditional amps, running cooler and generating tons of power from a remarkably compact chassis. Rockford Fosgate builds this amp using precision components assembled by high-speed, super-accurate robots this Discrete Surface Mount system results in less interference between parts, lower operating temperature, and increased life for the amplifier. An amplifier that's built to last, packed with power, and fits almost anywhere — what more could you want for your music?
- 5-channel car amplifier
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 125 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms + 500 watts RMS at 2 ohms
- 250 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- CEA-2006 compliant
- separate variable high-pass filters (50-500 Hz, 12 dB/octave) for front and rear channels
- variable low-pass filter (50-500 Hz, 12 dB/octave) for subwoofer channel
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 45 Hz) and for subwoofer channel
- switchable subsonic filter (25 Hz, 24 dB/octave) and phase switch for subwoofer channel
- full-range Class-D amplifier design
- Discrete Surface Mount construction
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and an 100-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 100-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 11-15/16"W x 2-1/4"H x 8-3/8D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # P1000X5D
What's in the box:
- 5-Channel amplifier
- Four 1-1/2" Self-tapping screws
- 4mm Allen wrench
- 2mm Allen wrench
- Installation & Operation manual (Eng/ Fren/ Span/ Ger/ Ita)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate Punch P1000X5D
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
75 x 4 |
200 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||125 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||250 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20000 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||85 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-500 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-500 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D is a Full Range Class-D 5-channel amplifier with 4 full-range channels plus a dedicated subwoofer channel. Class-D amplifiers are very efficient, which reduces current consumption from the vehicle's charging system.
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for determining an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4-ohm load with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on an equal basis. Following the CEA-2006 criteria, the P1000X5D is rated at 75 Watts RMS x 4 channels + 200 x 1 channel with an 85dBA signal to noise ratio for the front/rear channels and 75dBA for the subwoofer channel. The signal to noise ratio at the rated power output is 105dB F/R and 95dB Sub.
Note: The amplifier's power output is 125 watts x 4 + 500 watts x 1 at 2 ohms.
Cast Aluminum Heatsink: The cast aluminum heatsink dissipates heat generated by the amplifier's circuitry. The inherent advantage of casting provides a 30% improvement of cooling over conventional extrusion heatsink designs.
DSM (Discrete Surface Mount): In the manufacturing process high speed robotics are used to place 1% tolerance parts and large board traces. DSM improves the efficiency of the circuit, decreases cross-talk from other discrete components and lowers operating temperature.
Power and Protection LEDs: Power and Protection LEDs are located on top of the amplifier. The Power LED glows red when the amplifier is turned on. The Protect LED illuminates yellow if a short circuit or too low an impedance is detected at the speaker connections. When any of the protection circuits engage, the amp automatically shuts down until the problem is corrected.
Punch EQ2: The Punch EQ2 on-board equalization circuit helps correct for acoustical deficiencies in the listening environment. The Gyrator-based Punch EQ control is a narrow band adjustment, variable from 0dB to +18dB at 45Hz, that eliminates frequency shift with boost. The Punch EQ2 operates for the subwoofer channel only.
Note: If the optional PEQ Remote Punch EQ is connected to the amplifier, it will override the built-in Punch EQ2.
Control Panel: The P1000X5D has top-mounted controls, covered by a removable panel. There are three sets of controls: one set each for the front, rear and subwoofer channels. The controls are as follows:
- Front/Rear Channels:
- Butterworth Crossovers: the 2-way crossover switch lets you select High Pass (HP) or All Pass (AP); the High Pass crossover point is continuously variable from 50Hz to 500Hz; the crossover slope is 12dB per octave
- Gain: rotary gain control; continuously variable from 150mV to 5V (labeled 1 to 11)
- Subwoofer Channel:
- Punch EQ: rotary control to adjust the Punch EQ; 0-+18 dB, centered at 45 Hz; operates when Crossover switch is set to Low Pass (LP)
- Butterworth Crossover: the Low Pass crossover point is continuously variable from 50Hz to 500Hz; the crossover slope is 12dB per octave
- Infrasonic Filter: a 2-way switch to turn the 20Hz, 24dB/octave infrasonic filter on or off.
- Phase: the variable 0-180° phase control allows you to listener to change the arrival time of the subwoofer sound waves relative to the same frequencies from the main speakers.
- Gain: rotary gain control; continuously variable from 150mV to 5V (labeled 1 to 11)
Input Switches: Two side-mounted 2-way switches let you set the input modes. The 2/4CH switch lets you set the front and rear inputs to 2-channel or 4-channel mode. In 2-channel mode, only the front inputs need to be connected to send audio to all four output channels. In the 4-channel mode, both front and rear inputs are connected. The Sub Input switch lets you set the subwoofer channel to receive signals from the dedicated sub input or from the front channel input.
Power Connections: The power and ground terminals are nickel-plated set-screw wire connectors and will accommodate up to 4-gauge wire. An external 100-amp fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire within 18 inches of the battery. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 100-amps, the original should be replaced with a 100-amp fuse. The remote turn-on terminal is also a nickel-plated set-screw and will accept wire up to 8-gauge. The supplied 2mm and 4mm Allen wrenches are required to tighten/loosen the terminals.
Speaker Connections: There are five pairs of speaker outputs for front left/right, rear left/right, and subwoofer. The terminals are nickel-plated set-screw wire connectors and will accept up to 8-gauge wire. The supplied 2mm Allen wrench is required to tighten/loosen the terminals.
RCA Inputs: The 3 pairs of RCA input jacks are nickel-plated to resist corrosion.
Remote Punch EQ (PEQ) Connection: An RJ-45 jack is provided for connecting an optional remote PEQ control (575ROCKPEQ, sold separately).
Note: Previous model Punch Bass and Para-Punch remotes will not work with this amp.