About the Rockford Fosgate P165-SE
Slots on the outer edge of the woofer basket make for an easier installation.
As solid as sound gets
Without a doubt, Rockford Fosgate's Punch Series P165-SE component speaker system is a powerful alternative to the speakers that came in your car. Using an injection-molded mineral-filled polypropylene cone, the 6-1/2" woofer delivers impressively accurate sound. Rockford Fosgate's signature VAST surround technique also expands the surface area of the cone, giving you better bass response than comparable speakers.
But no matter how heavy the bass gets, the separate 1" dome tweeter provides clear, extended highs for a rich full-range sound. Rockford Fosgate includes external crossovers to regulate your sound and make your lows, mids, and highs as undiluted as they can be.
Give your import some American muscle
Do you own a European car like a VW, Citroen, or Vauxhall? Rockford Fosgate designed these speakers with you in mind. Rather than only providing rigid screw holes that hopefully match up to your factory speaker opening, the Flex 2 Fit basket design uses slots on the outer edge of the woofer basket for an easier match.
Installation note: You'll need a pair of our universal backstraps to install the tweeters in the factory locations.
- component speaker system includes two woofers, two tweeters, two crossover systems, and two woofer grilles
- 6-1/2" mineral-filled polypropylene woofer
- Santoprene rubber surround
- separate 1" PEI dome tweeter
- Vertical Attach Surround Technique (VAST™) increases cone area
- power range: 5-60 watts RMS (120 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 44-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- top-mount depth: 2-5/16"
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # P165-SE
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Tweeters (6" speaker wire attached terminated with female quick-slide connectors)
- 2 Front flush mount brackets
- 2 Rear flush mount brackets
- 2 Angled surface mounting housings
- 2 Tweeter trim rings
- 2 Crossovers
- Two M4x25mm Machine screws
- Two M4x10mm Machine screws
- Two M4x15mm Stud bolts
- Eight 1-1/4" Allen head screws
- 3mm Allen head bit
- 8 Speed clips
- Two 39" Lengths of crossover input speaker wire (each with female quick slides on one end and tinned bare wire on the other)
- Two 39" Lengths of woofer speaker wire (each with female quick slides on both ends)
- Two 39" Lengths of tweeter speaker wire (each with male quick slides on one end and female quick slides on the other)
- Installation/Operation Instructions (English/ French/ Spanish/ German/ Italian)
Rockford Fosgate P165-SE reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate P165-SE
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Tweeter Composition||Treated PEI|
|Woofer Composition||Mineral-Filled IMPP|
|Woofer Surround||Santoprene Rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||88|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||91|
|Frequency Response||44 - 20k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||5|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||60|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||120|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 5/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 9/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 1/2|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.425|
Injection-Molded Polypropylene Woofers: The woofer cones are mineral filled, injection-molded polypropylene. This molding process assures a uniform cone thickness for superior linearity and clarity. It is also light weight and rigid for decreased distortion and improved bass response.
Klippel Verified: The Klippel distortion analyzer, a device that uses a laser and sophisticated software to do large-scale analysis of drivers in motion, lets Rockford Fosgate optimize the speaker's motor structure, voice coil alignment, and suspension to yield the best possible performance.
VAST Surround: The Vertical Attach Surround Technique (VAST) increases a speaker's effective radiating cone area without increasing the size of the basket.
FlexFit 2 Basket: The FlexFit 2 frame utilizes slots (where possible) instead of single screw sized holes; allowing slight adjustment of the speaker when mounted.
Size Classification Note: Some manufacturers, including Rockford Fosgate, call this size speaker a 6-1/2". Because it requires a larger cutout than a standard 6-1/2" speaker, Crutchfield has traditionally referred to this size woofer as a 6-3/4". Please refer to the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to confirm fit in your vehicle.
PEI Dome Tweeters: The 1" dome tweeters are made of Poly-Ether-Imide (PEI); PEI is a polymer film that produces a wide soundstage for superior imaging.
Mounting: The tweeters have multiple mounting configurations; choose flush or angled surface mount. The surface mount housing can be positioned at a 10° or 30° angle. Depending on the mount used, the installed dimensions are:
|Flush||Surface 10°||Surface 30°|
|Mounting Depth||0.912"||Screw Depth||Screw Depth|
Crossovers: The crossover inputs and outputs are spade terminals; the included speaker wire has quick slides attached to easily connect to the crossover. The crossover slope is 12dB per octave.
- Width: 3-3/8" (4-3/8" including the wire)
- Height: 1-3/8"
- Depth: 2"
6 questions already asked