About the Rockford Fosgate P500-12P
Rockford Fosgate power for your vehicle
Rockford Fosgate power for your vehicle
Are you looking to add some bass to your ride without all the headaches of matching up a sub with a compatible amp and enclosure? Rockford Fosgate designed their Punch Series P500-12P powered subwoofer to give you a perfect match of enclosure, sub, and amp, so you can avoid all the complex mathematics. At only 11" deep, this slim enclosure is made to tuck neatly into passenger cars, trucks, and SUVs, enhancing your music with deep, rich bass. You'll love the powerful impact this enclosure adds to your favorite tracks, and you'll rest easy knowing that you're getting tried-and-true Rockford Fosgate performance.
Rugged and powerful
The P500-12P comes equipped with a 12" woofer that's a perfect match for the built-in 500-watt amplifier. The ported enclosure adds extra punch, and the rugged industrial vinyl coating protects it wherever you choose to install it. You can use the low-pass crossover, bass boost, and phase switch to adjust the sub to work best in your vehicle. High- and low-level inputs allow you to connect it to any system, while the included remote knob lets you adjust bass intensity from the driver's seat. Best of all, you can pop out the "quick disconnect" power and signal connectors to remove the enclosure for some extra room when you need it.
- hatchback-style powered ported enclosure with 12" sub
- Class D amplifier (500 watts RMS)
- 5/8" MDF enclosure with heat-activated vinyl finish
- remote bass-level control included
- quick disconnect connectors for easy removal
- intelligent auto turn on/off function
- separate low-level and speaker-level inputs
- variable low-pass crossover (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable phase control (0° to 180°)
- variable bass boost
- frequency response: 20-200 Hz
- requires 8-gauge wiring kit (sold separately)
- fuses: 2 x 15A ATO
- dimensions: 26"W x 15"H x 11-1/2"D1 x 7-3/4"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # P500-12P
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer enclosure
- PLC Wired remote control
- Wired remote mounting plate
- Two 10mm screws
- 196" Wired remote cable (3.5mm stereo plugs on both ends)
- 12" RCA to 4-pin Molex harness
- Power/ground terminal block
- Four 15A ATC fuses (2 pre-installed)
- 3mm Allen key
- 25.5" Strip of hook-and-loop fastener
- Owner's manual
Rockford Fosgate P500-12P reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate P500-12P
Features & specs
|Connector Type||Removable terminal block|
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||500 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||---|
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate Punch P500-12P is an all-in-one bass solution featuring a 12" woofer in an enclosure made from 5/8" MDF and a built-in 500 watt RMS amplifier. It's slim form is designed to easily fit behind seats in pickup trucks, while taking up as little usable space as possible.
Integrated Amplifier: Rockford's proprietary 12" woofer is powered by a built-in Class-D amplifier rated at 500 watts RMS. The closed-loop designed ensures optimum performance of the woofer, amplifier, and enclosure system.
Quick Disconnect Power/Ground: The power, ground, and remote turn-on wires attach to a quick disconnect terminal block, so the subwoofer can be easily removed when you need more storage space. Each terminal is a set screw, with the power and ground accepting up to 4 gauge wire (minimum 8 gauge recommended) and the remote turn-on will accept up to 8 gauge wire.
Audio Inputs: The amplifier section will accept either a line level (RCA) or speaker level signal. The included 12" input harness has a Molex plug on one end and female stereo RCA jacks on the other. When using a speaker level input, the RCA jacks get cut off and spliced into the factory wires.
Input Switch: The Input Switch is set based on the incoming signal type:
- Low-Level: Used when connecting and RCA level signal into the amp. Range is from 150mV to 6V.
- High-Level: Used when connecting the subwoofer using a speaker-level input signal. Range is from 300mV to 12V.
Auto Turn-On: The Auto Turn-On switch offers three options:
- REM: the amp turns on when +12 volts DC is applied to the remote terminal
- DC Offset: the amp turns on when a 6 volt surge is detected on the signal inputs (from a speaker level source)
- Audio: the amp turns on when an incoming audio signal is detected (can be used with line level or speaker level inputs)
Gain Control: The rotary gain control allows you to match the output level of your headunit to the input level of the powered subwoofer.
Crossover: The 12 db/oct low-pass crossover is always engaged; the crossover point is adjustable from 50 to 200 Hz.
Bass Boost: Use the rotary dial to adjust the bass boost; continuously variable from 0 to +12 dB, centered at 45 Hz.
Phase: A switch allows you to reverse the phase of the subwoofer (0°, 180°).
Protection Circuit: The P500-12P is equipped with thermal overload, over voltage, and short circuit protection. The amplifier will shut down if any of these situations is encountered.
Punch Level Control: A wired Punch Level Control is included so you can adjust the output level from the driver's seat. The remote has a bracket to mount it under the dash. The included 16-1/2' cable, with a 3.5mm stereo mini-plug on each end, connects the remote to the subwoofer. Note: The Punch Level Control measures approximately 2-3/8" wide x 1" high x 2" deep (3-1/2" deep including the knob and cable).
Dimensions: The dimensions listed in Features and Specs include the subwoofer's grille, and the power and signal wiring harnesses, which add approximately 0.75" and 1.0" respectively. The depth of just the enclosure is 10.75" at the base and 7.0" inches at the top. The width without wiring is 25.0".
8 questions already asked