About the Rockford Fosgate PL1-212
Looks great and rocks your world meet your low-frequency soulmate, Rockford Fosgate's Punch Stage 1 PL1-212 subwoofer enclosure. This ported pounder comes out swinging, combining a tough-as-nails medium density fiberboard enclosure with a pair of 12" Punch Stage 1 woofers for powerhouse bass.
The two 8-ohm woofers handle up to 150 watts RMS each, with a molded polypropylene cone that really stands up to continuous abuse. The ported design helps to maximize output, and the sleek design really draws a crowd. Put this box in your trunk or hatchback, and let the low-frequency love flow.
- two 12" Punch Stage 1 woofers with molded polypropylene cones
- ported 5/8" MDF enclosure
- dual binding post connectors (8-ohm impedance per terminal)
- frequency response 20-200 Hz
- power range 50-300 watts RMS
- sensitivity 86 dB
- 34"W x 15-1/2"H x 16-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year (woofers only)
Rockford Fosgate PL1-212 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate PL1-212
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12 x 2|
|Speakers Per Box||---|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||N/A|
|Connector Type||Binding Posts|
|Frequency Response||20-200 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||300|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year/Woofers only|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year/Woofers only|
Punch Stage 1 Woofer: The enclosure houses two 12" single voice coil, 8 ohm woofers. The speakers are a parabolic injection molded polypropylene cone-type woofer with a foam surround. The woofers feature a 2" voice coil, steel basket, 30 ounce magnet and a linear spider.
Solid MDF Construction: The enclosure is constructed of high quality 5/8" MDF (medium-density fiberboard), which resists flexing and has anti-resonant qualities.
Vented Enclosure: The vented enclosure is aided by precision construction through computer design. The enclosure consists of two front-firing 12" single voice coil woofers with dual tuned front ports. The box has an internal volume of 2.70 cubic feet.
Tuned Ports: The enclosure uses two proprietary high-flow, low-noise ports to help produce deep and loud bass efficiently. The ports are side by side on the front of the box and located in between the two mounted woofers.
Box Carpeting: The enclosure is finished with high-density carpeting for superior durability. The top, bottom, front and back of the box are covered in black carpet. The sides of the box have a black plastic end-cap with the Rockford Logo cut-out inside of it.
Speaker Terminals: The subwoofer enclosure uses two sets of 4 AWG binding posts to connect your amplifier to the speaker box. The binding posts are located on the left side of the box (as you face the front of the box).
Wiring Configurations: The two sets of speaker terminals allow you to wire the box in the following configurations:
- 4-ohm Mono: You can wire the two terminals in parallel to a single amplifier channel to obtain a 4-ohm monaural load. Many amplifiers allow you to bridge two channels to a single 4-ohm load.
- 8-ohm Stereo: You can wire each of the two terminals directly to two individual amplifier channels for an 8-ohm stereo load.
- 16-ohm Mono: You can wire the two terminals in a series configuration to a single amplifier channel to obtain a 16-ohm monaural load.
Power Handling: Combined, the subwoofers can handle up to 300 watts RMS power and 600 watts peak power.