About the Rockford Fosgate PM282H-B
Let the thunder roll
Let the thunder roll
When it comes to marine speakers, bigger can be better. A lot better. Rockford Fosgate's Punch Series PM282H speakers feature 8" woofers and 1" aluminum horn tweeters, so you'll get crisp, powerful performance out of your marine audio system. If you've got the space, these speakers will fill it up with sound.
Really big sound for your boat
Available in black or white, these 8" Punch Series speakers feature rugged, removable stainless steel grilles that look great and stand up to blistering sunlight and damaging moisture. Underneath, you'll find UV-treated polypropylene cones, durable Thermo-Plastic Elastomer (TPE) surrounds, Aramid fiber spiders, and integrated crossovers. Translation? You'll be listening to these speakers for a long, long time.
Designed for life on the water
With UV-stable Centrex® injection-molded parts and a suspension designed to stand up to serious abuse, your PM282H speakers will keep cranking it up while you're putting the power down. Made for outdoor conditions, these Element-Ready speakers meet tough UV and Salt-Fog industry standards, so a little rough weather won't stop the fun.
- black 8" 2-way marine speakers
- injection-molded mineral-filled parabolic polypropylene cone with UV inhibitors
- TPE (Thermo-Plastic Elastomer) surround and aramid-fiber spider
- 1" integrated high-efficiency horn tweeter
- integrated 6/12 dB per octave sealed crossovers
- UV-stable Centrex® injection-molded plastic parts
- high-excursion matched motor magnetics and suspension design
- corrosion-resistant, gold-plated input terminals
- 18-gauge corrosion-resistant Stainless Steel grille cover (removable)
- spare terminal set for adding additional tweeters
- stainless steel mounting hardware included
- power handling up to 150 watts RMS
- peak power handling: 300 watts
- frequency response: 63-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PM282H-B
What's in the box:
- Two 2-way marine speakers
- 2 Grilles
- Eight 1-3/4" Stainless steel Allen head screws
- Four 1" Stainless steel Allen head screws
- 3mm Allen head bit
- 8 Stainless steel speed clips
- Grille putty
- 2 Wire bands
- Installation/Operation manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ German/ Italian)
More details on the Rockford Fosgate PM282H-B
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||1" Horn|
|Woofer Composition||Mineral filled IMPP|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
96 dB at 2.83 volts |
93 dB at 1 watt
|Frequency Response||63 - 22k Hz|
|Max RMS Power Handling||150|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||300|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||3 3/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||3 11/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||7 1/8|
Marine Tested: Rockford Fosgate uses industry standard tests (ASTM B117 salt/fog and ASTM D4329 sunlight, moisture, and heat) to ensure the PM282H-B speakers will provide optimum performance in the difficult marine environment.
Woofers: The woofer cones are injection molded, mineral filled polypropylene with UV inhibitors. This molding process assures a uniform cone thickness for superior linearity and clarity. It is also light weight and rigid for decreased distortion and improved bass response.
TPE Surrounds: The TPE surrounds (Thermo-Plastic Elastomer, a synthetic rubber) are UV and salt/fog resistant.
ICC Crossover: The ICC (Integrated Concealed Crossover) simplifies installation and protects the crossover by concealing it inside the basket, creating a cleaner look and easier installation. The crossover is 12 dB/octave high pass.
Infinite-Baffle Operation: The speakers are designed for infinite-baffle operation and can be installed in a variety of locations, without the need for a dedicated enclosure.
VAST Surround: The Vertical Attach Surround Technique (VAST) increases a speaker's effective radiating cone area without increasing the size of the basket.
FlexFit Basket: The Flex Fit frame utilizes slots (where possible) instead of single screw sized holes; allowing slight adjustment of the speaker when mounted.
Speaker Terminals: There are two sets of terminals, shorted together, so you can easily add another pair of tweeters (optional, sold separately). Both the positive and negative terminals have 0.187" and 0.110" wide male quick slides.
Klippel Verified: The Klippel distortion analyzer, a device that uses a laser and sophisticated software to do large-scale analysis of drivers in motion, lets Rockford Fosgate optimize the speaker's motor structure, voice coil alignment, and suspension to yield the best possible performance.
Stainless Steel: The mounting hardware is stainless steel to resist corrosion.
1 question already asked